• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
So, according to a few lads on Twitter (yes I know) our top target in January is Alex Song.
We are also very keen on Mohammed Salah.

Would you be happy with that? Who do you want to sign in January?

If thats true, at least the management recognise the need for central midfield reinforcements,,,,,

I think Ryan doesn't rate Song.

He's a very good player - but if I remember correctly, he flourished at Arsenal when he was given license to roam forward. When he had more defensive duties, he was average. We could do worse I guess.

Salah is a very exciting prospect.

Like Song. Not sure he is exactly what we need mind, would prefer a more creative type.

Don't know Salah.

I like Song, he could be exactly what we need imho. Depends on the fee or if he would want to join us. We've been linked with Matic but Benfica want crazy money.

Salah is very exciting. Been impressive whenever I've seen him and is only 21.

Ryan loves and rates Lucas more than anything though LTW, so I'm not sure how valid that is ;)

Salah, Sakou, Song, Skrtel, Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, Simon Mingolet, Steven Gerrard,

I see Rodgers cunning plan!!!!!!!

We're the new S Club 11.

I'd be delighted signing a player who's played for Arsenal and Barca rather than Sunderland,Villa and Swansea.
I know it's lazy logic but I'm sick of looking at a midfield that's as functional as a pair of Lady Mucca's shinguards.

I wouldn't think Song is outstanding. Good but not outstanding.

I think it's a sign we're looking in the right area - mid-field but not the right player.

If Gerrard isn't going to play further forward then we need a Silva type player. Coutinho and Suso look great for the future but I don't think either is ready to be relied upon to make it happen behind SAS.

We need some strike power in mid field. At the moment they're playing like water carriers - there's no menace. It's like Flano against Arsenal - given loads of space cause they didn't fear him. That left us without space where we did carry some menace.

As important as it is to have match winners up front we need to have some threat from other areas as well. I think our midfield does what it's doing pretty well. But to be successful we need them to do more.

Sent from my HTC One XL

We should really be focused on looking for high quality players who need to get lots of quality minutes to make their World Cup Squads, but aren't because of squad depth, or club quality. Juan Mata is an unrealistic example.

I wonder if Diego Contento of Bayern would be available actually. He's pretty much blocked between Alaba and Lahm, and I think Rafinha might also be in line to get minutes ahead of him. Shaqiri is another that we keep getting linked with, who could be worth trying

some fella on reddit that works in the youth set up said its gona be a quiet january but that theres a massive player already sorted for the summer

He's a very good player - but if I remember correctly, he flourished at Arsenal when he was given license to roam forward. When he had more defensive duties, he was average. We could do worse I guess.

I do like Song. Have a search back through old threads on here and I was calling him one of the most underrated players in the league in his time at Arsenal.

I just don't want him for us is all.

I do like Song. Have a search back through old threads on here and I was calling him one of the most underrated players in the league in his time at Arsenal.

What type of car is he?

Oh - so I was in the middle!
Why wouldn't you want him? (Not that I do, just curious).

f

When we are talking about midfielders that is a badge of honour mate... Remember Bentley anyone?

Also we should listen to people who rate Lucas and do the opposite.

some fella on reddit that works in the youth set up said its gona be a quiet january but that theres a massive player already sorted for the summer
please dont, if we need to be anywhere near to top 4...we need a frrracking top class midfielder

Well, we need someone who can turn a game or just simply win it in addition to SAS. Whether they play in midfield or not doesn't particularly bother me.

Maybe he doesn't need to be utterly world class but he needs to be good.

Lucas, whether people like it or not, has got the DM position covered and that's fine by me cause he does it very well.

It's in the space between Lucas and SAS that we look impotent. We get that part of the field sorted and we're in business. Ozil would have been extraordinary, Silva would be wonderful.

Sent from my HTC One XL

We lack creative central/attacking midfielders more than anything else. Players you can actually trust to keep possession and someone who'll also possess a goal threat from midfield.

When we look at the teams we are competing against they have got 3-5 players in this mould whereas we have got two. Coutinho and Gerrard.

Lucas is not our main priority to replace, despite him being one of our weakest players individually, not his fault that we are not good enough in the final third to maintain possession, keep the pressure and setup team mates. And score goals (bar SAS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom