• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Packers v Saints tonight.

Oh how i miss thee.
:)

Bought tickets this morning for the Bears at Wembley. Rock up at midday, get trousered on Coors, then spend the match motherfucking Cutler at the top of my voice. Lovely.

Yeah, got my mail the other day but couldnt afford them.
If the draw was made on payday......

:(

How about some predictions?

Who's going to win it all and what are you expecting from your team?

I think I've picked Baltimore the last 2 season so time for a change. Avoiding the more obvious choices, i'll plump for Atlanta.

Not expecting a great deal from the Cowboys this season. A record of 8-8 would be realistic. They're taking a big gamble with the offensive line and expect some breakdowns on the defense whilst they get to grips with Rob Ryans schemes.
But I really like what I've seen and heard from Garrett since he took over the HC position full time. He's brought a sense of authority back to the job.

agree on Garrett ...

I think Boys either got 6-10 (as most are predicting) or 10-6 (they just over achieve).

they're going with youth at WR, OL and 'defense' (i.e. learning Ryan's scheme) ... Let's see how they do - I'm excited.

I expect a big year from Victor Butler - I think he may take over from Spencer ...

Aaron Rodgers forgot he just had seven months off.

Also, that Weeden-Blackmon combination at Okie State looks the fucking business. Be interesting to see what happens to Weeden come draft season, given his age and arm situation.

Anyone see the Buckeyes at the weekend? I know they have forty-seven players out, but they have talent everywhere. This is a freshman. It was his first catch in 1A.

Ohio State's Evan Spencer Makes Ridiculous One-Handed Catch

The USC team couldn't make it to the game against Minnesota, so Barkley and Woods beat them by themselves.

USC's Robert Woods Behind the Head Catch

Barkley nailed 34 passes, 17 of them to Robin Woods. Still only won by two.

Im gonna go with the Patriots to come back strong this year. I also reckon (dont laugh) Tampa Bay will have a better year.
Winner? Go on then Patriots.

Lions are a strange one. Getting a lot of hype right now, especially on offence. I'd like to see how they use Young. Probably in the slot, but he'll need to refine his route running. He was a field-stretcher at Boise and caught some unbelievable deep passes, but I don't know how often he'll be used like that in front of Burleson. The aim surely has to be to get Megatron into single coverage so he can beast teams. Best aside the RB team isn't up to much, and you worry about how much protection Stafford gets from that line. But if they can keep Stafford fit and slinging, and if the WRs work together, then they can open up any secondary. Lot of ifs.

Also, I'd like to say - Fuck the Chicago Bears. What's with all the cap room? Fucking bullshit. Pay Forte. Get Cutler some protection. Don't give me any lies about carrying cap room over. We're in exactly the same position we were in last year - I couldn't tell you if we're going to go 12-4 or 4-12, but it'll be one of those two. Likely to be the latter looking at us right now, but I thought that last year too. We're a team with no identity, no plan, a coach hanging on by his fingertips, a cunt of a quarterback, an office that doesn't know what it's doing, and a stadium that looks like a crashed space ship. And I'm paying 80 notes to go see them get fucked by a promising looking Bucs side. Bear Down!

Check this from Justin Blackmon.

Blackmon Showing Off

Kid is a stud. Has fourteen consecutive hundred yard games now. The Cowboys have to go to the Aggies in a couple of weeks and if they win there they should run the table down to the final game, Bedlam. That could see both teams unbeaten and playing both for the Big 12 title and a shot at the BCS. Which would be nice.

Could end up playing either Alabama or LSU out of the SEC. Both looking good right now. Alabama's defense is smothering, but they'll need more than just Trent Richardson to beat LSU.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=46797.msg1396093#msg1396093 date=1315505817]
I think it'll be the Steelers year
[/quote]Erm........We are being fucking destroyed by Baltimore. DESTROYED.
Hopeless everywhere.

Ravens always play you guys tough Andy .. They'll be out of the playoffs before they get to you ... don't lose faith.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=46797.msg1396624#msg1396624 date=1315623943]
The Jets came close last year, I fancy them to make the Superbowl this year.
[/quote]

I'll have some of that too.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=46797.msg1397755#msg1397755 date=1315768227]
Ravens always play you guys tough Andy .. They'll be out of the playoffs before they get to you ... don't lose faith.
[/quote]God its tragic though.

Happy with the performance against the Jets. Pity Romo cost us a win with a fumble at the goal line & a late INT to Revis in the 4th Q.

But we held our own - moved the ball on the #1 defense & our defense looked pretty good, considering it's a brand new scheme.

I'll stick with my 6-10 or 10-6 prediction ...

How hilarious was it watching Cam Newton totally light up Arizona? Has any player ever had a game that good and still lost? 422 yards. Two TD tosses, and he ran one in himself. Swag. If they get Steve Smith some proper help this could be interesting.

Newton froze the secondary a couple of times, and Smith makes great routes anyway.

Peterson made up for it with that ridonkulous punt return mind, even if he did almost fuck it up at the end there.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=46797.msg1396624#msg1396624 date=1315623943]
The Jets came close last year, I fancy them to make the Superbowl this year.
[/quote]

I have a soft touch for the Jets.....met Mark Sanchez in Montauk the summer he was drafted! Top Bloke!!

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=46797.msg1398285#msg1398285 date=1315883633]
Maybe it's just me, but I think the Jets and Rex Ryan are hugely over rated.
[/quote]

It's probably because we played them so well, and really should have won.

That being said, 1st game of the season. I'm not that high on them but they're definitely amongst the best.

Tom Brady threw 500 yards yesterday and janikowski hit a 63 yard FG

Back
Top Bottom