• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

They'd be a place we could develop players too - not just buy 'em ... send 'em the Doaks etc to develop for 2-3 years ... We need such a club in Belgium and/or Portugal

Yeah. This is part of strategic planning, which seems quite unclear at our club (playing resources wise). When Owen Beck made the loan move to Famalicao, I thought that could be the start of something but his failed loan move suggested otherwise.

I think so too but thought it's quite "nice" to see how these players who are raved about end up doing well (helps in games like soccermanager and FM too :p).

For sure... definitely don't take it as a stop posting about them.

(Though it is a bit depressing to see them all go elsewhere)

How they fuck do they have a 'sister club' and we don't? It's things we've been harping on about for years ...

Union Saint-Gilloise: The Belgian club two Englishmen took to the Champions League

How Brighton owner Bloom helped revive one of Belgium's most illustrious clubs

Brighton's owner bought them in 2018 - they finished top of the top flight table (2022) after winning promotion the previous season.

[article]
In 2016, Tony Bloom and Alex Muzio began looking for a European football club to buy.

At that point, Union Saint-Gilloise hadn’t been in the Belgian top flight for over 40 years and had a smaller budget than many amateur sides. Their fans weren’t thinking realistically about promotion. This was a club trying to bob along in the second tier without risking a return to the third tier. They were surviving, not thriving.

Muzio and Bloom, who made their fortunes crunching data, used a database to narrow down their options. They filtered out leagues that don’t allow foreign investment, like Germany and Norway, then narrowed it down to leagues in which they believed they could reasonably aspire to win the top flight within a decade or so.

The next stage was looking more closely at clubs — do they have a history of crowd trouble? Do they have any issues that could turn the fanbase against new ownership?
[/article]

[article]Union weren’t just a small club with potential, they were a sleeping giant. With 11 league titles, they are third in the all-time list of Belgian championships behind cross-town rivals Anderlecht and the megaclub of modern Belgian football, Club Bruges.[/article]

Last edited:
FhEUE_-XoAUZCnw

Orkun Kökcü he reminds me of Ward Prowse who is great at set pieces. He is according to transfermkt the most valued player at Feynord

I haven't seen much of him but he's a really good player. Brighton probably got first dibs because of Potter's connections to Sweden. They probably scouted him for a while even after Potter left.
Good going forward, good technique, decent shoting. Played well when his team was underachieving. So good character.
However, he needs to get bigger, stronger and improve his decision making. The Prem is a whole lot faster than the Swedish League. Not seeing an overnight success, but with the right nurtering, he can become a really good player.

The number of (super young) talents coming out of Brazil is amazing.

[article]Paris Saint-Germain have made a double official offer to Palmeiras for a total of €93 million package, offering €58 million for Endrick, €35m for the 2007-born winger, Estevao.[/article]

Last edited:
Another young English talent coming through at Dortmund - Jamie Bynoe-Gittens. His goal vs Augsburg yesterday:

Goal @ 0:30

Last edited:
I know the keeper only saw it late because it came through a crowd of players but on the first watch that goal makes him look proper shit.

Reaction speed of an OAP.

One that caught my eyes is Malo Gusto from Lyon. 2 other young players from Lyon worth keeping tabs on are Castello Lukeba (CB) and Johann Lepenant (MC).
gusto.jpg

So far, from the names mentioned in this thread, Chelsea had tried to sign Fernandez and bought Mudryk. Seems like Gusto's next. Maybe we should target some of their academy/reserve team players.

We are putting all our eggs in the Jude ticket. Look at our recruitment policy when it comes to U19s.Where as Chelsea are paying any thing from £10-30m we are paying a few hundred K. Chelsea are going far and wide where the furthest we seem to be looking is Cork, Ireland.
The club has a real issue with red tape. Appaz the club was really interested in Moises but turned him down due to the number of agents and the complexity of a deal which Brighton have happily concluded and got the player.
We pay agents exorbitant fees to get players.
3 Champion League finals and we still act like the old Arsenal.

Last edited:
We’re linked with forward Jonas Wind (Wolfsburg)

His form after coming back from injury has been insanely good.

Biggest quality; Intelligence with and without the ball. Watched a game of his last week and every single touch was clever/sharp/brillant. Would give us the link we’ve missed since Firmino was at the top of his game. £20M would be a steal.

Højlund (Atalanta) and Lindstrøm (Frankfurt) are both linked with Barca and Real and they both look very special. Lindstrøm btw grew up a few streets away from our home and is a top lad on and off the field.

Lindstrøm is a lightning fast goal-seeking Winger with great skill. Højlund is a beast of a striker in the Haaland mould.

Now you know.

Biggest quality; Intelligence with and without the ball. Watched a game of his last week and every single touch was clever/sharp/brillant. Would give us the link we’ve missed since Firmino was at the top of his game. £20M would be a steal.

Højlund (Atalanta) and Lindstrøm (Frankfurt) are both linked with Barca and Real and they both look very special. Lindstrøm btw grew up a few streets away from our home and is a top lad on and off the field.

Lindstrøm is a lightning fast goal-seeking Winger with great skill. Højlund is a beast of a striker in the Haaland mould.

Now you know.

Wind is an exciting name. He sounds fast. Good in the air too?

Now you know.

Is this you, btw?:D

Have we signed any of the interesting young boys you've suggested here?
This thread has zero success rate.

Have we signed any of the interesting young boys you've suggested here?
This thread has zero success rate.

I didn't start this thread thinking we would sign any of the players :oops: The posts are not suggestions but rather sharing. I did it mainly for monitoring purposes as a football fan. Somehow, it was especially nice seeing the mentioned players moving to bigger clubs after being lauded for their talents/prospects.

Untitled.jpg

So far, from the names mentioned in this thread, Chelsea had tried to sign Fernandez and bought Mudryk. Seems like Gusto's next. Maybe we should target some of their academy/reserve team players.

Will be loaned back to Lyon till end of season. 2 quality RBs they'll have (if James remains fit). Gusto can cover CB too.

I didn't start this thread thinking we would sign any of the players :oops: The posts are not suggestions but rather sharing. I did it mainly for monitoring purposes as a football fan. Somehow, it was especially nice seeing the mentioned players moving to bigger clubs after being lauded for their talents/prospects.

View attachment 2505

@Binny , I'm just having a laugh, not pointing my finger at you specifically either.

Back
Top Bottom