• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson Out for the rest of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news!
Hendo has become the heart and leader of this team, and the midfield is not the same without him.
It could be seen in the last two games.
A massive loss.

Surely it's purely irresponsible to do anything but replace a key part of a title stomping winning team when injured and possibly missing the start of next season , think we've proven were not as close as good with any other combination of midfielders at our disposal

'The season' sounds worse than it is if it's only the 2wks left of this season. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Next season starts 12th Sept, so about 9-10wks away.

This could actually be good news if it prompts us to reconsider bolstering. Hopefully he is able to do the trophy lift without crutches etc!

Knee injuries usually are minimum 2 monthsso wouldn't surprise me.

As far as Grujic coming in...is he even eligible to feature in our remaining games?

It's any area we had a lot of cover in (Naby Fab Gini Ox Millie) so doesn't bother me too much despite his importance.

The other question of course is will it now be passed over to Virgil/Millie to lift the trophy?

It's irresponsible reporting. The results of the scan haven't been released yet. The docs were asked 'what would be the likely injury if it IS an injury' and the docs said a ligament strain that would probably take six weeks to two months to sort out. But they should wait until they know what actually happened.

It's irresponsible reporting. The results of the scan haven't been released yet. The docs were asked 'what would be the likely injury if it IS an injury' and the docs said a ligament strain that would probably take six weeks to two months to sort out. But they should wait until they know what actually happened.
Confirmed..
Out for the rest of the season, Liverpool are confident he will be fit for the new campaign..

Klopp said it was the best «bad» news we could get regarding him not needing an operation.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists Jordan Henderson has to have the honour of lifting the Premier League trophy out of respect for his contribution to the club.
The England midfielder's season has been ended by a knee injury sustained in Wednesday's win at Brighton, but he will not require surgery.
And the plan is for him to be on the podium to celebrate the club's first title in 30 years at the final home match against Chelsea later this month, capping a phenomenal 13 months in which he has lifted the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup trophies.
On Friday, Henderson marked five years since he succeeded Steven Gerrard as club captain and Klopp believes the midfielder deserves the recognition, although whether he dons full kit like a suspended John Terry did for Chelsea's Champions League final celebrations in 2012 has not been decided.
"Get him out of the tracksuit? I don't know yet, we will do everything that is possible to do it the right way. He is absolutely one of the great captains of this club," said the Reds boss.
"I have no idea what will be the rule. If you are not in the starting line-up - which will be difficult for Hendo - then I don't know what we will do.
"We really thought - for the role he played the last years now - he deserves to be in that spot at that moment (when Liverpool lift the trophy).
"If he would have had surgery then he would have been in hospital and it would have been difficult, but no surgery is needed, rehab starts immediately, he will be fine and in a few weeks training and playing again.
"So we will find a solution that shows the respect absolutely for what he did.
"All the boys want that by the way. They all want him to be there and that was one of the first things I heard after we won the league.
"Virgil (Van Dijk) told Hendo 'The shuffle, you can do the shuffle again' (referring to Henderson's now trademark little dance with his feet immediately before the trophy lift).
"I am not sure if he is able to do the shuffle now but that is the biggest problem."

He went full John Terry for his interview at Formby Hall when Chelsea beat City. We've got to accept he's a fullkitwanker and move on

For all the shit we like to give Terry for it, I suspect its just as much for the club to use in image terms as anything else, just to lend consistency to trophy photos for commercial use, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom