• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hatton vs Malignaggi

SaintGeorge67

Well-Known
So what are peoples thoughts?

It's the first time really in Hatton's career when he doesn't have to win. Could complacency creep in?

I'm no Malignaggi fan but I'm not 100% sure Ricky will win this.

I don't think Ricky will be complacent (Mayweather Senior will see to that if the need arises) but I do think he's in for a tough fight. Heart says Hatton, head's not so sure.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28708.msg723792#msg723792 date=1226748004]
So what are peoples thoughts?

It's the first time really in Hatton's career when he doesn't have to win. Could complacency creep in?

I'm no Malignaggi fan but I'm not 100% sure Ricky will win this.
[/quote]

Is Malignaggi any good? I noticed that on Setanta they are advertising that Hatton is fighting, but not who he is fighting.

I like Malignaggi, I think I'm gonna feel torn during this fight and not know who to support.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28708.msg724314#msg724314 date=1226764373]
He's pretty fast but he has little power.
[/quote]

Cheers

Refugee, you must remember Malignaggi from his fight with Ndou when he had the dreadlocks and they had to be chopped off half way through the fight.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28708.msg724414#msg724414 date=1226767536]
Refugee, you must remember Malignaggi from his fight with Ndou when he had the dreadlocks and they had to be chopped off half way through the fight.
[/quote]

Doesn't ring a bell (I'll get my coat).

I don't get to see a lot of fights, I only really watch the the better (more hyped) UK boxers with few exceptions. I have been trying to watch more bouts but the amount of match fixing really puts me off. By that I mean the hand picking of weaker boxers in order to ensure victory for the up-and-comer.

Ah, you gotta get to know about Malignaggi! He's one of my favourite fighters, his style is flamboyant, a bit like Hamed and he's good at talking up a fight, but you'll be pushed to find a fighter with more heart than Malignaggi.

That's why these two will be such a good fight.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28708.msg724757#msg724757 date=1226787045]
He's a twat though.
[/quote]

No he's not! I know he's got the silly hair and earrings and stuff, but that's cos he's an Italian American, I'm putting it down to cultural differences.

I don't know how anyone can watch the Cotto Malignaggi fight and not fall in love with Malignaggi!

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28708.msg724698#msg724698 date=1226782951]
Ah, you gotta get to know about Malignaggi! He's one of my favourite fighters, his style is flamboyant, a bit like Hamed and he's good at talking up a fight, but you'll be pushed to find a fighter with more heart than Malignaggi.

That's why these two will be such a good fight.
[/quote]

Sounds good, I will have a look on youtube etc and see if I can find a few clips.

I like Malignaggi, but I'd expect a Hatton decision.

This has the makings of a very, very good fight.

[quote author=Hooz link=topic=28708.msg725536#msg725536 date=1226858438]
I like Malignaggi, but I'd expect a Hatton decision.

This has the makings of a very, very good fight.
[/quote]

Think I agree (other the liking Malignaggi bit).

It's a shit fight and Sky are having a giraffe if they think I'm paying £15 to watch it.

I think Hatton will win, but think it may be a pretty close(ish) fight, that Hatton will win on points.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=28708.msg726540#msg726540 date=1226942523]
Who's Malinaggi and when's the fight?
[/quote]

Paulie Malinaggi, Italian American fighter. One of my favourite boxers, I'm gonna be supporting him. It's on Saturday probably at about 4am.

Get to know about Malinaggi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_-ipFqlTU

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28708.msg726618#msg726618 date=1226948823]
[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=28708.msg726540#msg726540 date=1226942523]
Who's Malinaggi and when's the fight?
[/quote]

Paulie Malinaggi, Italian American fighter. One of my favourite boxers, I'm gonna be supporting him. It's on Saturday probably at about 4am.

Get to know about Malinaggi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_-ipFqlTU
[/quote]

I've seen a bit of him recently, I think him and Hatton will have a proper battle.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

I really like Malignaggi, his movement and therefore the different angles he's gonna come at Hatton in could be a problem for Hatton. As we know he only moves backwards and forwards.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28708.msg729735#msg729735 date=1227290083]
I really like Malignaggi, his movement and therefore the different angles he's gonna come at Hatton in could be a problem for Hatton. As we know he only moves backwards and forwards.

[/quote]

You do?

You should have said.

The only way Malignaggi will win this is on points. He has 5 stops in his entire career with the last one coming way back in 2003 (numerous hand ops apparently).

Hatton to win for me (33/1ish for RH to finish it in the 6th or 7th).

You say "only" but IMO that's quite possible. Admittedly if Ricky catches the guy he's toast, but that's going to be a lot easier said than done.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=28708.msg730014#msg730014 date=1227350199]
You say "only" but IMO that's quite possible. Admittedly if Ricky catches the guy he's toast, but that's going to be a lot easier said than done.
[/quote]

For sure it is possible JJ. One other small detail about this fight is that Hatton is very likely to be near on a full stone heavier than the gobby one.

Hatton is going to fucking murder him, the yank could keep fighting for a hundred rounds and he still wouldn't be able to knock him out

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=28708.msg729744#msg729744 date=1227291112]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=28708.msg729735#msg729735 date=1227290083]

[/quote]

You do?

You should have said.
[/quote]

Haha. I really didn't realise!

Back
Top Bottom