• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

They'll do that thing where they say he can go next year if he shuts up and gets on with this season.

Liverpool have told Barcelona that they are wasting their time trying to sign Philippe Coutinho this summer.
The La Liga outfit have stepped up their interest in the Brazil international by tabling an opening bid of 80million Euros (£72million).
However, the ECHO understands that was instantly rejected and the Reds remain adamant that Coutinho is not for sale at any price.
Jurgen Klopp views the gifted 25-year-old attacker as key to his vision for the club and is building a team around him.
Coutinho only signed a new five-year contract back in January worth £150,000 per week and there is no release clause.
JS120349774.jpg

Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho celebrates scoring (Image: James Maloney)
When that deal was signed Klopp hailed him as “truly world class” and the manager is convinced that Coutinho is happy and settled at Liverpool.
Speaking in Hong Kong earlier this week, Klopp said: “The main thing I think about is how we can make the next step with the players we had last season.
“The good news is that actually we didn’t lose - and we will not lose - a player we want to keep this summer. That’s the best news actually and then we’ll see who can bring into the squad.”
Coutin.jpg

Philippe Coutinho, with Jurgen Klopp
Coutinho, who scored 14 goals in all competitions last season, is close friends with Luis Suarez, who made the move from Liverpool to Barcelona three years ago.
However, he has always played down speculation linking him with the Camp Nou.

“Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour," Coutinho said back in May.
“Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more. I have a long contract with Liverpool.”

Bid has been rejected according to the echo.

Hope Coutinho hands in a transfer request now like we hoped Keita would do.
A small dose of "what goes around, comes around" is good for us.

Edit. Too early...

You're a weird cunt

Bid has been rejected according to the echo.

Hope Coutinho hands in a transfer request now like we hoped Keita would do.
A small dose of "what goes around, comes around" is good for us.
Edit. Too early...
So all the times we've been fucked over in the past (mascherano going on strike to force a move etc), and now because we have done it its karma? That doesn't even make sense.

So all the times we've been fucked over in the past (mascherano going on strike to force a move etc), and now because we have done it its karma? That doesn't even make sense.
We were almost punished for tapping up Van Dijk.
We also tried to tap up a Stoke youth player.
Now we keep bidding on a player that clearly isn't for sale.

Is bidding for a footballer tapping up these days?

You make it sound like we're the only ones at it and, if that's what you think, you're even further off the deep end than we all thought.

Is bidding for a footballer tapping up these days?
So I guess it's OK if we say no he's not for sale to Barca and few days later they come with another bid, then another, then another. For some reason I think the tactic is to try to unsettle the player. I don't believe that he's some sort of closet red but suddenly he's like "I dream of playing for Liverpool", fuck that.

Points 1&2 is done by every club and has been going on for god knows how many years. Only difference is that we got caught.
Point 3 isn't illegal. You can bid as many times as you want. The club can just keep saying no (which in the case of Keita they have done). Sometimes a club is saying no only to take a higher fee, how can you know? If they sell Keita then we know it was just all about getting as much money as possible.

Every player is for sale if you find a price that selling club will accept.

If Barca come in at 100m plus then you can be damn sure we'd sell.

If City bid 200m for Suarez Barca would sell etc etc.

So I guess it's OK if we say no he's not for sale to Barca and few days later they come with another bid, then another, then another. For some reason I think the tactic is to try to unsettle the player. I don't believe that he's some sort of closet red but suddenly he's like "I dream of playing for Liverpool", fuck that.
Yes. That Is a valid tactic that every club does when bidding. No doesn't always mean no as we know. You surely know all this and are just pissing around.

Points 1&2 is done by every club and has been going on for god knows how many years. Only difference is that we got caught.
Point 3 isn't illegal. You can bid as many times as you want. The club can just keep saying no (which in the case of Keita they have done). Sometimes a club is saying no only to take a higher fee, how can you know? If they sell Keita then we know it was just all about getting as much money as possible.
You know when it's right? When the club like for instance Roma say, OK we don't really want to sell but we would accept a bid of 35 mill.

Us n Leipzig:
56?
No. Hes not for sale.
60?
No! He's still not for sale.
65?
Fuck off! We are not selling him.
70?
FFS, no! Damn you people.

Yes. That Is a valid tactic that every club does when bidding. No doesn't always mean no as we know. You surely know all this and are just pissing around.
Of course I know that, I just think it'll be funny in a kinda tragic way if Coutinho now tries to fuck us over.

You know when it's right? When the club like for instance Roma say, OK we don't really want to sell but we would accept a bid of 35 mill.

Us n Leipzig:
56?
No. Hes not for sale.
60?
No! He's still not for sale.
65?
Fuck off! We are not selling him.
70?
FFS, no damn you.
Well we haven't bid 70m yet have we? They must be getting encouragement from somewhere. Say we bid 70+m and they say yes? Doesn't that then mean it was all about getting the right price? You don't know unless you try.

Karma doesn't exist. If it did clubs like Barca and Real Madrid would get fucked over every year. Look how barca went about getting fabregas. Parading him in a barca shirt while he was an arsenal player when wenger didn't want to let him go.

Modo the laughing stock still seething because a player he rated so highly went for 5 million quid.
In today's terms that's a can of skol and a chomp bar.
Genius that boy.

Every player is for sale if you find a price that selling club will accept.

If Barca come in at 100m plus then you can be damn sure we'd sell.

If City bid 200m for Suarez Barca would sell etc etc.

That depends though. What is the point of getting 100 mill + if it sets us back a few season (once again). With the current prices and inflated fees I'm not holding my breath to how we would spend that 100 mill and improve without Coutinho. Who is probably our biggest star at the moment.
As Rurik has said, we should only sell Coutinho if we can get Mbappe. Which is unlikely, so no thanks.

If there is one season we're deffo shouldnt sell any of our top players its this summer.

Well we haven't bid 70m yet have we? They must be getting encouragement from somewhere. Say we bid 70+m and they say yes? Doesn't that then mean it was all about getting the right price? You don't know unless you try.

Karma doesn't exist. If it did clubs like Barca and Real Madrid would get fucked over every year. Look how barca went about getting fabregas. Parading him in a barca shirt while he was an arsenal player when wenger didn't want to let him go.
You ask, how much do you want?
Like we told Barca and Chelsea regarding Suarez and Torres.

We don't want to sell Coutinho. We don't need to sell Coutinho.

We didn't want to sell Suarez. We didn't need to sell Suarez.

We didn't want to sell Torres. We didn't need to sell Torres.

As you can see, there isn't any difference in circumstances at all. If Coutinho wants to join Barcelona, and is willing to try and force a move, then he's going to Barcelona sooner or later.

We might make another useless statement or contract offer - although he signed a new one six months ago - but it will be meaningless. At best we'll get one more season out of him.

That's how football works though.

We are not doing anything different. We are just a bit shit.

That depends though. What is the point of getting 100 mill + if it sets us back a few season (once again). With the current prices and inflated fees I'm not holding my breath to how we would spend that 100 mill and improve without Coutinho. Who is probably our biggest star at the moment.
As Rurik has said, we should only sell Coutinho if we can get Mbappe. Which is unlikely, so no thanks.

If there is one season we're deffo shouldnt sell any of our top players its this summer.
I agree. As I said earlier, I'm sick & tired of selling our best players.

That doesn't mean I don't think the owners will turn down a sufficiently high bid. Whether that is 90m, a 100m, or more, who knows, but they do have a price, I'm damn sure of that.

Back
Top Bottom