• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impressive how some of you switch so easily from "He's fucking shit and will never be good enough" to "I rightly questioned his form when he had a poor spell".

I don't criticise players without reason. Hendo has been superb lately, looking like a different player for about two months. Just one thing, I feel like reminding people that he's not 24 years old, he's 29 turning 30 in the summer. It's taken him 7 years give or take a year to reach the level he's at now.
I'm all for being patient, but that's zen level patience.

In fairness he was hardly shit for those 7 years. He’s had some superb spells

When they deserved it, you criticised them. When they didn't, which was often, you still criticised them, partly because you were fixated on English players being overpraised and partly because you couldn't bear to stop riding your hobbyhorses.

And even if it had been true (which it isn't) that Hendo's "taken a long while to get to where he is now", it would make bugger all difference as long as he is at that level now. If you weren't still in the grip of this obsession of yours you'd know that.

I don’t agree with this at all. People love to ignore posts that go against their own opinion.

Modo has always praised Lallana or Henderson when they have done well in his opinion.

Difference of his opinion of good and others often differ which is not the same thing at all.

But they were overpriced!
Fuck me, what have got out of Lallana?!
It's bullshit that I'm somehow against English players. Haven't said anything bad about Milner, Trent, Joe etc.
It's just underachieving players that bother me, especially if they've come with a high price tag. Just like Sakho for instance.
Also with Henderson I didn't start criticising him until his 3rd year. That's when I felt he was supposed to perform.
Lallana joined at 26 for 25 mill, excuse me for expecting brilliance from him.

That’s very fair and more accurate from what I’ve seen

But they were overpriced!
Fuck me, what have got out of Lallana?!
It's bullshit that I'm somehow against English players. Haven't said anything bad about Milner, Trent, Joe etc.
It's just underachieving players that bother me, especially if they've come with a high price tag. Just like Sakho for instance.
Also with Henderson I didn't start criticising him until his 3rd year. That's when I felt he was supposed to perform.
Lallana joined at 26 for 25 mill, excuse me for expecting brilliance from him.

That’s very fair and more accurate from what I’ve seen

I don’t agree with this at all. People love to ignore posts that go against their own opinion.

Modo has always praised Lallana or Henderson when they have done well in his opinion.

Difference of his opinion of good and others often differ which is not the same thing at all.

No, it isn't, because others don't come at it having already decided that the players in question are cr@p. The occasional grudging admission that one of them wasn't too bad on one particular occasion - usually accompanied by some snide backdoor dig at them, as per this very thread - isn't, to coin a phrase, "the same thing at all".

No, it isn't, because others don't come at it having already decided that the players in question are cr@p. The occasional grudging admission that one of them wasn't too bad on one particular occasion - usually accompanied by some snide backdoor dig at them, as per this very thread - isn't, to coin a phrase, "the same thing at all".

Read every match there for the 5 years and there are literally hundreds of quotes from Modo praising Henderson with no snideness.

There is more posts where he derailed a thread to have a pop at him. Thankfully he’s dropped that recently.

Fyi, in the case of Lallana I was against the signing from day one.
Also, I praised them when they did well just like I praised Downing who I also was against signing and Carroll.
I like certain types of footballer, origin has nothing to do with it.
Carra I mostly disliked because he wasn't much of a ball player, look at Hyypia, Van Dijk, Agger that's defenders I like. Also, he had a tendency to make mistakes.
The same reason why I disliked Sakho who looked like Bambi on ice.

Henderson, I disliked because he played without confidence. Ran a lot but didn't contribute. "Passenger" was a word I frequently used.
Why did I call for a DM all those years? We got Fabinho and suddenly people started to notice. That's the type of player I wanted in DM all those years. Everyone was saying that Henderson had to be reserved and pass sideways because he was playing in that role. Fabinho came in and showed that the position isn't all about stability, you could actually be more involved.
Just like Klopp said( yes this is what he said), Henderson saw how Fabinho played and basically learned from it and improved.
So why should I have anything against him when he's actually playing the way I like to see a midfielder play?

Last edited:
I have to say I had no confidence in Henderson. If a player at 28/29 still can’t turn with the ball when receiving from a defender, he’s never going to be able to do it.
Yet by some miracle he’s actually managed to do it over the last couple of months. Is so much more confident when he’s under pressure. Absolute shite at shooting still, but my god he’s improved. He’s a really great lad and by all accounts a great ambassador and captain for the club. Really happy for him. Don’t care how long it took, and in fact if he’s peaking bang in the middle of the greatest run of results we’ve ever had, all the merrier!

Also, I praised them when they did will just like I praised Downing who I also was against signing and Carroll.
Carra I mostly disliked because he wasn't much of a ball player, look at Hyypia, Van Dijk, Agger that's defenders I like. Also, he had a tendency to make mistakes.
The same reason why I disliked Sakho who liked like Bambi on ice.

Henderson, I disliked because he played without confidence. Ran a lot but didn't contribute. "Passenger" was a word I frequently used.
Why did I call for a DM all those years? We got Fabinho and suddenly people started to notice. That's the type of player I wanted in DM all those years. Everyone was saying that the Henderson had to be reserved and pass sideways because he was playing in that role. Fabinho came in and showed that the position isn't all about stability, you could actually be more involved.
Just like Klopp said( yes this is what he said), Henderson saw how Fabinho played and basically learned from it and improved.
So why should I have anything against him when he's actually playing the way I like to see a midfielder play?

Thanks for the reminder about Lallana, but I didn't need it. What you say above is exactly the problem. You were never capable of making a sensible judgment about him because you'd already made your mind up in advance of the evidence.

Ditto with the other players. You praised them when you thought they did well (always after the rest of the forum had already been complimentary about them), but strangely enough that happened far less than it did with other posters, and the reason for that was that you were biased from the beginning and rarely if ever capable of judging them according to what actually happened on the pitch. You try and cover your tracks now by putting up these cobbled-together "explanations", but there was no sign of them at the time.

Thanks for the reminder about Lallana, but I didn't need it. What you say above is exactly the problem. You were never capable of making a sensible judgment about him because you'd already made your mind up in advance of the evidence.

Ditto with the other players. You praised them when you thought they did well (always after the rest of the forum had already been complimentary about them), but strangely enough that happened far less than it did with other posters, and the reason for that was that you were biased from the beginning and rarely if ever capable of judging them according to what actually happened on the pitch. You try and cover your tracks now by putting up these cobbled-together "explanations", but there was no sign of them at the time.
No I believe the reason is because they were English. If I was coming down on foreign player it would have been just fine.

Also, I praised them when they did well just like I praised Downing who I also was against signing and Carroll.

Why did I call for a DM all those years? We got Fabinho and suddenly people started to notice. That's the type of player I wanted in DM all those years. Everyone was saying that Henderson had to be reserved and pass sideways because he was playing in that role. Fabinho came in and showed that the position isn't all about stability, you could actually be more involved.

Carragher made a few mistakes, as has every other footballer ever. He definitely had no more of a tendency for them than anyone else. He wasn't the best on the ball, but would you rather he be decent on the ball but shit at defending like somebody like John Stones?

Carragher made a few mistakes, as has every other footballer ever. He definitely had no more of a tendency for them than anyone else. He wasn't the best on the ball, but would you rather he be decent on the ball but shit at defending like somebody like John Stones?
Obviously no, but it's not either black or white. I don't agree about the mistakes, he made some real clangers back in the day. I don't want to be any more of a dick and list them off the top of my head. I get the fact that he's a cult hero, he just wasn't my cup of tea. While Arsenal had Keown and Adams, Man U had Stam, Rio and Vidic, Chelsea had Terry and Carvalho, I always thought we were a step behind, but Carra had a few superb seasons, especially between 2004-2009.

You rated Lucas, who is the worst footballer to ever play so many games for Liverpool or stay as long, as any other player in our history

And your assertion that you do not have an anti-Scouser or English bias is as risible as your entire Forum persona. So, to be kind, you can fuck off with that shit.

Carragher is a fine bell weather for that, and you demean yourself by pretending it wasn't an issue, when we all know it was. So, again, fuck off.

You rated Lucas, who is the worst footballer to ever play so many games for Liverpool or stay as long, as any other player in our history

And your assertion that you do not have an anti-Scouser or English bias is as risible as your entire Forum persona. So, to be kind, you can fuck off with that shit.

Carragher is a fine bell weather for that, and you demean yourself by pretending it wasn't an issue, when we all know it was. So, again, fuck off.
Yes I did rate Lucas and despite you're obvious hyperbole about his lack of abilities he was a decent footballer.
You can grand stand all you want about Lucas but 5 manager rated him. Klopp didn't even want to sell him.
The part about English players is still bullshit.
Lastly, if Lucas is one of the worst footballers who have ever played for Liverpool, certainly you'd be able to spot one of the best attackers who's ever played for Liverpool, who helped us win 3 trophies, like you yourself said about Henderson.
So no I'm not gonna "fuck off".

Yes I did rate Lucas and despite you're obvious hyperbole about his lack of abilities he was a decent footballer.
You can grand stand all you want about Lucas but 5 manager rated him. Klopp didn't even want to sell him.
The part about English players is still bullshit.
Lastly, if Lucas is one of the worst footballers who have ever played for Liverpool, certainly you'd be able to spot one of the best attackers who's ever played for Liverpool, who helped us win 3 trophies, like you yourself said about Henderson.
So no I'm not gonna "fuck off".

Re: Carra, Lucas, and Hendo (when not at his best), many seem to undervalue their character and intangibles on the pitch.

Carra was an organizer and a captain in the back even if not as gifted physically or with same talent as others. We missed him when not in the team. And, he forgot his mistakes quickly as required by a CB

Lucas was consistent, persistent, unflappable when facing pressure on the field and criticism off of it. He just got on with it, set a positive example and was respected by his peers.

And, Hendo has taken these traits to another level, showing great leadership on and off the field, while continually reinventing hisself as a player.

Everyone was calling him shite after the manure game. He'd had a few stinkers on the trot and got hooked after about 75 mins. Keita came on, played far better, and started the move that got us back into the game. His stats were far better too and I remember the age old Henderson debate kicking off on here again. He's doing very well now but he still goes through phases of being shit, one of which only ended a month ago, so let's at least be realistic about him.

So in a side that hasn't lost in a year, that's won the CL, Super Cup and WCC, he was shite up until last month? Jordan Henderson who's played just about as many games as anyone in the side, Jordan Henderson who's forever going to be out the side once that Keita/Ox/Shaqiri/Fabinho/whoeverthefuckelse is in the team?

I don't criticise players without reason. Hendo has been superb lately, looking like a different player for about two months. Just one thing, I feel like reminding people that he's not 24 years old, he's 29 turning 30 in the summer. It's taken him 7 years give or take a year to reach the level he's at now.
I'm all for being patient, but that's zen level patience.

Bollocks.

It hasn't taken him 7 years to reach this level at all. When we lost the league under Rodgers, we arguably lost it when he got sent off against City, he was that crucial to the way we were playing. The games we played after that went tits up in his absence.

Some gobshites love re-writing history on here. Oh he's been shit until a month ago. Fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom