• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t you just love these mid season camps in Dubai ?

Players are getting injured quicker than those playing in the WC.

At what point does somebody from our data analysis team look at the number of injuries our players acquire in training and realise it's way outside the statistical averages. The fact that the players who went to the world cup and played competitive football for the last 3 weeks are holding up better than the lads who've done 5 days training in Dubai is a fair indicator that our training plans are wrecking our players.

At what point does somebody from our data analysis team look at the number of injuries our players acquire in training and realise it's way outside the statistical averages. The fact that the players who went to the world cup and played competitive football for the last 3 weeks are holding up better than the lads who've done 5 days training in Dubai is a fair indicator that our training plans are wrecking our players.

Or that we buy fragile players.

Gordon needs to go out on loan, not sure the kid has got what it takes.
CJ is another Naby and should be sold to recoupe funds get, the other Moroccan, Azzadeen.
Jota too looks like he is made of the brittle stuff, I'd sell him if a £60-70m offer came in for him.

Yes lets sell Jota as well as any other player that picks up 1 or 2 injuries in their time here.

Goodness gracious.

Yes lets sell Jota as well as any other player that picks up 1 or 2 injuries in their time here.

Goodness gracious.
You probably said the same thing when we had Andy Carroll. You wanna give Naby another contract extension?
Yes, I'd sell Jota in heartbeat if an offer cam in around £70m, he is way too unreliable.

You probably said the same thing when we had Andy Carroll. You wanna give Naby another contract extension?
Yes, I'd sell Jota in heartbeat if an offer cam in around £70m, he is way too unreliable.
Andy Carroll was a terrible footballer, how does that compare?

Naby's been consistently injured, never wouldv'e wanted him sold after the first sight of injury.

But do carry on.

Goodness gracious.

I'm a big fan of Jota but let's be real it's more than 1 or 2 injuries. According to transfermarkt he's missed 43 games and counting with injury since joining us. So in 2.5 seasons he's missed an entire seasons worth of football. I'd say he starts a similar number of games as Thiago, the difference being Thiago is nearly 32 and winding down his career.

If a serious offer were made for Jota we'd be mad not to consider it.

I'm a big fan of Jota but let's be real it's more than 1 or 2 injuries. According to transfermarkt he's missed 43 games and counting with injury since joining us. So in 2.5 seasons he's missed an entire seasons worth of football. I'd say he starts a similar number of games as Thiago, the difference being Thiago is nearly 32 and winding down his career.

43 games seems very extortionate, not sure how accurate that is.

How many of that has been this season alone from the 2 injuries he's had?

Don't we have more sick note cunts than not?

Gomez Matip Virgil Hendo Fab Thiago Naby Ox etc.
Yea. And I would’ve shipped them all out. Two seasons to prove their fitness record. If it’s not up to scratch then off you go.

I don’t get why Virgil is on your list. He had one serious injury.

But with Jota, we haven't managed his playing time. He is not as robust as Mane or Salah but we used him like he is Mane or Salah due to the lack of options. I remember he was on a hot streak in his first season here. Then Klopp played him in a meaningless CL game when we already qualified. He got injured and missed months.

This season he came back from Portugal with a minor injury and missed pre season. Either as soon as he returned or within a week of his return we played him in an intense game against City. The injury happened in stoppage time. He shouldn't have played that long and someone coming from injury should have been taken off in the 70th and 80th minute.

Now Jota's expected return time frame is end of January or early February. I am expecting Jota to play every minute of every competition between early February and the time Diaz returns and most probably have a breakdown in that time frame. Not every player is Gini and can handle that workload.

Jota is a player whose minutes need managing and we can do it if we have options upfront as he is not as integral as Salah. If our squad cannot handle the workload, our coaching staff needs to take harsh decisions on which competitions to prioritize. We have won the league and FA cup. So let us not play our first teamers in that. Don't play our first teamers once we qualify for the later stages of CL. FSG are willing to sacrifice entire seasons so that the money we spend is within the bounds they set. Why cant we sacrifice competitions then?

Yea. And I would’ve shipped them all out. Two seasons to prove their fitness record. If it’s not up to scratch then off you go.

I don’t get why Virgil is on your list. He had one serious injury.
Well what's the difference between having one serious injury keeping someone out for a season and having 3-4 niggling injuries that keeps someone out for a season?

There was mitigating circumstances for van Dijk. What excuses are there for the others who are repeatedly out?

Would you have shipped out the likes of Gerrard as well then, he had about 5-6 injuries before he became our captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom