• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Heineken Cup

Paddy

Very Active
So the big one tomorrow...

Munster Vs Leinster

Predictions?

Munster to win but it will be tight.

Hmm. Everybody and his brother fancying the Munsters, so Leinster with zip to lose, and Dricco with maybe something of a point to prove....

Leinster to spring a surprise.

Can't see it happening JJ.

Even though I should be supporting Leinster I'd prefer to see Munster go through. They'll finish the job.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33201.msg857139#msg857139 date=1241256584]
Because ROG is so shit defensively he'll win the game for them ?

[/quote]

hahaah no.

I'll bet you that he misses at least 3 tackles today though if you like?

He may well do.

He probably won't have much defending to do off lineouts though, because Munster will clean up there and thats the best way to get big lads running at ROG. Leinster bossed the scrum last time against Munster and I'd expect the same again today. Cian Healy had Hayes under a lot of pressure when they they last met.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33201.msg856868#msg856868 date=1241188197]
Hmm. Everybody and his brother fancying the Munsters, so Leinster with zip to lose, and Dricco with maybe something of a point to prove....

[/quote]

:p

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33201.msg857429#msg857429 date=1241294582]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33201.msg856868#msg856868 date=1241188197]

[/quote]

:p
[/quote]

Good call JJ.

I watched both games and these HC matches just keep getting better and better each year.

I think Quinlan has probably lost his spot on the B&I Lions tour + I hope that Croft gets the call up to replace him

On that performance Jamie Roberts has to be favourite to partner BOD in the centres (what a combination that could be too).

A lot of newspaper pundits were picking that combo before the tour party was named.  One or two were sceptical though, saying that BOD is more of an inside centre these days, and that the two of them might be a touch too similar to one another to provide the scope for varying the play that a centre partnership ideally needs.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33201.msg858355#msg858355 date=1241429729]
A lot of newspaper pundits were picking that combo before the tour party was named. One or two were sceptical though, saying that BOD is more of an inside centre these days, and that the two of them might be a touch too similar to one another to provide the variety and scope for varying the play that a centre partnership ideally needs.
[/quote]

Mate they'd be a stunning partnership in my book. There both solid as a rock in defence, with BOD picking the wonderful angles + JR just busting over the gain line consistently.

Superb performance by Leinster at the weekend. I knew they'd do it. They're a class apart.

Never seen a shoot out like that. Thought it was a stupid idea at first but I was genuinely entertained by it all. Felt dead sorry for Williams, he's been a great player. Surely a replay would be better?

Did you watch it Larry ?

What format does it take ? Is it bang in front of the posts on the 22 and they have to pick five each to get it ?

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=33201.msg862072#msg862072 date=1241795659]
Never seen a shoot out like that. Thought it was a stupid idea at first but I was genuinely entertained by it all. Felt dead sorry for Williams, he's been a great player. Surely a replay would be better?

[/quote]

It was excellent viewing wasn't it?

I thought they were going to go on forever though at first.

Murphy showed his class with his comments after the game, unlike that tosser Crane.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33201.msg862179#msg862179 date=1241801259]
Did you watch it Larry ?

What format does it take ? Is it bang in front of the posts on the 22 and they have to pick five each to get it ?
[/quote]

Mate, I live in Australia now so I never saw it live. Watched it on replay.

Felt sorry for Martin Williams, bloke doesn't deserve that. He's a ledge.

But, all said an done, Leinster loosk strong, best team I've seen (aprt from Super 14 who'd kill em).

Replay for me mate, penalties is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom