• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

IF we finished 2nd and KO semi final CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

superchimp

Active
if, as the title suggests we were to finish 2nd in the league and get knocked out by Barca how would you rate our season and prospects for next season?

Personally I think Klopp has us back right at the very top - no manger would have got us to this stage neck to neck with city on 88 points, it’s actually a scarily good campaign with just one loss in the league.

Onwards and upwards regardless of what happens this season - it’s a great time to be in love with this team!

Actually changed my mind..

This a is little more positive...

Though enjoy the run in.. We don't look like getting beat...

We will win a Trophy this season regardless..

Personally I think Klopp has us back right at the very top - no manger would have got us to this stage neck to neck with city on 88 points, it’s actually a scarily good campaign with just one loss in the league.

Agreed.

Onwards and upwards regardless of what happens this season - it’s a great time to be in love with this team!

Agreed.

if, as the title suggests we were to finish 2nd in the league and get knocked out by Barca how would you rate our season and prospects for next season?

Don't waste time on hypotheticals. If you've nothing else to do, try to scout out some sloth shit. Works wonders, apparently.

You need to make less modding decisions.
This place is full of manic depressives... So much negativity at times.. its like we are on our best run in the league and CL since 1984..

Bloody well enjoy it!!!!

Though tbf.. this thread is more glass half full than half empty

Eh? Changed your mind about what? Am I missing a post here?

See @Gary25 previous thread.. I nearly did the same to this thread but held back... (No where near as bad)

This place has been near suicidal between the city result and our game..
Erm, OK. TBH I'm with Ross on this one, I get locking a thread if it's a duplicate, but doing so just cos you think it's too negative isn't really on mate.

If it is too negative then the forum/posters will soon highlight that fact in typical irascible fashion, this place self moderates 99% of the time. Just let the eco system do its job is what I'd say.

Erm, OK. TBH I'm with Ross on this one, I get locking a thread if it's a duplicate, but doing so just cos you think it's too negative isn't really on mate.

If it is too negative then the forum/posters will soon highlight that fact in typical irascible fashion, this place self moderates 99% of the time. Just let the eco system do its job is what I'd say.
If you where on last night.. you would have done the same.. Trust me..

It was a duplication of the same old drivel.

On the original topic, this quote from Klopp in the presser sums up what he thinks, & I find it hard to argue with:

Good quote that..

Though he has to manage expectation.. He has to gear this up squad to motivate them as well as setting up both the players and fans for any potential fall..

Only lock threads which are off topic or inflammatory, replies moderate thread quality.

I'd be disappointed because the players, manager and the fans deserve a trophy. Everyone has done there part.

Man City are just a freak anomaly who we have no right to be competing with directly, and yet we are. We should have no time anyone telling us this is 'another Liverpool/Klopp failure'. We back among the best, punching above our weight at times and delivering happiness to the fans. Keep doing as we're doing and the trophies will come.

This season has been are giant step forward.

We’re fucking amazing. Look how consistent we are. Add 3 or 4 quality players we can do even better. Better than us being double winners.

We’re fucking amazing. Look how consistent we are. Add 3 or 4 quality players we can do even better. Better than us being double winners.

Agreed we are amazing now, but I don't think we need another 3/4 - probably another 2.

On the issue we are discussing regarding what will happen if we essentially win nothing this season, well I think we will have doubts in our squad going into next season. The mindset to build yourself up to perform as well as we have this season would be probably too much for some players. Also you have to consider their needs to win some silverware - some of them may get offers from the serial easy win silverware teams in Europe. If that happens i reckon their heads can be turned., if that happens then we are looking at a minor rebuild job next season, and that could pose problems.

In short these players we have now after this season NEED to win one of the two big prizes THIS season. The effort and consistency is probably for some of them the most they will ever achieve in their playing careers. So with that in mind - for their own piece of mind - they need to win something.

I know Klopp talked about enjoying the ride, and not focusing on just the holy grail - he also said at one stage last season that we were not the Harlem Globetrotters. On that basis we need to win something, and Klopp needs to win a trophy for his own good. I just cannot see us doing this well next season if we don win nothing this season.

Shut up and fuck off. Delete the topic .Six games from the best season in decades.

Shut up and fuck off

Best season in decades - yes you are right, but as @RedNinja said - you should have been here after City won yesterday - fucking hell - - the one point gap between us and City - it's like some people think there is a 100 point gap or something. This thread needs to stay as a kind of therapy for some.

I can't help feeling proud that we will have more than 90 points even if we don't win anything. I really expect MU to roll over to City, their fans would rather lose to City, not finish in the top 4 then see us win number 19.

Their fans would but there are only about 3 players in the squad who like Man United as a club, the rest just there on the pay cheque and categorically wouldn't stick around for Europa League under a rookie manager. I also read somewhere that allegedly all salaries go down 25% if they don't make CL?!

In short - who cares about the fans on twitter. The players want to win, the manager needs a win and the fans in the stadium will 100% cheer the team on big time.

They're going to be fired up after that shitshow at Goodison. I'm convinced they'll at least take a point.

It was bad enough posters are getting banned, we now have censorship by the mods of people don't think in the right way. If said mod wanted positivity, he is welcome to post as he likes and does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom