• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
With the rise of "new" names like Mykhaylo Mudryk and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, I though it's interesting to keep an eye on upcoming talents.

One that caught my eye today is Dango Ouattara (plays on the left wing). Got a goal and assist for Lorient at home vs. Lyon. Did a quick check and realised this is the 3rd game in a row he has assisted/scored in.

That's 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 league starts. He had 25 league appearances last season but only started 7 games (1 goal 2 assists).

Below was an assist during the AFCON earlier this year.

Last edited:
Benfica signed him from River Plate for €10m plus €8m add-ons and he now has a €120m release clause. :whistle:

With the rise of "new" names like Mykhaylo Mudryk and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, I though it's interesting to keep an eye on upcoming talents.

One that caught my eye today is Dango Ouattara (plays on the left wing). Got a goal and assist for Lorient at home vs. Lyon. Did a quick check and realised this is the 3rd game in a row he has assisted/scored in.

That's 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 league starts. He had 25 league appearances last season but only started 7 games (1 goal 2 assists).

Get Ouattara here!

Kamaldeen Sulemana with 2 assists tonight (but to be honest I think the credit goes to the 2 scorers - what finishing skills!)

Really liked the look of Sutalo against Chelsea, won everything.

Others to watch out for, Lukeba at Lyon. Kossounou at Leverkusen & Soppy at Atalanta.

20 yr old left back from Nantes impressing yesterday against Olympiacos

This was him scoring against PSG earlier this year.

Any proper right backs around?

One that caught my eyes is Malo Gusto from Lyon. 2 other young players from Lyon worth keeping tabs on are Castello Lukeba (CB) and Johann Lepenant (MC).

Untitled.jpg

€20m plus add ons going to look like a bargain

Given the fact that several French league clubs were in trouble financially and there is a lot of interesting young talent coming out of that league, I am surprised we didn't target anyone other than Tchouameni from there. Bruno Guimares (sp), Paqueta, Tyl - all could have done an excellent job for us and would have cost one Nunez combined.

Even if they all did not turn out to be world-class, they would have provided good squad cover over Keita, Ox etc.

Given the fact that several French league clubs were in trouble financially and there is a lot of interesting young talent coming out of that league, I am surprised we didn't target anyone other than Tchouameni from there. Bruno Guimares (sp), Paqueta, Tyl - all could have done an excellent job for us and would have cost one Nunez combined.

Even if they all did not turn out to be world-class, they would have provided good squad cover over Keita, Ox etc.

Kinda reminds me of Klopp's mentioning about "taking risk" in the transfer market. Toulouse, who are owned by RedBird Capital, are in Ligue 1 this season, so hopefully, we will be keeping our eyes wide in the French market. I was also hoping the arrival of Pitaluga and Taffarel would signal a more active approach in the South American market.

Kinda reminds me of Klopp's mentioning about "taking risk" in the transfer market. Toulouse, who are owned by RedBird Capital, are in Ligue 1 this season, so hopefully, we will be keeping our eyes wide in the French market. I was also hoping the arrival of Pitaluga and Taffarel would signal a more active approach in the South American market.
We are RedBird's minority interest. They just bought AC Milan.
The model of having smaller feeder clubs who take risks on smaller transfers, and if there is a gem he gets transferred to the bigger brand.
I don't think FSG are thinking of it that way.

Another goal and assist today. :eek:

Untitled.jpg

We are not interested in any of them, Jude will save us when he joins. He is the only one!!!

Indeed Gravenberch left Ajax for Bayern in the summer, a young CM with bags of potential. He cost £15m. A 6'2 CM who walked into the Munich midfield at 19 years old, but he wouldn't be right for us.
To be fair, I think that was all done way before the transfer window even opened

Back
Top Bottom