• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool will try everything to quickly get Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak up to speed tactically, but starts for the pair against Brighton & Hove Albion are unlikely.

The defensive duo joined the Reds on transfer deadline day to bolster Jürgen Klopp's options in the heart of the backline.
Speaking on Tuesday, Klopp told reporters: "We play obviously different to Preston and obviously different to Schalke, that's clear.
"They will need time but we don't have a lot of time. So we will use the time we have in our hands and try our best.
"So if they would have to start tomorrow night together, I think that would be not too cool. But we will give them a few more days."

It was confirmed on Monday that centre-back Joel Matip is set to miss the rest of the season due to an ankle ligament injury. Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are long-term absentees in the position.
Klopp reported no other movement on the team's injury front ahead of the meeting with the Seagulls, with Sadio Mane, Fabinho, Naby Keita and Diogo Jota those recently sidelined.

And if you add all those numbers up you get the number of missed chances by Firmino this season.

Spooky.

Trent should also be on the list.

And Firmino would still be behind Salah on your list of chances missed.

rj45bjyxonf61.jpg

[article]
Menu
ESPN

Liverpool's Jota ranked world No.1 on PlayStation's FIFA with 30-0 record
play
Why it doesn't matter where Leipzig plays Liverpool (0:49)
11:31 AM CT
  • ESPN

Liverpool forward Diogo Jota is ranked world No. 1 on PlayStation's FIFA Ultimate Team Champions leaderboard after finishing the weekend at 30-0.

The 24-year-old joined Liverpool from Wolverhampton Wanderers in the summer and impressed with nine goals for his new club -- including a run of six goals in four matches in October and November -- before he picked up an injury in December.

- Stream LIVE games and replays on ESPN+ (U.S. only)

Jota has not played since a 1-1 draw against FC Midtjylland in the Champions League on Dec. 9 and, since then, Liverpool won just four times in 13 games across all competitions.

But Jota has clearly used his time at home wisely as he improved his FIFA skills.

Jota has has always been keen gamer and shared his recent achievement on his personal Esports Twitter page.

"Since my dad gave me my first PlayStation as a kid, it's been like another passion of mine. I always played football on it," Jota told The Athletic in December.

In April 2020, while football was in the middle of a stoppage due to the coronavirus outbreak, Jota won a Premier League FIFA tournament, where each team selected one player to represent them.

Jota, then at Wolves, beat future teammate Trent Alexander-Arnold in the final.

[/article]

Jota has at least been productive with his time off.

Fingers crossed that Jota stays injured and can concentrate on the FIFA. Cunt is currently ranked 1st in the world or something.

Not looking forward to Harvey Barnes running at Trent, or Vardy running at whatever makeshift CB partnership we throw together for this one. What a mess.

I maintain it's still time to get Henderson back into midfield. Play Kabac and Phillips if we have to. Henderson is too big a loss in the middle.

Some mo'fo has cursed us,
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Reason{/td}
{td}Further Detail{/td}
{td}Potential Return{/td}
{td}Condition{/td}
{td}Status{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diogo Jota{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 03: "Diogo is - I don't know exactly - a coupe of weeks [away], two, three, four. I'm not sure."{/td}
{td}28/02/2021{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Naby Keita{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Jan 07: "He's not ready, it's not a big injury, they just need to let it settle and want to get him 100 per cent fit."{/td}
{td}20/02/2021{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}25%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joel Matip{/td}
{td}Ankle/Foot Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 01: "Unfortunately, we found out now that Joel will be out for the rest of the season."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joe Gomez{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Nov 12: "No timescale is being placed upon his return, though the issue is likely to rule him out for a significant part of the remainder of 2020-21."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Fabio Tavares{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Feb 12: "Fab will not be available. He suffered again a little muscle issue, so will be out for this game."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Divock Origi{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Hamstring Strain{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Caoimhin Kelleher{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Knock{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ben Davies{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Feb 13: "Ben picked up a knock as well, it's unbelievable..."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}James Milner{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 13: "Hamstring. Hopefully it is only a little bit but we did not want to take the risk."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Virgil van Dijk{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 02: "Nobody really told me there's a chance for Virgil to play in this season again. I don't want to say that's absolutely impossible but it's not likely."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Hard to keep up.

Just waiting for the next 1 round the corner, probably Robbo or Mane's turn by now.

Some Twitter rumours that Hendo is having a scan today to determine if he needs an operation. If he does, seasons over.

Maybe Hal has heard something?

The best case scenario is Henderson is out for 5-6 weeks for Henderson. The worst case is his season is over.

His season will be over.

Some Twitter rumours that Hendo is having a scan today to determine if he needs an operation. If he does, seasons over.

Maybe Hal has heard something?

He's dead.
Supposedly taken by Naby as part of the deal with the devil to allow Hendo to lift #20 and #8 next year (in hell mind you, so probably Manchester will host CL final?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom