• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hey Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates used to coach one of the kids teams at the Academy years ago and there was a story going around about Robbie playing with one of the youth teams when coming back from injury. He had a go at one of the kids for not passing to him and was told to “do one you fucking has-been” by the kid in question.
You can probably guess that kid was Steven Gerrard. He did OK. Fatherly hand around the shoulder over the next few years from Houllier, telling him to channel that disrespect towards the opposition was all he needed. Still a surly bastard by all accounts but no-one would accuse him of shirking on the pitch. If Bellingham has some of that same “fuck you” attitude then that’s just fine with me. I’d trust Klopp to channel it and make him a better player for it. Never did Gerrard or Souness any harm.

One of my mates used to coach one of the kids teams at the Academy years ago and there was a story going around about Robbie playing with one of the youth teams when coming back from injury. He had a go at one of the kids for not passing to him and was told to “do one you fucking has-been” by the kid in question.
You can probably guess that kid was Steven Gerrard. He did OK. Fatherly hand around the shoulder over the next few years from Houllier, telling him to channel that disrespect towards the opposition was all he needed. Still a surly bastard by all accounts but no-one would accuse him of shirking on the pitch. If Bellingham has some of that same “fuck you” attitude then that’s just fine with me. I’d trust Klopp to channel it and make him a better player for it. Never did Gerrard or Souness any harm.

Check out the first few minutes of this podcast: http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/jamie-carragher-is-angry.183256/

[article]Grealish - the most expensive England player of all time following last summer's £100million move from Aston Villa to Manchester City - is excited by the talent of his fellow Birmingham native.

'I haven't actually (played with a teenager who is that good),' Grealish said. 'It is scary how good he is at 18.

'He is just so mature. He is built like he is my age at 26. He has so much technical ability and he is mature for his age.

'I can tell you one thing, I was nowhere near as good at 18. I was at Notts County (on loan from Villa) and I was a scrawny little thing as well.

'You see talented 18 or 19-year-old kids but not many are that mature as he is on the pitch. He is so versatile and can play in many different positions on the pitch.

'He can be a six, eight or a 10.
It was good to play with him and I think it was my first time playing with him. It is nice to play with a fellow Brummie.'
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom