• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Harry Wilson - stay or go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
The Mirror is running with this piece:

[article]Harry Wilson is being targeted by a growing number of Premier League clubs for a £20million-plus summer transfer.

Wilson, 22, has shone on loan at Derby County from Liverpool this season.
The Wales international has flourished under the guidance of Rams boss Frank Lampard.

Wilson, who can operate in central midfield, out wide, or off the front, has scored 18 goals ahead of Monday's Championship Play-off Final against Aston Villa.

Now as many as six Premier League sides are keeping tabs on his situation, ahead of a summer scrap for his services.

Bournemouth , Newcastle , Southampton and Brighton are the top-flight contingent asking for Liverpool to keep them abreast of the Reds' plans for Wilson next season.

Ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is also monitoring Wilson at Leicester , while Wolves have also checked him out.

Derby themselves will also push ahead with their own plan to hang onto Wilson if they beat Villa at Wembley on Monday.

The Rams are also keen to hang on to the 22-year-old if they gain promotion to the Premier by beating Aston Villa in Monday’s play-off final.

Wilson is also attracting interest from Germany from Hertha Berlin - who have been holding talks with Liverpool over turning Marko Grujic's loan deal permanent - and Europa League semi-finalists Eintracht Frankfurt.

Big money offers will certainly tempt Liverpool to cash in on the homegrown product.

However, a waiting game is set to ensue, with Wilson likely to be given the opportunity to play his way into Jurgen Klopp's plans in pre-season.

Wrexham-born Wilson isn't paying attention to speculation however, admitting it would be "foolish" to look past his first appearance at Wembley next week.

"I'd be foolish if I started looking too far ahead now. I'm happy with how things have gone here, but when you’ve put so much into a campaign, like we all have at Derby.

"I’d be letting myself down if I was stood here thinking about the summer, or about next season or about what the future holds.”[/article]

20 million is a good wad of cash ... Sell or keep?

I'll let Klopp make that decision. He looks really good bench option to me but none of us really know because we don't see him day in day out on the training pitch.

I saw Neil Jones saying that we might let Shaqiri go as he has struggled to adapt to the tactical side of Klopps approach.
Maybe Lallana is off as well, so who knows there might be a place for him.

I think its a case of seeing how he performs in pre season and take it from there when the squad is set.
We are certainly in no rush to let go of him.

I think we should keep him for now. If he’s not getting a game or living up to expectations then he’ll still be in demand in January.

He hasn't massively impressed me when I've seen him play for Derby, albeit only six or so full matches.

He seems to have 'moments' in matches, & I don't mean just the strikes on goal, but he will drift in & out of games, & occasionally you see him with a massive burst of energy, create something, then if there's a second ball he will be standing there panting, like his fitness is all aimed at bursts of play & he can't keep it up, I noticed his teammates getting pissed off with that on more than one occasion.

That said, klopp can work miracles with young players, so I fully understand seeing what klopp can get out of him before making a decision.

Depends who we'd buy if we sell him and all the others. If someone better comes in as a result, then sell

Depends who we'd buy if we sell him and all the others. If someone better comes in as a result, then sell

He is young, fulfills the homegrown quota, plays in 5-6 attacking positions, takes a mean freekick amongst other attributes. Not sure why he shouldn't be given a chance.

Yeah, if we're moving Lallana on, and by God, we should be, then surely there's a space for Wilson in the squad? I say keep.

Can't easily see us improving on Wilson for the kind of fee being discussed in the OP.

Keep unless the management reckon the squad is sufficient without him.

Looks like we could be losing a no. of players with home grown status (Lallana, Milner, Sturridge, Clyne) soon. Why not a loan move to EPL club and monitor his progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom