• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

no Hengo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its lucky we had each other? He has won us some major honours.

I can see why he'd want Thiago money. But I can also see why the club are thinking nope!!

It's a tricky one. But one thing is for sure if I was in charge. He goes nowhere.

Of course, but that all came after we rewarded him with the armband & Klopp built a side which we could really compete with....let's not forget the 5-6 years before we got close to winning something we were stuck in limbo, he wasn't really performing and the club stuck by him.

Agreed, it’s mutual and he has represented LFC with dignity and respect since then on multiple fronts.
Rather keep him on current contract if he doesn’t want to sign a new one.
We can’t afford to lose him with current midfield if we aren’t prepared to spend having already lost Gini.

We handed Thiago something a 200k contract aged 29, which will have certainly impacted contract talks with both Henderson and Wijnaldum, IMO.

That was the first time we've ever really gone against our buying policy/contract policy, and this is likely a ramification.
On a free. Free Transfer salaries need to be viewed in a completely different light because they aren’t comparable to standard salary negotiations.

Of course, but that all came after we rewarded him with the armband & Klopp built a side which we could really compete with....let's not forget the 5-6 years before we got close to winning something we were stuck in limbo, he wasn't really performing and the club stuck by him.

He was performing. He was often one or our most important players. Rodgers and Klopp wouldn't have put with 5 or 6 years of not performing.

He was performing. He was often one or our most important players. Rodgers and Klopp wouldn't have put with 5 or 6 years of not performing.

Not 5-6 of years not performing, but without winning anything.

I think he struggled in his first 2-3 years....by time Klopp arrived he had asserted himself as a regular...think we came close to getting rid a few times before Klopp came but credit has to go to the club for keeping hold and seeing the potential.

I'd sooner see him make £200k/w than Thiago, truth be told. Not longer than a 2 year extension but he's vital to our side and the club as a whole.

Not 5-6 of years not performing, but without winning anything.

I think he struggled in his first 2-3 years....by time Klopp arrived he had asserted himself as a regular...think we came close to getting rid a few times before Klopp came but credit has to go to the club for keeping hold and seeing the potential.

We came close to get rid once. The summer Rodgers arrived. It was understandable because he was poor the previous season, but at least some of that was down to being consistently shunted out on the right. He was excellent in 2013-2014 when we came second and was one of the few players who consistently performed in Rodgers last full season.

This isn't comparable to Wijnaldum. His contract expired when he was 30 and in form, giving him the option to go to PSG and make massive money. Henderson has a contract, when it expires he'll be 33 and nothing like the player he once was. Where the fuck is he going to go at that point? He'd be begging us to make him an offer, any offer, at that time.

Love Hendo but he should only extend on reduced terms. We’ll be wanting Fabinho to be our senior CM in 2 seasons time, ideally Jones is a mainstay and we’ve had some other additions.

preference would be to keep him for those two seasons, but worst case is we are open to offers next year once we’ve seen how he’s still performing. We can’t afford to lose him this summer.

I don't see what the deal is. The solution is simple, keep Hendo until his contract expires then let him go to whichever team he wants to join. Of course good teams will want him even if he's 33. They won't pay him the same but they'll still want him. We've been in the same situation with a lot former Liverpool greats or legends etc.

We should offer him a contract until 34, with improved terms, and option for the club to renew after

Enough $$ to show the club appreciates him as a leader, but at the same time recognize that he is not immortal.

We handed Thiago something a 200k contract aged 29, which will have certainly impacted contract talks with both Henderson and Wijnaldum, IMO.

That was the first time we've ever really gone against our buying policy/contract policy, and this is likely a ramification.

Apparently, the reason why Goretzka wants out, is that Sane (allegedly) earns £298,000 a week and it's driving the squad crazy

Who is going to pay him that? Even Messi is taking pay cuts.

I guess the money in absolute terms is more than enough, but if some joker who barely plays is making almost twice as much as the key players, including the captain, it's bound to cause major unhappiness. I guess that's why we will never sign Mbappe, and probably won't be signing Saul either.

The club should encourage Thiago to donate a big chunk of his salary to the NHS. He couldn't refuse lest the woke come for him. Then Henderson would quickly shut the fuck up too.

I'm a massive fan of Hendo and I don't want him gone... Then again..... He's not a spring chicken. These things happen. Bizarrely I'm with @Modo on this. He summed it perfectly.

Thiago wasn’t a free.
Wasn’t there a fee of £27 million for Thiago?
He had a year left.
Ah you are right (£20m) not sure why I thought it was on a free. However I'd suggest the same principle applies, if you are getting a world class player for a very low fee due to his contract expiring shortly then the salary is going to be higher.

Ah you are right (£20m) not sure why I thought it was on a free. However I'd suggest the same principle applies, if you are getting a world class player for a very low fee due to his contract expiring shortly then the salary is going to be higher.

To be honest, I was under the impression he was a free too till I read that long article in amortisation due each year. It was a very unlike FSG to make at the time with tha age transfee and wages etc, assume Klopp just really wanted him.

Hendo made the Sunday Times donation list
61ff98fea888e182e3972ade347f36cc.jpg

Last edited:
How does Rashford donate 125% of his wealth. Is Peter Ridsdale his accountant?

He could have easily taken on debt to do so. It is not like he would not make it up with his earnings in a couple of years.

No idea if that is true, but I had negative net worth for donkey’s years and still have to charity. Not like that, though.

If true, that is backing up your words with you heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom