• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hardest sport ever?

Atlas

Well-Known
Listening to five live the other day (and spured on by the conversation on Federer in the Wimbledon thread) what is the hardest sport to conquer?

There was a suggestion Fed was the greatest ever sportsman because Tennis was the hardest sport to master due to the mix of power and intricate shots required and the different playing surfaces making it harder to judge the ball etc.

Surely there are harder sports to master than Tennis?

Legally conquering sprinting (or any athletics event) has to be up there.

Just about to say Golf myself, its a complete bastard and I'm completely shit at it, still love it mind

Golf and snooker.
You watch those fuckers on tv and think, 'how hard can this be?' and then you go out and try it and... well you know how the rest goes.

[quote author=Stu link=topic=34567.msg901317#msg901317 date=1246900088]
Golf and snooker.
You watch those fuckers on tv and think, 'how hard can this be?' and then you go out and try it and... well you know how the rest goes.
[/quote]

Yeah, both require a massive amount of technical skill but neither are sports, in my eyes.

I guess whichever sport you choose is dependent on whether you value physical fitness over technical finesse or visa versa

Some espn show compared golfers and quarterbacks the other day. The agreed point was many qbs are "ok" at golf, whereas the golfers would almost universally be woeful quarterbacks.

Tour de France seems like hell.

Cycling long distance and then having to wake up and it all again the next day, and the next day, and the next day .......

I have always thought the hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a baseball. Not to say baseball is a hard sport in general, but I think that aspect of it is very, very tough.

[quote author=Marquis link=topic=34567.msg902153#msg902153 date=1247003256]
Synchronised swimming

I'm only partially joking.
[/quote]

Any pix Marquis?

Back
Top Bottom