• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hatton Vs Pacquiao

Dude, this guy is THE BIGGEST celebrity in Phillipines. Posters of him being plastered in almost every shopping complex.

Even the president attended his birthday. That alone shows you how much he's revered in his home country.

Everyone in that country, especially politicians want to be associated with the Pacman, in one way or another.

Watching that gimp get the fucked kicked out of him was quite enjoyable indeed. Hopefully this will put an end to the faux-legend status he holds amongst so many. Maybe it's cos he's working class, buys his mum her beloved council house, or dips his fish fingers in heinz beans I've no idea but quite why he's so revered by the British when there are actual proper sporting identities in the country like Hamilton, Murray, etc, who have managed to win something outside of their own city is really rather bizarre.

Anyway, fuck him.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=32633.msg858523#msg858523 date=1241446161]
Watching that gimp get the fucked kicked out of him was quite enjoyable indeed. Hopefully this will put an end to the faux-legend status he holds amongst so many. Maybe it's cos he's working class, buys his mum her beloved council house, or dips his fish fingers in heinz beans I've no idea but quite why he's so revered by the British when there are actual proper sporting identities in the country like Hamilton, Murray, etc, who have managed to win something outside of their own city is really rather bizarre.

Anyway, fuck him.
[/quote]

Indeed there seems to be quite a disease in wanting one of our own to fail, especially the hatred for the two you mentioned.

However Hatton is a good boxer, giving the British fans lots of brilliant moments.. I hope for his sake, he does retire now, because like Rouge, I actually thought he might have been brain dead. Freddy Roach has called for him to retire too, because there is only so many time his head can take a beating like that.

i feel sorry for hatton becuase I think it is the attitude of his fans that to some extent detracts from his status. Objectively he is an excellent boxer who has fought 47 times and lost only twice - his two defeats are at the hands of legends who regardless of eras and styles would be classified as true greats - this is not embarrasment. Aside those two he did have some big fights (kosta zoo?, maglliani? [excuse the spelling]). In defeat he was always gracious and not deluded - in match build ups he alwasy carried himsefl with an air of humility and respect. He is a British great and an excellent fighter on the world stage but sadly lacking the skills required to take him up to all time legendary status.

I sky +'d it and re watched the fight with the wife last night. Pacman was devastating, but Hatton did get a few punches in and if he'd had a bit more sense, might have got something.

Instead, he got caught with a few, and the 'new' Hatton with defense went out the window and the old keep going forward even if you're getting hammer blows came back. No head movement, couldn't adapt to Manni's approach. Even Roach said 'we've been watching his fights for the last couple of months, and he's easy to pick apart, when he's going to throw the left, he cock's it, and then we got manni to step inside and catch him with the right (or something similar).

In short, Manni's camp did a Rafa on Hatton and out planned him before the fight even started.

No shame on Hatton for going up against one of 'the greatest' pound for pound boxers of all time. Fighting up 10 weight divisions, and winning belts in 4 and still looking like he could carry on with ease? Wouldn't want to be his next opponent.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=32633.msg858901#msg858901 date=1241510945]
I sky +'d it and re watched the fight with the wife last night. Pacman was devastating, but Hatton did get a few punches in and if he'd had a bit more sense, might have got something.

Instead, he got caught with a few, and the 'new' Hatton with defense went out the window and the old keep going forward even if you're getting hammer blows came back. No head movement, couldn't adapt to Manni's approach. Even Roach said 'we've been watching his fights for the last couple of months, and he's easy to pick apart, when he's going to throw the left, he cock's it, and then we got manni to step inside and catch him with the right (or something similar).

In short, Manni's camp did a Rafa on Hatton and out planned him before the fight even started.

No shame on Hatton for going up against one of 'the greatest' pound for pound boxers of all time. Fighting up 10 weight divisions, and winning belts in 4 and still looking like he could carry on with ease? Wouldn't want to be his next opponent.
[/quote]

Hatton fought your missus?

I missed the fight live, watched it yesterday on youtube. Terrible terrible.

I'm not a huge Hatton fan, I don't think he's a particularly graceful fighter, and his whole 'Oh I'm so normal and common me...oh those millions, nah forget that I just like a pint and some pies' bit tends to irritate me a bit. But I didn't want or expect that he would get beaten quite in the way he did.

He was, for the most part, considered the best UK fighter in the US, so for that alone; the sake of credibility for British boxing, I wanted to see a better display from him than what we saw.

He was exposed in the Mayweather fight, cracks were papered over during the Malignaggi fight which flattered him majorly as he fought a one handed boxer. But this was surely the last straw. Hatton has no boxing brain, he just charges.

I really hope he retires.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=32633.msg858523#msg858523 date=1241446161]

Anyway, fuck him.
[/quote]

Such bile tut tut!

Hatton's a decent fighter as his record shows, he just happened to meet a better fighter. So it goes, Pacquiao will no doubt suffer the same fate later.

World title boxers tend to hang on too long, witness Hatton et al.

Can we stop with this hatyob had no brain rubbish? He lost to two of the best ever. No shame in that. Try he comfortably beat Tszyu and Paulie the twat Malinaggi.

He was an excellent boxer just not top top class.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=32633.msg859267#msg859267 date=1241531771]
Sometimes I wished Prince Naseem was still fighting.

He was a major cunt but entertained me endlessly big time.
[/quote]

agreed - his entrances were ridiculously entertaining

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/jZvBDYS6hsY[/flash]

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=32633.msg859549#msg859549 date=1241554581]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=32633.msg859267#msg859267 date=1241531771]
Sometimes I wished Prince Naseem was still fighting.

He was a major cunt but entertained me endlessly big time.
[/quote]

agreed - his entrances were ridiculously entertaining

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/jZvBDYS6hsY[/flash]
[/quote]

Ha ha... the commentator was a bit of hypocrite in that at the start... If he associates boxing with death, then why the fuck does he commentate?

Tosser.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=32633.msg859703#msg859703 date=1241563502]
Ok, I just watched it. You found that entertaining?
Cringefest
[/quote]

No I found the commentator entertaining for his outburst.

Say what you like about Hamed, he's fat now, yes, he's a criminal yes, he's hated in his home city, yes. But when he was a boxer he DID entertain.

It was more directed at Red_maradonna.
I wasn't entertained by him then and Im not now

Back
Top Bottom