• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If there's any Justice in the World? Lemar to be our Man?

I thought it was some other cunt who was leo who did get banned?

Quite right. One has to give a mote of credit in their blundering, cack-handed enthusiasm for the chase, even if we can only view their attempts at sleuthing with the utter disdain they deserve. Let it be known that the case has been solved, and we have already unmasked him as the fiendish Leo.
Why was he originally banned? I know he was a bit of a dick at times but that's about it.

Why was he originally banned? I know he was a bit of a dick at times but that's about it.

He was a dick most of the time, but the straw that broke the camels back was him telling another poster their opinion didn't matter cos they weren't from Liverpool, & not in a joking manner either.

He was a dick most of the time, but the straw that broke the camels back was him telling another poster their opinion didn't matter cos they weren't from Liverpool, & not in a joking manner either.
Was Leo from Liverpool? I thought he was Irish...

Probably the best left-footed cross in the game. Do we go back in for him next summer?

God I wish all compilation videos were like that, no music, no multiple replays, just show the play move on the next one, lovely. Decent player too.

"Yes, we bid €100m for Lemar but the player wanted to stay in Monaco," Wenger said in an interview with Telefoot.

"Yes, we'll come back in for him."

God I wish all compilation videos were like that, no music, no multiple replays, just show the play move on the next one, lovely. Decent player too.

Some great headers and finishes from crosses in that compilation. Most of our numpties are shit in the air and don't even attack the ball at corners.

Am I wrong to think that makes no sense?

I guess the assumption is that if they had CL football he might be more receptive to the offer next summer. I don't think they will finish top4 anyway so it's probably not relevant.

That's one of the things we need to bear in mind for next summer. The likes of Lemar and VVD may not be so keen to join if we are playing in the Europa League.

Thomas Lemar’s summer move to Liverpool was blocked by Monaco, their vice president Vadim Vasilyev has revealed.
The Reds lodged two bids for the talented attacker and had medical staff on standby waiting to travel to Paris on deadline day in case the Ligue 1 club agreed a fee.

But despite suggestions Monaco were open to selling, with Arsenal believed to have had their £92million offer accepted, Vasilyev has claimed it was his club who scuppered a deal to the Emirates – as well as Anfield.

Liverpool were willing to go as high as £75million for the 21-year-old, having seen Monaco reject around £65million days before, but the French champions stood firm.

Lemar is said to be keen on a move to Merseyside, rejecting the Gunners’ advances, but the Monaco chief claims the player would have moved to either club - despite Arsene Wenger's claims the player rejected the North London side.

“It was not easy,” Vasilyev said. “Thomas wanted to go to Arsenal and to Liverpool, but we had discussions and we took a communal decision so that he could stay here.

“He is a very important player for us. We could not have sold him, it would have affected the entire team and the individuals.”

He could still be our man

[article]
Liverpool to make January offer for Thomas Lemar with Monaco forward favouring Reds move over Arsenal

Liverpool will go in for Monaco's £90m-rated Thomas Lemar in January, as they attempt to bolster their chances of securing a top-four spot, and beat Arsenal to the French international's signature
Jürgen Klopp has a longstanding interest in the 22-year-old forward, and the belief at Anfield is that his first choice is Liverpool, even though Arsenal came close to signing him in August.
Arsene Wenger was looking to sign an attacker as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez, but the deal fell down, partly due to Lemar's desire to play Champions League football.

Liverpool could be in a broadly similar situation as they anticipate Barcelona coming back for Philippe Coutinho, although there is more to their interest in Lemar than that.
While the club do not want to be in a situation where any sale leaves them short of options, Lemar is targeted as someone to give Klopp even more attacking variety and create what may well be one of the fastest attacking line-ups in the world.

Barcelona still want Coutinho but since they also plan to sign Griezmann through his £100m release clause, they have become reticent about the type of fee that purchasing the Brazilian would require, with Liverpool so far insisting that even an offer of £120m would not convince them to sell.

[/article]

Back
Top Bottom