• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Haye V Barrett

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=28724.msg724916#msg724916 date=1226793527]
Am I the only one wanting Klitchko (sp) to say "I will destroy you" to Haye?
[/quote]

He's playing it very cool. If he just did an Ivan Drago "I must break you" or something he'd have Haye beat already.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=28724.msg724909#msg724909 date=1226793311]
[quote author=Piedro link=topic=28724.msg724896#msg724896 date=1226793121]
He's got D.HAYE wrote on the back of shorts you silly fucker.
[/quote]

I know, but you've been in work so thought you;d had too much Rose & taken your contacts out. Last week you couldnt see much!
[/quote]

Dont work Saturdays mate! Stayin in tonight tho cos im going out with that bird tomorrow so didnt wanna be rough. Look at me gettin all responsible.

Although I have tanked 8 bottles of miller cos im home alone.

Klitchko, or however you spell it, just seems weird. He doesn't even look like a boxer, well not the older one.

I thought Haye was gonna fight Vladimer, the younger one.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28724.msg724951#msg724951 date=1226794520]
Klitchko, or however you spell it, just seems weird. He doesn't even look like a boxer, well not the older one.

I thought Haye was gonna fight Vladimer, the younger one.
[/quote]

He's gotta fight both if he wants to be "undisputed"... in a strange kind of way, I always wanted them to fight each other... Has there ever been such a fight where two brothers have fought each other for the title?

Don't think so. They never will either.

I always thought Wladimir would be the better one, though he got destroyed by Corrie Sanders.

Oh, I can't believe no one's mentioned Barrett's brilliant entrance. Haha, poor guy, all went wrong from there really.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=28724.msg724970#msg724970 date=1226795124]
Oh, I can't believe no one's mentioned Barrett's brilliant entrance. Haha, poor guy, all went wrong from there really.
[/quote]

Pssst... Anita... someone did earlier in the thread!

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=28724.msg724886#msg724886 date=1226793001]
Haye simply doesnt have the power or weight to punch quite hard enough to take him to the next level.
[/quote]

Haha! What utter nonsense.

If there is one thing David Haye can rely on, it's his quite tremendous power. His right hand is fucking lethal.

What he does lack is a jab, ring intelligence, any form of organised defence and significant punch resistance. He's a very good Heavyweight prospect, certainly good enough to beat some of the assorted hobos who've managed to wrestle World Heavyweight titles in recent years. But I'd expect Vitali to stop him if the elder Klitschko can get back to the level he was at prior to his retirement. Wladimir is very different and would be difficult to call. Each of them could stop the other at any time, so Haye would have every chance, but I'd say Wladimir's far superior boxing skills would see Haye off.

I would like to see Haye 'clean-up' the division, but with anyone half decent around I'd expect him to come up short. He lacks the technical skill, which was evident when Jean-Marc Mormeck out-manoeuvred him last year, before ultimately getting put on his arse.

People saying he would get 'destroyed' if he went for a World title is guff.

[quote author=Hooz link=topic=28724.msg725284#msg725284 date=1226843273]
Haha! What utter nonsense.

If there is one thing David Haye can rely on, it's his quite tremendous power. His right hand is fucking lethal.

What he does lack is a jab, ring intelligence, any form of organised defence and significant punch resistance. He's a very good Heavyweight prospect, certainly good enough to beat some of the assorted hobos who've managed to wrestle World Heavyweight titles in recent years. But I'd expect Vitali to stop him if the elder Klitschko can get back to the level he was at prior to his retirement. Wladimir is very different and would be difficult to call. Each of them could stop the other at any time, so Haye would have every chance, but I'd say Wladimir's far superior boxing skills would see Haye off.

I would like to see Haye 'clean-up' the division, but with anyone half decent around I'd expect him to come up short. He lacks the technical skill, which was evident when Jean-Marc Mormeck out-manoeuvred him last year, before ultimately getting put on his arse.

People saying he would get 'destroyed' if he went for a World title is guff.
[/quote]

The weight difference between even Barrett & Klitschko is very large, & he simply didnt look string enough to knock him out last night, it took repeated shots to wear him down as opposed to a heavy KO punch.

Similar to the way George Foreman's massacre of Joe Frazier in Jamaica exposed Big George's lack of power?

Haye knocked him down 5 times, and has 21 stoppages in 22 wins. His power is superb and I cannot believe anyone can question it.

He might not have the beating of Vitali, but if Haye lands on Wladimir he'll go down each and every time.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28724.msg725390#msg725390 date=1226846559]
Agree with that, but likewise if Wladimir lands on Haye even at 50% it will put him in huge trouble.
[/quote]

Absolutely. It'd be very tough to call. I'd back Wladimir though.

I agree with Hooz Jon, the two things that Haye seems to have are quick hands and raw power. I don't think he ever caught Barret flush with anything, Barrett hit the deck very easily a couple of times when Haye was ready to let fly with a good hook. Had he stayed up and taken one it would have been lights out.

Another well picked opponent it has to said, Haye fought a heavyweight who couldn't move, couldn't defend and had no hand speed or power.

...but who had overcome a fair old age difference in his previous fight and knocked out the latest Great White Hope, so it's difficult to be too critical.

I guess that just illustrates the poverty of the heavyweight division at the moment.

[quote author=Hooz link=topic=28724.msg727414#msg727414 date=1227049476]
Being white is just about the only thing Tye Fields has going for him.

He's shit.
[/quote]

Lucky fucker.

What I wouldn't give to be white and shit.

Not related to the above fight, but watching the Klitschko fight tonight and Steve Bunce in the studio really is a fucking idiot.

You'd think David Haye is the new Jack Dempsey or Rocky Marciano, whereas the Klitschko's are Audley Harrison calibre the way he's going on.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28724.msg751487#msg751487 date=1229209244]
Not related to the above fight, but watching the Klitschko fight tonight and Steve Bunce in the studio really is a fucking idiot.

You'd think David Haye is the new Jack Dempsey or Rocky Marciano, whereas the Klitschko's are Audley Harrison calibre the way he's going on.
[/quote]

I watched that. He is an absolute no mark. What the hell was he on about regarding his comments on Klitschko talking slowly and that was why he couldnt stand him. Well, Bunce you prick, he speaks better English than you. Not to mention, hes 100x more intelligent. Maybe you can call him to his face next time - now there is a PPV event worth paying for.

Aside from that nob, what an utterly shit fight. Its no wonder the heavyweight scene is dead. Compare that to Froch or Pacquiao last week. Its just embarrassing.

Hopefully Haye can inject something into the division.

Back
Top Bottom