• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Just to brighten up your weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM are totally fucked anyway, they'd probably be looking for a way out regardless of how well United are doing.

Are Chevrolet the Vauxhall cars of America? They paid silly money at time for the contract. United are still a big brand, I can see them signing a similar deal with another company

Wasnt there something about it being reduced in value if they were out two concecutive years of the CL?

Yeah as if that was ever going to get renewed anyway they were never going to match that deal let alone get close to it , has fuck all to do with utd performances

I think I also read Adidas will pay less as Man United have not qualified for the Champions League

Yeah just read that. If they do get a new deal of that magnitude, Woodward will be employed for life. So almost hope they do.
Yep. Whilst it means Utd will almost certainly never get to the lows we got to after 90 when we stopped winning trophies every year, the fact that they're making money is actually preventing them fixing their problems.

Quite simply, they have owners who are perfectly happy with the team not winning shit provided they're making money for them. They'll even throw a couple hundred million at players every year to keep the fans filling their coffers, they just won't give Woodward the boot cos he can run the business side well.

And yet, somehow, those fuckers are still linked with this nonsense:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...nited-expect-to-break-world-record-shirt-deal
That sounds just like media spin to me-- Unite expect this, expect that with enough statistics to make the point (1.1 billion fans worldwide?)

By the way, the GM executive who signed that deal was immediately sacked. It was bad value for money from the get go whether Man U had been winning titles during that time.

The guy who signed the deal for GM was sacked the day after after they realised they were paying more than double AON were.

Their commercial downfall could be epic if any of these renewals are in the next couple of years. I'd love to see the impact of no-CL on their corporate boxes and they are definitely going to start losing big name deals. It is just a shame that they locked in Adidas for such a long period - hopefully Chevrolet/DHL look to jump ship soon. The downward spiral from lower revenues meaning lower wage allowance etc could be fantastic to watch.

I think he got sacked and then discovered he had an amazingly powerful golf swing (even though he wanted to play hockey) and went on to win the Tour championship, pipping Shooter McGavin to the title. I'm sure that's the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom