• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I love Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no way Mane should start the game against Madrid. It would be better that he takes rest physically and may be mentally it will hit him really hard that he finds his form back towards the end of the season.

Mané is boss. He’s our best player and will find his form soon enough. Probably after a decent rest.

Look. The miss at the end was bad. But I think he did the right thing taking the shot given the way the defender cut off the angled pass to Diogo. It was just a very poor finish ultimately.

Look. The miss at the end was bad. But I think he did the right thing taking the shot given the way the defender cut off the angled pass to Diogo. It was just a very poor finish ultimately.
What if Villa managed to counter and score an equaliser?

Point is, if we're up by 2, sure do your're thing, shoot, dribble be as selfish as you want. What pissed me off is that it was a chance to kill the game off.

What if Villa managed to counter and score an equaliser?

Point is, if we're up by 2, sure do your're thing, shoot, dribble be as selfish as you want. What pissed me off is that it was a chance to kill the game off.
It was literally the last 5 seconds of injury time.

I hear what you're saying, but i was more disappointed in the poor finish than the decision to shoot.

That effort at the end was fucking abysmal.

He's mentally done. What he needs is a nice injury to last him off for a few months to recharge and revitalise

Or klopp to play shaqiri more, or big Curtis wide

That effort at the end was fucking abysmal.

He's mentally done. What he needs is a nice injury to last him off for a few months to recharge and revitalise

Or klopp to play shaqiri more, or big Curtis wide
One goal will turn it around.

It feels like Mané is now at the point Firmino was a year ago, its clear something is no longer working but the challenge is trying to understand if it's a short term thing or whether he's now in decline. From my view we gambled that Firmino could regain his best form and he hasn't ever managed to do so consistently, we can't have 2 of our forwards as passengers. With each passing game it seems more inevitable that Mané needs to be moved on.

It feels like Mané is now at the point Firmino was a year ago, its clear something is no longer working but the challenge is trying to understand if it's a short term thing or whether he's now in decline. From my view we gambled that Firmino could regain his best form and he hasn't ever managed to do so consistently, we can't have 2 of our forwards as passengers. With each passing game it seems more inevitable that Mané needs to be moved on.
His form has literally just fallen off a cliff. That isn't decline it's just form due to lack of confidence, the whole team's recent performances, covid, weird season, lack of a rest & pre-season, 3 years of sustained pressure at the very very top ... or a combination of the lot. And it's not just him, we've seen it sustained in TAA, Firmino, Robbo and even Mo sporadically, not all players nearing a potential decline. He'll be back and firing next season.

Last edited:
Mane not so terrible
b64ca666bb22998736577e47b1c3d434.jpg

Liverpool’s Sadio Mané admits to enduring ‘worst season of my career’
Striker has scored 13 goals and only nine in the league
‘I even undertook a test to look at my body,’ he reveals
Sadio Mané has struggled for Liverpool this season, scoring only 13 times in all competitions and generally performing poorly for the champions
PA Media
Tue 11 May 2021 12.25 BST
Sadio Mané has described this season as the “worst” of his career and admits he was so concerned about his form at one stage that he underwent medical tests to check there was nothing physically wrong with him.

The Senegal striker has scored 13 goals for Liverpool this season, with only nine of those coming in the Premier League. The one he scored against Southampton at the weekend was also only his third league goal at Anfield.

Mané and Thiago sink Southampton to keep Liverpool’s top-four hopes alive
Read more
Mané scored 10 times in his first season in English football, with Southampton in 2014-15, and then against in his first season with Liverpool, in 2016-17, but on both occasions he made fewer appearances than he has this campaign, and in general he has been incredibly poor for the champions, certainly in comparison to last season when the 29-year-old scored 22 times in all competitions and was consistently outstanding for Jürgen Klopp’s side.

Advertisement

“This is the worst season of my career. I have to admit it,” Mané told the French television channel Canal+. “If you ask me what is wrong I will struggle to give you an answer. Personally I don’t know. I have always tried to be positive, whether things are going well or badly. I question myself all the time. I even underwent a test to take a look at my body. Am I eating the right foods, or has everything changed? But they checked the test results, and everything is fine.

“I need to understand that in life there are ups and downs. I will keep on working hard - and perhaps in time this situation will pass.”

In contrast, Mané’s teammate Mohamed Salah has maintained his consistency. The Egypt forward has 20 Premier League goals and is on course for his second-best goalscoring campaign, behind his record-breaking 32 in 36 matches during his first season at Liverpool – 2017-18.

Salah, who has 29 goals in all competitions, is poised to make his 200th appearance for Liverpool against Manchester United on Thursday.

Liverpool’s assistant manager, Pep Lijnders, said: “For me, bigger than the achievement of all these decisive goals so far is his everyday presence in our club: his character is special, a true example. This club has the capability to turn good players into legends and he is one more of them.”

Today's strop will do nothing to dispell the talk that he's going this summer

Still love him.
Still think he can be that same player he was the last few years.
I hope we keep him, and Salah.
Sell Bobby (gotta keep this up until he gets the winner against Palace to get us into Europe)

If he was just frustrated at himself for how shit he's playing, that's understandable and forgivable he's only human. If on the other hand he was genuinely aggrieved with Klopp for dropping him, then he's fucking delusional and should be sold to someone else who is prepared to pay him as he continues his steady decline into a mid-table player or worse.

lol

one below par season and he’s finished? He’s a top player and will bounce back

Yes, the substantive reason for him being below par is physical. He never used to get fouled so much because defenders couldn't get near him. Now look at him. His legs aren't moving as fast, because the muscles in them are not getting enough oxygen to do what his brain still thinks they can. Either he's much older than either of us know, or his lungs have been screwed by covid, or both. He could bounce back by moving infield and replacing Firmino, that could work well but Klopp's shown no intention of doing it, so all we have is a declining winger and we should come to terms with the fact it's probably the end of the road.

Yes, the substantive reason for him being below par is physical. He never used to get fouled so much because defenders couldn't get near him. Now look at him. His legs aren't moving as fast, because the muscles in them are not getting enough oxygen to do what his brain still thinks they can. Either he's much older than either of us know, or his lungs have been screwed by covid, or both. He could bounce back by moving infield and replacing Firmino, that could work well but Klopp's shown no intention of doing it, so all we have is a declining winger and we should come to terms with the fact it's probably the end of the road.

Well.... this site can die now.

Dantes has finally posted something that makes sense!!!!

The end is nigh.

I don't understand what he's doing there. It's not offensive enough to make any rational person think that he has no future at the club, but it's also not like he's just posted a picture of his mate or congratulated him. Honestly no idea what he's trying to say.

I don't understand what he's doing there. It's not offensive enough to make any rational person think that he has no future at the club, but it's also not like he's just posted a picture of his mate or congratulated him. Honestly no idea what he's trying to say.

Hes having a bit of fun to me that's what it seems....Its the grey beard, comedy hat and shirt he's wearing that's concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom