• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hoever Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Very Well-Known
Wolves are set to sign Ki-Jana Hoever for a fee of around £10million *Daily Mail*

Signed for £90k previously. Also, Neco Williams is just a year older. Hopefully there's some form of sell on clause involved.

This is what Hoever said in an interview last month.

He confirmed: "I see myself as a right back at the moment. I'm a right back that can play center back.

"I'm not physically ready to player center back for a whole season. Maybe when I'm 25 I might be ready, but as I right back I like the attacking aspect.

"I have a vision in my game like Trent [Alexander-Arnold], where I can put people away. I think I can be somebody who sets up and assists other players."

Since nobody is going to hand us £100m for a first teamer any time soon, it makes sense the hungry for money owners would turn their attention to the kids, eyeing them all up like predatory paedophiles, picking them off one at a time until they've got their fill, 25 mil here, 10 there, another 15 here, it all adds up.

This is what Hoever said in an interview last month.

He confirmed: "I see myself as a right back at the moment. I'm a right back that can play center back.

"I'm not physically ready to player center back for a whole season. Maybe when I'm 25 I might be ready, but as I right back I like the attacking aspect.

"I have a vision in my game like Trent [Alexander-Arnold], where I can put people away. I think I can be somebody who sets up and assists other players."

Hahahaha the hoever damn fool. It would have been nice to have the Amazon documentary people filming his face when he got the news.

Wow. Rather sell him than Brewster, and I don't think he's going to be a first teamer here. 10 mil for him though, happy days

Hard to sell convince a kid with his potential on the prospect of being stone cold 3rd choice RB for the foreseeable future

Last edited:
I was wondering what the deal was / is with Hoever.

A couple years there seemed to be a lot of hype and since then nothing much in the way of first team appearances. Meanwhile TAA has become one of the best in the world and 19 year old Neco Williams is getting games ahead of him.

Definitely seems to be talent there but if we rate Neco higher then there is no point keeping Hoever.

Selling promising youngsters is a sure sign of a club in a healthy financial position.

He's third choice RB. Not all youngers are going to make it. It's £9.8M profit in 2 years without a PL appearance.

We know FSG aren't putting money in, so these sorts of deals are crucial. I don't think it's anything to be worried about.

He's third choice RB. Not all youngers are going to make it. It's £9.8M profit in 2 years without a PL appearance.

We know FSG aren't putting money in, so these sorts of deals are crucial. I don't think it's anything to be worried about.

You know they built a new main stand and a new training ground right?

You know they built a new main stand and a new training ground right?

If you class a loan as putting money in. I don't personally. We're paying them back for it, plus a small amount of initial interest. The club has to be wholly self-sufficient.

These sorts of deals being crucial IS the thing to worry about.

Disappointing we're willing to shift our long term plans for talent by shifting hoever and maybe Brewster. But then, when was the last club who could afford to bring through youth talent every year?

There hasn't been a side that's won anything of note since maybe arsenal?

Cost £90K
Played 4 games
Sold for over £10 million
Incredible business. Wish Edwards had been with us for longer.

Buying a potentially brilliant young player but then selling him on for some other club to reap the benefits isn't THAT genius policy.

I would say that if he was making the expected progress from potentially brilliant to actually brilliant, then selling him now would not make sense.

I think hes better than Neco fron what Ive seen of them, and hes younger too. Id much rather we moved on the likes of Shaq, Ox etc who are just filling out the squad on big wages then sell off our most promising young players.

If hes genuinely never going to make it here like Wilson then thats fair enough, but everything coming out of the club for the last 2 years suggests hes the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom