• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the whole medical department which includes physios too. There’s no head of dept at the mo and I’m sure it does affect some things one way or another.

There is a head of the department - the club doctor isn’t it.

Dr Andreas Schlumberger is head of medicine and fitness - he hasn’t left.

RG’s club doctor assessed injuries, makes referrals for treatment, carries out medicals in new players and does the medical insurance stuff (I’m simplifying).

His work his currently being shared by The Academy team doctor and another medical professional that’s been helping out with these things for several years.

It’s not as big an issue as you think.

Dr Strange just did a diagnosis. There’s not a chance that Keita will ever come good for us, even in all multiverses. Sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean sell? Even if he had 4 years on his contract left we couldn't sell him. Now a glue factory might want him, we might get 3p to kilo. Seriously, we can't even release him in Jan because he is injured he will want physio and medical and he want get any of that if he is released.
Much of this is our making. Mane was telling the press 24/18 months before his contract ending the club hadn't approached him for a renewal. Why wait till the last fucking 12m? That's how £100m walked out the door

That’s not entirely true.

Although I’m not sure Doctor Who travelling back in time with a team of medical professionals to preemptively fix Naby is the best use of his/her/its time.

Dr Hannibal Lector could certainly fix it so that Naby never again has an injury whilst simultaneously outdoing the quality of meat at one of Alisson’s bbq’s.

Dr Steven Strange could make us all forget Naby ever existed.
Doctor Dolittle has recently been spotted talking to a lame giraffe that could play a role

RG’s club doctor assessed injuries, makes referrals for treatment, carries out medicals in new players and does the medical insurance stuff (I’m simplifying).

His work his currently being shared by The Academy team doctor and another medical professional that’s been helping out with these things for several years.

Haha. I like how you’re so sure.

Are you The Mole ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon Klopp's binned Keita off ages ago, and they're stringing along the "injured" story until the transfer window.

I rather think it is— Klopp was royally passed off with the expected dates of return for some of the injured.

I rather think it is— Klopp was royally passed off with the expected dates of return for some of the injured.

That has nothing to do with the club Doctor.

What do people think the club Doctor actually does?

That’s not entirely true.

Although I’m not sure Doctor Who travelling back in time with a team of medical professionals to preemptively fix Naby is the best use of his/her/its time.

Dr Hannibal Lector could certainly fix it so that Naby never again has an injury whilst simultaneously outdoing the quality of meat at one of Alisson’s bbq’s.

Dr Steven Strange could make us all forget Naby ever existed.

6zq6vm.jpg

What do you mean sell? Even if he had 4 years on his contract left we couldn't sell him. Now a glue factory might want him, we might get 3p to kilo. Seriously, we can't even release him in Jan because he is injured he will want physio and medical and he want get any of that if he is released.
Much of this is our making. Mane was telling the press 24/18 months before his contract ending the club hadn't approached him for a renewal. Why wait till the last fucking 12m? That's how £100m walked out the door
This upset more about Mane leaving that we didn't value him enough to renegotiate the contract earlier.

So he’s the one messing up, is he? The sheer volume and frequency of injuries are far too high.

I don't think our injuries are due to one person or the lack of a club doctor - though the situation is not ideal.

Klopp's training methods and tactics are intense. We don't replenish our squad at the frequency it needs.

Midfield is the most intense position in Klopp's midfield. We ended up buying Ox and Thiago who were not the most robust in their career for this position. Thiago is fine as when he is not dead, he more than justifies his position. But Ox? Keita is another case. He did not have this level of injuries in Germany. But we had plenty of time to replace him, and we didn't. As soon as he signed, we went on a US tour, and he injured his neck sitting on a six-hour flight in the luxury class. That should have been the first warning.

Our players are getting old and therefore more susceptible to injuries. @King Binny has been positing stats and visualizations for the last three years as to how our squad age profile is not ideal. For various reasons, we haven't.

Lots of similar and related reasons.

As soon as he signed, we went on a US tour, and he injured his neck sitting on a six-hour flight in the luxury class. That should have been the first warning

Is that true? Legendary if so.

Who was our player during Benitez/Kenny time who got injured in the shower or playing with his kid?

Who was our player during Benitez/Kenny time who got injured in the shower or playing with his kid?

I remember thinking "how could you get injured playing with a little kid" when that was making the rounds.

I was blessedly ignorant. Just yesterday my five year old jumped off the back of the couch, held on to his ankles, and did a double knee drop, directly on my stomach. I had to show him the ong bak video.

NABY KEITA will miss training for the next couple of days after suffering with a neck injury.

The midfielder sat out of Liverpool’s midweek win over Manchester City and is a doubt for Saturday’s showdown with United.

A statement from Liverpool read: “Naby Keita is set to sit out training for the next couple of days as a precautionary measure as he recovers from a sore neck.
“Keita will be afforded time to recover by not taking part in the immediate sessions, although he has not been ruled out of the fixture with Manchester United in Michigan at this stage.”

Before the clash against Pep Guardiola’s side, Klopp revealed that the 23-year-old’s injury slept awkwardly on the plane.

The Anfield boss said: “He has a stiff neck. It was a comfortable plane when we flew, as you can imagine.

“But it wasn’t comfortable enough [for him] as he has a stiff neck and also slept a little bit like this [awkwardly]. “Now he cannot move it properly. It’s not too cool, but it’s pretty much all.”

Keita, who signed for the Reds from RB Leipzig for £52.75m, is one of four new faces to join Liverpool this summer.

https://talksport.com/football/4043...keita-training-neck-injury-manchester-united/

But it wasn’t comfortable enough [for him] as he has a stiff neck and also slept a little bit like this [awkwardly]. “Now he cannot move it properly. It’s not too cool, but it’s pretty much all.”

Fuck me, Jurgen has patience of a saint. Sometimes I wish he didn’t…

Lena Aschenbrenner - LFC Prevention and Performance Physiotherapist.

Naby, Ox & Arthur seem to be on a mission to destroy her career.

Either that or when the job title was translated to German for her, someone translated it as “Prevent from Performing Physio”.

I was just having a laugh with myself thinking about this earlier - What would happen if Naby lad was T'Challa and he has to lead Wakanda against Thanos' invasion and he turns up on the day only to tell everyone "Sorry brave people of Wakanda, i'm not really up for it today cos i've got a sore neck...."

Thanos would probably postpone the invasion and be like "why bother?" and go home just to have a proper laugh himself.

Last edited:

We had a reserve keeper who injured himself putting up an ironing board.

I could make a snide comment about "manly" activities, but I do the ironing in our house ...

Edit : It was Michael Stensgaard

I vaguely remember both. Or maybe it was shaving instead of shower? One of them was probably Fabio Aurelio

I vaguely remember both. Or maybe it was shaving instead of shower? One of them was probably Fabio Aurelio

If it was Jay Spearing you could understand it - given his toddler was probably bigger than him.

NABY KEITA will miss training for the next couple of days after suffering with a neck injury.

The midfielder sat out of Liverpool’s midweek win over Manchester City and is a doubt for Saturday’s showdown with United.

A statement from Liverpool read: “Naby Keita is set to sit out training for the next couple of days as a precautionary measure as he recovers from a sore neck.
“Keita will be afforded time to recover by not taking part in the immediate sessions, although he has not been ruled out of the fixture with Manchester United in Michigan at this stage.”

Before the clash against Pep Guardiola’s side, Klopp revealed that the 23-year-old’s injury slept awkwardly on the plane.

The Anfield boss said: “He has a stiff neck. It was a comfortable plane when we flew, as you can imagine.

“But it wasn’t comfortable enough [for him] as he has a stiff neck and also slept a little bit like this [awkwardly]. “Now he cannot move it properly. It’s not too cool, but it’s pretty much all.”

Keita, who signed for the Reds from RB Leipzig for £52.75m, is one of four new faces to join Liverpool this summer.

https://talksport.com/football/4043...keita-training-neck-injury-manchester-united/

Honestly. Did we lose the fucking receipts for Naby? Would have taken him back to the store and exchanged him for a new one after that. Clearly a lemon.

Pep :

James Milner will come back into contention for the second of those fixtures following a concussion, while Naby Keita’s availability for the weekend will be assessed.
Joel Matip is unlikely to return in time to face Saints, though Lijnders was able to report a positive upcoming step in Luis Diaz’s recovery from the knee issue he sustained last month.
Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, the assistant manager said: “Naby will be difficult, he’s still training individually. Let’s see for Southampton.
“Millie will definitely be ready for Southampton but this game [against Derby] comes too early for tomorrow.
“Then we have of course Joel, who is getting closer to team training but will not make Southampton probably.
“The longer injuries, Luis Diaz is running for the first time on Thursday. That’s good news because we all know how important he was last year and in the second half of the season.
“And Jota will take longer.”

Pep :

James Milner will come back into contention for the second of those fixtures following a concussion, while Naby Keita’s availability for the weekend will be assessed.
Joel Matip is unlikely to return in time to face Saints, though Lijnders was able to report a positive upcoming step in Luis Diaz’s recovery from the knee issue he sustained last month.
Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, the assistant manager said: “Naby will be difficult, he’s still training individually. Let’s see for Southampton.
“Millie will definitely be ready for Southampton but this game [against Derby] comes too early for tomorrow.
“Then we have of course Joel, who is getting closer to team training but will not make Southampton probably.
“The longer injuries, Luis Diaz is running for the first time on Thursday. That’s good news because we all know how important he was last year and in the second half of the season.
“And Jota will take longer.”
Just our fucking luck, he comes back into the squad before the WC and probably plays couple of blinders, gets a new contract and then fucking gets injured for the whole season.

Ibrahima Konate is missing for Liverpool’s final game before the World Cup, with another fitness issue impacting the lineup against Southamptontoday.
Jurgen Klopp, who will manage his side from the stands after receiving a one-match touchline ban, has made 10 changes from the side that beat Derby in midweek.

The only player to keep his place is Joe Gomez, who starts in the absence of both Konate and Joel Matip, with Nat Phillips the only reserve centre-back.
Konate misses his 14th game of the season – the majority of which have been through injury – and according to Merseyside journalists including the Press Association‘s Carl Markham, it is due to a minor knock.
It is the third setback for the 23-year-old already this campaign, though the suggestion is that his place in the France squad for the World Cup is not in jeopardy.
In fact, the decision may have been made so as not to risk any longer-term issues, with Konate still having travelled to Anfield on Saturday.
He will take a place behind the substitutes’ bench, watching his team-mates in their final game before a five-and-a-half-week break
Also absent is Jordan Henderson, who has been granted personal leave, though there is no explanation forthcoming for Curtis Jones or Calvin Ramsay.
Jones was not part of the rotated squad for the Carabao Cup third-round tie on Wednesday, having been expected to start, and has suffered a number of injury problems this season.
Ramsay played the full 90 minutes on a busy night against Derby, and may simply have been omitted as Liverpool manage his fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom