• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is this journo for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just a way to try an get some attention is my guess. It was very clear what Klopp actually meant.

What were the original comments by Klopp? If he said, as is framed by the journo, that the AFCON is a "little tournament", then I could understand some people being pissed off by that.

What were the original comments by Klopp? If he said, as is framed by the journo, that the AFCON is a "little tournament", then I could understand some people being pissed off by that.

Someone said there's "no more international footy" till March and he said "well except for this little tournament in Africa" ... More likely taking the piss out of the person,no the tournament.

He was responding to a journalist who said there were no international breaks until March. Then said something like you're forgetting a little tournament in January. He was mocking the journalist, not the tournament.

I wouldn't even say he was mocking the original journo, he was being slightly flippant. If people are too stupid to understand that we really shouldn't be having them in the press meeting.

Poor Klopp, the amount of “pressers” he has to give and then have such an obviously sacrastic comment taken out of context like that by the journalist like that is ridiculous. Even after he explained the irony, he still kept going for it.
Klopp should have just gone full hulk then
whudnmDKM7t8c7qm8

Klopp likes a good joke or an occasional irreverent comment and it would be a travesty if he would have to curb that side of his personality because of some humorless bastards looking for anything they can latch on to. Hope this guy is never invited back.

The journo sounds like a snowflake who found offence where there is none.

I'm British-born/bred Ghanain the AFCON is a little tournament, do I have to apologize as well?

I think this is the problem with modern society we lack the emotional intelligence to the extent that comments get taken literally without taking into regard 'how' someone said it or the context. Clearly, Klopp has a lot of respect for African players otherwise he wouldn't have signed 4 of them (Matip, Mane, Salah and Keita) which is nearly half of his first-team!!

This journo is trying to create outrage, when Trump called Africa a "shit-hole continent", that's the time for outrage this journo just lacks emotional intelligence to know this is widely different.

I think what Klopp meant is that the AFCON is not on the same level as the Euro or Word Cup...sure it means a lot to many Africans but most of the world people will find out the winners in a newspaper or only know its on because they'll see the likes of Minamino and Origi and Jota leading the line for Liverpool in January and wonder where Mane and Salah are... I might watch a game or two but I really couldn't care about the competition, to be honest, especially its affecting my 'Liverpool Country'.

The journo sounds like a snowflake who found offence where there is none.

I think the journo knew exactly what he is doing. Taken out of context, it was easy to misconstrue and get some attention and readership.

No way that he actually cared about the “issue” itself.

I'm British-born/bred Ghanain the AFCON is a little tournament, do I have to apologize as well?

I think this is the problem with modern society we lack the emotional intelligence to the extent that comments get taken literally without taking into regard 'how' someone said it or the context. Clearly, Klopp has a lot of respect for African players otherwise he wouldn't have signed 4 of them (Matip, Mane, Salah and Keita) which is nearly half of his first-team!!

This journo is trying to create outrage, when Trump called Africa a "shit-hole continent", that's the time for outrage this journo just lacks emotional intelligence to know this is widely different.

I think what Klopp meant is that the AFCON is not on the same level as the Euro or Word Cup...sure it means a lot to many Africans but most of the world people will find out the winners in a newspaper or only know its on because they'll see the likes of Minamino and Origi and Jota leading the line for Liverpool in January and wonder where Mane and Salah are... I might watch a game or two but I really couldn't care about the competition, to be honest, especially its affecting my 'Liverpool Country'.
That’s not what he meant at all.

Ahh silly little cancel culture rearing it’s ugly head again.

Just call it what it is. AFCON is a useless, time wasting little African tournament. And Black Lives Matter y’all. Now let’s all take a stupid knee.

Not an insult in any way. Just like one of us saying..."we played Porto and it was effectively a dead rubber, with just a little matter of us winning because that's what we do"

Poor example maybe but that was the context Klopp used. Wasn't very diplomatic but Klopp meant no offence.

It's an expression in the English language. It's to emphasize something by way of understatement.

For example, someone says, "Ah well, the season's over. No more footy on the TV till August"

To which you jokingly reply by way of understatement - "Well, there is the matter of that little tournament, the world cup in june".

The typical response to that comment is of course a laugh or a nod, or an "ah yes, how could I forget".

FFS, the reporter should get his pass lifted. Wanker.

There's a whole bunch of African men in suits on Twitter getting very upset about this. They deny strongly the existence of sarcasm in the English language

If some Liverpool supporters on this forum are misinterpreting what was said, I can now understand why the African journo did as well.
But then a journalist is supposed to investigate everything, and this man quite clearly wanted to misunderstand.

If someone said to Klopp in November next year "no more international breaks until March" he would also say "apart from that little tournament, the world cup". This is a shit journo trying to get clicks and he has succeeded.

Klopp already explained what he meant in a calm manner, there’s nothing to see here apart from tje Journo and everyone else being worked up over nothing, he should look at Klopp’s history and what he stands for.
Twit…

Lol the reporter didn't build this clown world, it's a bit rich to hate on him. Klopp handled it better than most would, but that's his problem deal with it, the reporter is just doing what he has to do and he did it with impressive skill. His outrage was worded brilliantly. Take a knee, get banged. Long may it continue.

Again, not sure what it’s got to do with apart taking the knee apart from the journo being black but anyway and likely to have been asked by any journo looking to make a name pre-knee times.
Klopp does lead with knee well though…

Again, not sure what it’s got to do with apart taking the knee apart from the journo being black but anyway and likely to have been asked by any journo looking to make a name pre-knee times.
Klopp does lead with knee well though…

That is because when you read or hear or see anything, you don't ask "why" enough times to get to the fundamental reason for it happening.

Last edited:
Or maybe I just don’t have an agenda to link every universal action or attribute to a set of already prescribed issues in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom