• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Hodgeson actually good or is everyone else shite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
If the league was run by a calendar year Palace would be third!

That’s nuts and impressive in equal measure.

He is better than Pardew, Bruce level of managers but definitely below Klopp and his cohorts. He is good at drilling a conservative style of play which works for clubs which do not have an ambition of winning trophies.

Look at the Palace team as well, they have a few decent players. Obviously not all Liverpool material but still decent for a midtable team. Zaha, Van Aanholt, Townsend, Millivojevic etc. They also had Wan-Bissaka last season.

He is better than Pardew, Bruce level of managers but definitely below Klopp and his cohorts. He is good at drilling a conservative style of play which works for clubs which do not have an ambition of winning trophies.

This.
He is a very good manager for the level of club he is at. But doesn't have enough tools in his box to succeed at a club that dominates possession and is expected to win matches.

Seriously he would be a good fit for this current United side. Would be utopia.

I think he's actually very underrated and deserves another crack at the big time. He'd do wonders with that United side.

Is this before or after Fat Sam takes the reigns?

He's done brilliantly for them. They always do well against City, too. Fingers crossed.

He's done brilliantly for them. They always do well against City, too. Fingers crossed.
Hodgson's Palace lost their first 3 games to City 5-0, 5-0, 3-0, but yes, he's one of the few coaches out there that now seems to have a game plan to get at City, with the most recent 3 games resulting in a home draw and an away win in the league and 1-3 loss in the cup.

Last edited:
Pretty much. They have a pretty old team too, as a short term fix he's definitely doing wonders for them, but unless he's changed since he was here, he won't be even remotely interested in their younger players either, which doesn't bode well in the longer term.

What do you mean if Hodgson is any good. Need I remind you about his glory days in Halmstad, Malmø and Viking?

It was actually a few funny quoted from his Viking days:

“I should have been in Monaco smoking my fucking cigar. Instead I find myself here with this Mickey Mouse club. Fighting the elements for pocket-money”

” There are three categories of players. The first one are top class. You admire them. They will win you trofees. In the middle you find normal players. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. In the last categorie you find players you really dislike. They are shit and dont give you anything. And Bjørn Berland, you are in the last categorie.” (To his winger, guess he wanted to inspire him!!)

“I am really happy that you joined the trainingsession. First of all you seem like a decent player. But most important, today I was not the fatest one on the trainingsfield.” (To a youngster at his first training with the firstteam!)

” Are you drunk? I really hope so. Because thats the only exuse for your passing today”

Everyone else is shit. Half the league had 10 or fewer points after 8 games. What a load of shit.

Woy is fucking shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom