• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a transfer for Jan, but I doubt he is Liverpool bound. Here's what will happen in Jan if FSG are in charge. We will make a £100m bid for Jude Bellingham who will choose Real Madrid, we then spend £60m on a LW winger, get a 30 year old freebie MF and sell Gomez to balance the book. FSG would then blame the "Cost of Living Crisis" as to the low net spend.
[article]

Journalist reveals new Declan Rice price tag with West Ham ‘prepared to sell next summer’

Date published: Tuesday 29th November 2022 10:25 - Jason Soutar
Declan-Rice-Matt-Law-F365.jpg

According to Matt Law, Declan Rice will leave West Ham at the end of this season with Chelsea and Liverpool reportedly interested.
Rice has been strongly linked with several Premier League teams in recent years.
Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are all reportedly keen, with Arsenal now potentially in the mix as they sit top of the Premier League.
Liverpool are in dire need of midfield recruits and are also interested in signing Jude Bellingham, Moises Caicedo, Konrad Laimer and Federico Valverde.
Chelsea have been linked with Rice longer than anyone having signed the West Ham star as a youngster before releasing him at the age of 14.
The 23-year-old is also very close friends with Blues and England midfielder Mason Mount.
With interest getting hotter and hotter, Hammers manager David Moyes has often discussed how much money it would take to prise Rice away from the London Stadium.
Initially saying the player would cost £100million, he has more recently stated that Rice is worth nothing less than £150m.
Having impressed for England and West Ham, it is no surprise to see so many teams interested.

In April, it was reported by Fabrizio Romano that Rice had rejected a third contract offer from the Irons and was ‘open’ to a move elsewhere.
Telegraph journalist Matt Law is now “100 per cent confident” the midfielder will leave at the end of the season, with his price dropping from £150m to £70m.
And despite reports stating that Chelsea are the favourites to sign Rice, Law does not believe they are in “pole position at the moment”.

“Rice, he will definitely, definitely leave West Ham at the end of this season,” he told the London Is Blue podcast (via TEAMTalk). “I’m 100 per cent confident on that.
“West Ham are preparing to sell Declan Rice. I think it’ll be about £70million.
“Chelsea aren’t actually in pole position at the moment for Declan Rice. There are a couple of clubs who have made big plays for Declan Rice.”
Despite this, Law adds that the Blues will probably not be “outbid” for the England international.
“But that’s not because Chelsea aren’t going to. That’s just because a couple of clubs have tried to go early on Rice.
“And again I would expect Chelsea to move on Rice and again I would be quite surprised if anyone outbids Chelsea on Rice. Albeit, as I say, I think there are two clubs ahead of them at the moment – and I can’t say who they are, I’m sorry.”
Asked if Chelsea’s competition for Rice’s signature are domestic rivals, Law responded: “Premier League clubs, yeah, I can say that.”

[/article]

If this is true, we should just offer £80m and sell Jota if need be to finance this deal
[article]
Manchester City 'eye a cut-price deal for Napoli revelation Khvicha Kvaratskhelia' with the Georgian winger - who tore Liverpool apart in the Champions League - 'unconvinced about signing a new deal that includes a £65m buy-out clause'

• Winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has shone since joining Napoli in the summer
  • The Georgian was the star of the show when the Italian club thrashed Liverpool
  • Manchester City are reportedly hopeful of bringing him in on a bargain deal
By SPENCER MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 00:22, 23 October 2022 | UPDATED: 01:10, 23 October 2022

View comments

Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing red-hot Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
Kvaratskhelia, relatively unknown before this season, has caught the eye of a number of Europe's leading clubs after shining during his first three months in Italy.
Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are both said to be among his admirers and now Pep Guardiola and City have joined them, according to The Sun.
63752601-0-image-a-9_1666479811842.jpg

Manchester City are reportedly interested in Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskheli

City fans will be particularly enamored with the Georgian as he has been labelled the new Georgi Kinkladze, a reference to his gifted compatriot who achieved a cult following during his time at City in the late 1990s.

He was one of the Premier League's first talismanic overseas number 10s, and scored 22 goals for City in 122 games.
Kvaratskhelia can play across the front three and played a big role when Napoli thrashed Liverpool 4-1 in the Champions League earlier this season.
The 21-year-old was Rubin Kazan's star man but the Russian invasion of Ukraine allowed for his contract to be suspended.
63752759-11344645-image-a-11_1666480102288.jpg

+2
View gallery

Kvaratskhelia was extremely impressive when Napoli thrashed Liverpool this season
He spent a few months with Dinamo Batumi back home in Georgia last season before Napoli picked him up for a bargain £10m.
Kvaratskhelia has scored seven goals this season and Napoli are already hoping to convince him to sign a new deal that would include a £65million release clause.
However, Kvaratskhelia is believed to be unwilling to sign a new deal that could make it hard for him to leave the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in the future.
City are said to be thinking of swooping in and trying to purchase him at a cut price, despite the embarrassment of riches already available to Guardiola.

[/article]

There are other successful/positive examples.

Brighton signed 17 yr old Facundo Buonanotte in Nov ("just finished his first full season of top-flight football in Argentina, with four goals and two assists in 34 games two caps at under-20 level under his belt").

Newcastle snapped up 18 yr old Garang Kuol ("whirlwind six-month rise, during which he has progressed from a fringe youth prospect at the Mariners seeking to follow in the footsteps of his older brother Alou, to the darling of the A-Leagues and a potential World Cup bolter") in Sep from A-League and are reportedly sealing the signing of 19 yr old Maximo Perrone ("only playing 33 games in the top division in Argentina") from Argentina + linked with Andrey Santos ("an established Brazil Under-20 international, has just one season of senior football under his belt") from Santos.

The type/level of talent we should be aiming for shouldn't have issues with permit imo. Unless we go back to the likes of Allan Rodrigues...:oops:

Happened to see this today:

[article]Newcastle United sporting director Dan Ashworth says that the Magpies are well equipped for the aftermath of Brexit and prepared to make changes to old transfer strategies in place.

United recently signed highly-rated Australia international youngster Garang Kuol from Central Coast Mariners after beating Barcelona to his signature. But Eddie Howe has already hinted he will go straight out on loan in January.

However, Ashworth - who has been involved in similar deals at Brighton & Hove Albion with Alexis Mac Allister and Kaoru Mitoma - is well rehearsed in how future deals will work.

Ashworth said: "We’re a world league, the whole world is open to us now in order to recruit and Brexit has changed the dynamics of who you can recruit and how but ultimately now, signing a player from Belgium or Brazil is the same criteria, whereas previously in the EU, it was different.

"Players coming into the here and now for Eddie, he would absolutely have full sight of them to make sure he is comfortable with them coming straight into his first team but you can’t expect him to be able to sign every player we ever sign across the football club. Where does it stop, the under-9s?!

"Consequently, we have to look at different ways to bring talent into the club through different routes. One of them is maybe they go straight out on loan.

"The work criteria in order to get GBE points in order to come in is fairly complex and therefore coming out of certain leagues that might be band four, five or six, maybe that player needs a loan experience before they can get the right points to work in the Premier League.

"With my previous club, there are some players who have benefited from that where they have been acquired, had a loan experience and then come successfully into the Premier League."[/article]

I reckon it's not actually about money; he doesn't need any more. He just wants to be in a place where he'll still be worshiped as a God and run rampant over the opposition, which he knows isn't happening any more in Europe.

Also, have you heard of that footballer arrested for rape in Saudi Arabia? No?? Precisely.

I'm pretty sure it's very much about money. He becomes the highest paid athlete in the world at 37/38, and significantly more than double what Messi pockets at PSG. Its an insane deal.

Anyone know much about Yunus Musah? played for the England U19 before electing to play for his country of birth, the USA. Currently playing for Valencia as a CM, linked to us via spurious source

Anyone know much about Yunus Musah? played for the England U19 before electing to play for his country of birth, the USA. Currently playing for Valencia as a CM, linked to us via spurious source

I think he played for the US team in this world cup. If its the same guy, - he has a good engine on him.

We’re not signing anyone who sounds like something JarJar Binks would say.

I'm pretty sure it's very much about money. He becomes the highest paid athlete in the world at 37/38, and significantly more than double what Messi pockets at PSG. Its an insane deal.

Its all about the money and being labelled as the athlete that earns the most.

According to Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport, Amrabat is 'open' to leaving Fiorentina in order to play in Europe’s elite competition - something Liverpool can offer him. Further, it has also been claimed that the Reds have already made contact with the midfielder’s representatives.

Hahaha, no chance. One thing for sure none of the players on my list will come for sure that includes Tielemans, Maddison, Danilo, Kamada and Kudus who has been on the list since summer 2021 along with Kamada.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe your list is jinxing our transfers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom