• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I wanNaby (Under the sea in an Octopus's Garden in the Shade) - Deal Confirmed

I hate that term "box to box" both Lucas and Henderson have been described as this.

I hate that term "box to box" both Lucas and Henderson have been described as this.
So was Gerrard mind you.

And that's exactly what I am always expecting of anyone who gets the 'box to box' label. Be at the very least as good as Gerrard was or I am going to be disappointed in you.

*Needless to say Lucas in particular has not lived up to my expectations as he's almost the direct opposite really, a 'should've-stayed-in-the-box' type of player if you like..

I've got nothing against Henderson to be fair. When he's fit he is a decent starter. Surely we want all our midfielders to go from box to box though

The rumours about a fee agreed at 45 mill + add ons are obviously bs, but we can all live in hope.

This is a signing I really hope we pull off.

RB Leipzig will recruit central midfielder Konrad Laimer from sister club RB Salzburg. acc to Kicker.
Might not mean anything obviously...

The players we seem to be after this season are amongst the most sought after ones though, so taking our time just gives other sides a chance to come in get them first.

I think going out & getting a big player can help get other top players too cos they can see our ambition.
Why would a player jump to sign for us before considering all offers given that he'd be aware of other interest?

Why would a player jump to sign for us before considering all offers given that he'd be aware of other interest?
Perhaps they wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure if you throw cash at agents, cash at the selling club & big wages at the player though, sometimes you could get them before the other clubs get serious.

Even if you don't then I struggle to see how it puts you at any disadvantage compared with waiting for other clubs to make the first move then trying to hijack the deal.

Fuck it, I'm going all in on this one.

@Oncy, GET THE F**KING TENTS.
*staggers out of portaloo*
Huh? What? You want a can of Smythwicks? They are in the fishing net in the river pal.
Ive also got enough cans of beans to refilm Blazing Saddles.
*throws a log on the fire*

I loves me some river cooled beers when I'm camping.

*unrolls sleeping bag before he gets to drunk to manage it later*

*collects some logs for the fire for the same reason as above*

Perhaps they wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure if you throw cash at agents, cash at the selling club & big wages at the player though, sometimes you could get them before the other clubs get serious.

Even if you don't then I struggle to see how it puts you at any disadvantage compared with waiting for other clubs to make the first move then trying to hijack the deal.

I don't think they would, which is why the criticism about not getting business done early loses merit.

Perhaps they wouldn't.

I don't think it's possible to have a strategy in place that works for every target, because they're all different, and it's a fluid market.

I do think it's fair to acknowledge that we have on occasion spent too long in negotiations and wrangling over wages and payments, to the extent that other clubs have simply taken advantage and been more decisive, but as has been pointed out, that's also often because the other party has been waiting for a better offer.

But given the intense competition and the need to show interest early and mitigate against "better offers", it must be worth showing definitive interest as early as possible and trying to close deals quicker (without being overly "clever" about payment structures) which also shows the player how much we really want them. Yeah, it may mean paying a bit more, or higher wages or whatever, but it's better than losing out altogether, for the key targets.

All seems to be quiet on this one.

Maybe we're just prioritising other transfers and he has been told to wait....

...oh fuck it, I was going to make a "Not now Kato!" type-joke and I can't even be arsed, because it's rubbish.

Which doesn't usually stop me, I know.

I can't even be arsed to delete this post.

Maybe we're just prioritising other transfers and he has been told to wait....

...oh fuck it, I was going to make a "Not now Kato!" type-joke and I can't even be arsed, because it's rubbish.

Which doesn't usually stop me, I know.

I can't even be arsed to delete this post.

Transfer season ennui.

........................ Yeah, it may mean paying a bit more, or higher wages or whatever, but it's better than losing out altogether, for the key targets.
Paying a bit more is fine, personally no issue with that, in a year or two it'll be the going rate anyway.

However higher wages are another thing altogether because they don't just affect that deal but every subsequent deal and the demands, and satisfaction with current salary and standing in the club, of the other players on our books. It's a fine line and high wire balancing act. If say Coutinho gets a big rise most people will look at that and think he deserves it, however if someone unproven comes in on a salary close to the top of our scale then that may upset the player hierarchy.

So, Leipzig are saying they aren't selling any of their top players. sigh

Yesterday...all my troubles seemed so far away...

Back
Top Bottom