• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is this the most competitive title race in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the top four teams finished with one point separating them, so they must have dropped points against each other. Was there not shit loads of teams in the top flight then?

Ya I dunno hence the question but definitely competitive with 4 teams in with a realistic shout up until the end

Jesus.

Back then the league was probably MORE competitive as the league wasn't the reserve of a big 4 or 6 clubs. Just about any club in the top division could win it ... overall it was much more even. It was probably us who started to break that mould, but, even then, teams like Forest & Villa took titles during our dominance

Last edited:
Wrong. I was completing the list of Top 6 teams to play. There was nothing smartarse about it, it happens a hundred times day on here, people correcting others' minor slips. They are not all followed by snidey remarks from other posters though. On second thoughts maybe you just simply prefer to have a limited picture to take in, in which case as you were.
. I posted every top 6 fixture each side has left to play? They have more. Fact.

I imagine , results against sides outside of the top 6 will be the same as those in the first half of the season , pretty much .

We still have Utd, spurs and Everton to play they still have Arsenal , Chelsea , Everton (all three in a row in feb) utd and spurs on last day of season.

Not to mention they're going to have two more league cup games , one against spurs or Chelsea and however many FA cup matches and cl matches. They have a deeper squad for sure but shit could go down to the wire even we spaff the 4pt lead In the near future , alternatively our 4pt lead stretches to double figures if they fluff Feb !
I hope Spurs have something to play for on that last fixture.

. I posted every top 6 fixture each side has left to play? They have more. Fact.
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you ? How difficult is it to read a fixture list ? This is what you wrote so NO you did not list every Top 6 fixture remaining :

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/inde...ve-title-race-in-history.132490/#post-1785301

For them you did not list United away and you also said they are away at Spurs last match of the season .. they aren't, they have another 3 matches after that.

For us you didn't mention we have a home game against Chelsea.

Fuck me, have I somehow landed on Blue Moon ? And you too Fabs.

*Blows Kiss*

Last edited:
It's about froggy being a tart pretty much
Get your head out of your arse Fabs.

HC said these are the remaining games against Top 6 but made THREE errors. I corrected that (in what for me was a far less cuntish post than usual) listing the games he'd missed and HC then threw a tantrum for my having the temerity to correct his erroneous 'facts'. Talk about a 21 year old acting like a 13 year old.

You backed the wrong horse in this one (Pedantic ? Adding the remaining matches that were missing ? Thank God I am then), so not just the wrong horse, but wrong meet and wrong track !

Get your head out of your arse Fabs.

HC said these are the remaining games against Top 6 but made THREE errors. I corrected that (in what for me was a far less cuntish post than usual) listing the games he'd missed and HC then threw a tantrum for my having the temerity to correct his erroneous 'facts'. Talk about a 21 year old acting like a 13 year old.

You backed the wrong horse in this one (Pedantic ? Adding the remaining matches that were missing ? Thank God I am then), so not just the wrong horse, but wrong meet and wrong track !

You're a poster on a football forum. You earn no kudos for pushing your thick rimmed glasses up your nose and saying "well actually"

So in conclusion

Gwan fuck yerseff

You're a poster on a football forum. You earn no kudos for pushing your thick rimmed glasses up your nose and saying "well actually"

So in conclusion

Gwan fuck yerseff
I've made 9 posts since this errupted, however 3 were on the subject. Fabio has made 9 posts making snide digging remarks with not one about the subject matter.

You can go fuck yourself too.

I mean , it came across very point-scoringly Froggy.

Plus, you have a reputation, dontcha ?

I mean , it came across very point-scoringly Froggy.

Plus, you have a reputation, dontcha ?
Mate. You made three errors and I even included two winking smilies in my correction ! However you took it the wrong way and then went on to insist your error strewn post was correct. I mean like seriously WTF, why not just say oh yeah I forgot them or indeed don't say anything at all since I listed the missing games ? I seriously don't get why you were upset.

Fabio's clearly not worth a fart from my arse (since he's made 10 cunty posts and counting and we now know that's all we'll get in response) never mind a riposte to his continuing off-topic teenage-girlie-like tirade.

For someone not worth "a fart from your arse", I'm enjoying living in your head, rent free, with a ring doorbell so I can watch spergy cunts counting posts

Getting back to the point of Derby's win that season. Something that also made life much harder then was only having 1 substitute. Imagine that in this day and age. Not only could you only use one sub, you actually only named one.

For the record the most competitive league title chase was in 1971/72 when Derby won the league with 58 points and Liverpool, Arsenal and Leeds all finished on 57 points.
How many teams were in the league that season? Was it 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom