• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that prefers baby faced creative midfielders in general? Someone will prove me wrong I’m sure with the likes of Zidane, but there seems to be a trend with top creative midfielders’ facial features. Or is it complete and utter bollocks?

I’m saying this without having ever watched Demirbay play.

Looking at that photo I can't help thinking your definition of "baby-faced" would be rather different from mine! Whom else did you have in mind?

Was Pirlo ever baby faced? Alonso- handsome, but not baby faced surely? This whole concept is very strange and strained.

I've seen nothing of Robert goulet, but I would like another creative mid. Anyone seen him?

Is it just me that prefers baby faced creative midfielders in general? Someone will prove me wrong I’m sure with the likes of Zidane, but there seems to be a trend with top creative midfielders’ facial features. Or is it complete and utter bollocks?

I’m saying this without having ever watched Demirbay play.
Did you miss the CL knockout stage game against Hoffenheim? He was brill

What about Kai Havertz? I suspect he would be Klopp's first choice attacking midfielder if he can convince him to come. Considered to be a generational talent in Germany.

What about Kai Havertz? I suspect he would be Klopp's first choice attacking midfielder if he can convince him to come. Considered to be a generational talent in Germany.
I reckon there's zero chance of getting him, but would be a coup and a half

I reckon there's zero chance of getting him, but would be a coup and a half

As long as Klopp is our manager, it's not zero. Amazingly, he still didn't bring any German players to LFC; hopefully the first one will be truly special.

Bayern Munich has been rumored to have an affinity for Bayer Leverkusen ace Kai Havertz. The 19-year-old star is considered one of Germany’s top young talents. Procuring Havertz will not be easy though. Aside of a frosty relationship with Leverkusen, Havertz has now started to draw the attention of some other big clubs, including Arsenal.
Arsenal scouts have again been watching Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz as club chiefs prepare to continue their Emirates rebuild this summer. But the Gunners face a battle with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, who have made the Germany international one of their chief transfer targets.
But any move will draw the Gunners into a battle with Bayern, who are keen to land Havertz as they overhaul an ageing side in 2019. Arjen Robben is exiting in the summer, Franck Ribery could also leave, while further departures are expected at the Allianz Arena also.
Bayern bosses have made a £50million-plus deal a priority, believing that if they miss out now then they won’t get the chance to take him to Bavaria again.​
If true, the most interesting piece of this report was that Bayern has made Havertz a priority. Again — if true — it sounds like Die Roten will make a play for the talented youngster this summer in hopes of procuring him before he really explodes into becoming a star outside of Germany.

Demirbai is probably old news; earlier in the season with Ox injured and Keita unsettled we did have a need for a player like him, but now CM is probably the deepest area in our squad.

Last edited:
Would love to see him being Coman over, he’s an attacker i think Klopp could do great things with

Somehow this slipped under the radar. It's on, and like I suspected, has been on for a while.

EXCLUSIVE: Bundesliga Wonderkid Visits Melwood Ahead Of Potential Move

November 9th 2017
• by Sam McGuire
Liverpool rolled out the red carpet for Kai Havertz when the German midfielder visited Melwood in October ahead of a potential move, Football Whispers understands.
Jürgen Klopp, Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho were all in attendance to greet Havertz and his agent as the club went on the charm offensive to convince the youngster, tipped to be the ‘new Mesut Özil’, that Liverpool was the best place for him to develop.

Back in June, Football Whispers exclusively revealed the Reds were interested in Bayer Leverkusen duo Havertz and Benjamin Henrichs. Havertz signed a new five-year deal at the BayArena in July but it appears as though this was more to protect his value after the Bundesliga side granted him permission to visit Merseyside.
The 18-year-old has been in fine form this season, assisting three goals in just five starts as well as netting four times for Germany’s Under-19s in a match at with Liverpool scouts in attendance.

Havertz has been compared to German legend Michael Ballack and, while there are some similarities to the former Chelsea midfielder, his game has shades of Marco Reus and Mario Götze, two players Klopp help develop. Despite the array of talent in their academy, the Reds are said to be going on a youthful recruitment drive. Along with Havertz, Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in 17-year-old Fortuna Sittard captan Per Schurrs. The centre-back had a trial with the club earlier this year and Liverpool remain interested in bringing him to Merseyside. The duo undoubtedly have the potential to become world class players down the line and bringing them to Anfield would be shrewd recruitment on the part of the club, if deals can be completed.

Liverpool in touch with long-term target’s agent, €80m asking price, player met Klopp in 2017
By Naveen Ullal
12th December 2018

Kai Havertz was promoted to Bayer Leverkusen’s first team in October 2016 and a year later, he emerged as a target for Liverpool.The Reds were keen on adding the 19-year-old to their squad earlier in January after Football Whispers’ November 2017 report claimed the attacking midfielder made a trip to Melwood, where he was greeted by Jurgen Klopp, Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho.

Fast forward to December 2018 and Sport Bild now claims the Reds are still chasing him and their scouts have watched him in action for the Bundesliga club for several months. In addition to this, the Merseyside club are also in contact with the player’s agent.
When the teenager signed a new five-year deal last summer, Havertz made it clear that he would leave the German club if they fail to qualify for the continental competition and the report mentions Leverkusen are demanding €80m to sanction the sale of the young star.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has helped his current side sign Joel Matip, Ragnar Klavan and Naby Keita from Bundesliga clubs in the past.
Havertz has showcased his abilities after scoring seven goals and registering six assists in all competitions this season. It should be seen whether Klopp’s German connections coupled with Liverpool’s long-term interest can help them beat the competition from other clubs to sign the starlet.

As of today, 19-year-old Havertz has started every single league game for Leverkusen (almost all in the #10 role) and has 8 goals and 3 assists in the league and 3 and 3 in Europa League. According to Transfermarkt, his market value is the 3rd most in the Bundesliga (behind only Lewandowski and Jadon Sancho), 7th among all attacking midfielders in the world and #1 in the world among players of his age group. Stylistically he most reminds me of De Bruyne.

Last edited:
Makes the Bayern match a little more interesting if we're competing with them over a couple of players on the transfer front this summer.

Not that we aren't already an attractive club to sign for but following on from last season with another good run in Europe coupled with a good league finish and a strong performance against Bayern, the default destination for top German players, must be a great draw to targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom