• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ibe to Bournemouth for 15 mill £

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Liverpool FC accept £15m for Jordon Ibe
11:17, 7 JUL 2016 UPDATED 11:17, 7 JUL 2016
BY JAMES PEARCE
Winger given permission to talk to Bournemouth

Liverpool have accepted a £15million bid from Bournemouth for winger Jordon Ibe .
The ECHO understands that the 20-year-old has been given permission to hold talks with the South Coast outfit.

Ibe's future at Anfield has looked increasingly uncertain after a disappointing 2015/16 campaign.
Tipped to fill the void created by Raheem Sterling's move to Manchester City, Ibe struggled for form and was unable to hold down a regular starting spot following Jurgen Klopp's appointment.
The youngster must now decide whether to head for Bournemouth in search of regular first-team football.

Ibe has made 58 appearances for Liverpool since signing from Wycombe Wanderers in the summer of 2011.

15 million quid? DAMN ... I still think we should have a buy back clause for 25 million ... He may come good - the talent is there.

Haha!

Indeed, its an insane fee for him. But should we have given him more time to develop? Difficult to say no to such a fee though.
Insert a buy back clause though in case he rips the fucking league up at Bournemouth.

He's got good speed and power, but doesn't seem to have a whole lot of football intelligence. That said, we should probably put buy back clauses on most young guys we sell just in case

he has gone backwards and lost his chance of hitting the first team any time soon, great price

I know there'll be some gnashing of the teeth over this, but let's face it - this kid couldnt get near a game for a side that finished 8th last year.

We need infinitely better if we're to properly compete.

£15m for Coric vs £15m for Ibe... hmmmm, I know who's getting the better deal if Coric gets done. I liked Ibe when he first burst on the scene, the problem is he never kicked on. He's definitely premier league quality though, it could be a good move for him to get regular game time.

If you add that we could get £14m for Allen and £7m for Alberto, well, it almost would pay for a Luis Suarez.

£15mill is a good price but if he realises his potential, he could prove to be a bargain at that price. Had such high hopes for him, bitter sweet moment.

Can you imagine if we end up with our usual net spend after all of this? Fucking hell we'll have some players coming in.
I like Ibe, I think he could become a good player. But I like us getting 15mill more than I like him. Crazy.

I told you months ago that it would be crazy fantasy transfer fees this summer. Well, I got that one right.

I won't be surprised if Juventus will get more than £125m for Pogba. Draxler could go for around £60m, Higuain for around £60m and a lot more players for £30m+. Will the PL clubs spend more than £1 billion in transfer fees this summer?

I told you months ago that it would be crazy fantasy transfer fees this summer. Well, I got that one right.

I won't be surprised if Juventus will get more than £125m for Pogba. Draxler could go for around £60m, Higuain for around £60m and a lot more players for £30m+. Will the PL clubs spend more than £1 billion in transfer fees this summer?
Well you weren't alone and it wasn't exactly difficult to be prescient in this case !

As for the other figures you are guessing ... you are fucking nuts (Pogba & Drexler).

There will undoubtedly be some dissent if he makes the odd wonder run or hits in a few screamers, but i think it was clear that Kloop gave him a huge opportunity to step up and he wasn't able to take it.

Shame really - I had high hopes. I wonder if the rumours of him falling out with Klopp were true. Still 15million smackers is not to be sniffed at.

I think he's the most frustrating young player we've had in ages. He had the talent. The problem was he didn't seem to have the brain. Even with a guy like Klopp screaming at him from the touchline he still seemed to switch off at times and lose all concentration. Good price, but sad it didn't develop as it should have done for him.

Noooooooooooooo!!!

Good fee and all, but I've not lost faith in him. He'll be boss one day.

*puts a tenner on Bournemouth to win EVeRyTHINg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom