• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kai Havertz asks to leave Bayer Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Havertz has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.
And Chelsea also bought Ziyech.
City bought some Brasilian right back.

Regarding the Havertz deal. Its quite telling about the transfer market that the only club willing to meet the 80 mill valuation is Chelsea. Even though Havertz would be a fantastic signing for so many top clubs in Europe, no one will meet the valuation given the climate in the financial market.

Both those signings were agreed well before the Covid 19 pandemic. Same with most transfers in Italy and Spain, bar Icardi to PSG and Hakimi to Inter and the crazy swap with Artur and Pjanic. Nearly all of them are loans with mandatory fees.

Regarding the Havertz deal. Its quite telling about the transfer market that the only club willing to meet the 80 mill valuation is Chelsea. Even though Havertz would be a fantastic signing for so many top clubs in Europe, no one will meet the valuation given the climate in the financial market.

Both those signings were agreed well before the Covid 19 pandemic. Same with most transfers in Italy and Spain, bar Icardi to PSG and Hakimi to Inter and the crazy swap with Artur and Pjanic. Nearly all of them are loans with mandatory fees.

Both Havertz and Werner were not agreed before the pandemic.

Or did you mean Ziyech and?

It's not about signing players it's about losing generational talents to our rivals.

They are good players but not the only ones.

I’m repeating myself on this. We do not know how much money we have to spend. Nobody really knows how much they have to spend. Empty stadia will have enormous impact on every club apart from the obvious 2. Playing 10 games behind closed doors creates a £35 million black hole in our expected finances. We don’t have cash in the bank from season tickets to put down first instalments. We aren’t selling fringe players to lower clubs because they are in the same boat.

We won’t see any real moves in the market until clubs know when they can get fans back in the ground right through the football pyramid.

Yes, we do have prize money coming in but that will be allocated against expenses such as wages and remaining instalments of player purchases.

So can everyone calm down.

Important to beat Chelsea next week

Lets hope that both We and Wolves do the biz against Chelsea while Utd win thier next game and Leicester beat utd on the final day drop Chelsea to 5th place, and we then sign kai havertz :)

Well.... I can dream can't I

Lets hope that both We and Wolves do the biz against Chelsea while Utd win thier next game and Leicester beat utd on the final day drop Chelsea to 5th place, and we then sign kai havertz :)

Well.... I can dream can't I
Chelsea getting a CL spot has nothing to do with Havertz picking us. We're just not willing to splash the cash.

Letting Havertz and Werner go to Chelsea is criminal. Jesus, this club frustrates me sometimes. Sitting on top of the world, PL and CL holders ready to cement our position and we do nothing to secure the future. Nothing, it's 2005-2009 again. Yeah we bought a few back then but we were penny pinching. We lost players Rafa wanted like Javi Martinez, Dani Alves, Agüero, Silva etc.

Yeah... Looks like we are repeating the same mistake over again....

Everyone knew the type of owners H&G were,they drove the club financially into the ground. Ever suppoerter was glad when FSG bought the club, but some of us warned that they were not the knights in shinng armour that people where making them out to be. If supporters thought that a massive cash injection can along with new owners, they were in for a rude wakening... Yes they would spend, or give klopp the money to spend, but only if the club made it first... VVD, Allison, on the back of sellling Coutinho...People can say that covid 19 has robbed us of gate receipts, but those receipts will flow again in time, so why not invest now and pay back that investment from those receipts down the line...

As it stands, looking at the investment that Chelsea and Utd are planing to make LFC will be fighting out 3rd/4th place next season...

We need a quality CB and quality back up striker. Lose VDD or Mane/Salah for three of four games and we will struggle

Yeah... Looks like we are repeating the same mistake over again....

Everyone knew the type of owners H&G were,they drove the club financially into the ground. Ever suppoerter was glad when FSG bought the club, but some of us warned that they were not the knights in shinng armour that people where making them out to be. If supporters thought that a massive cash injection can along with new owners, they were in for a rude wakening... Yes they would spend, or give klopp the money to spend, but only if the club made it first... VVD, Allison, on the back of sellling Coutinho...People can say that covid 19 has robbed us of gate receipts, but those receipts will flow again in time, so why not invest now and pay back that investment from those receipts down the line...

As it stands, looking at the investment that Chelsea and Utd are planing to make LFC will be fighting out 3rd/4th place next season...

We need a quality CB and quality back up striker. Lose VDD or Mane/Salah for three of four games and we will struggle
3rd, 4th ?
Nah, we'll be competing for title again, this team isn't old or bad, but we won't be able to compete on all fronts again I believe.
My worries is about the season after next and so on.

Can people stop being so hysterical when the window hasn’t even opened yet?
It is not about being "hysterical"... Spus,Utd,Chelsea, Arsenal,City all being linked with players, some of them making pre- transfer window deals to sign, and even "IF" Liverpool are linked to a player we sound drop out of the running say that we do not value the player at that price (That's transfer talk for saying that we do not have that amount of money in our transfer budget)

Instead the news LFC puts out there to deflect from our lack of movement in the transfer market is Elliot signs a long term deal , or Jones sign a long term deal.
I could understand If we were locking down Mane,VVD or Salah to long term deals then report it, but both Jones and Elliot new contracts hardly seem that bigger news

3rd, 4th ?
Nah, we'll be competing for title again, this team isn't old or bad, but we won't be able to compete on all fronts again I believe.
My worries is about the season after next and so on.

I wish that was true, But Utd Have a very good front three partnership with in Rashford,Greenwood and Martial ,and a strong midfielder in Fernandes, and players like Lingard, James, Fred and Pogba, and are still trying to bring in players

Chelsea have alreay sign Werner, Ziyech and soon to have Kia Havertz and a host of new young talent in Reece James, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic,Abraham,Mount, Gilmour, Loftus-Cheek All young playing well and will only get better

Playing againt these two teams next season will will have to be at our very best to take points of of them with the players we have now fully fit

Kante Jorginho? Kovacic Ziyech Havertz Werner.

On paper looks good but will that front 3 come in straight away and perform to their high standards they've been doing in other leagues? Who knows.

Where does that leave Pulisic? Is Ziyech an upgrade over Willian?

I wish that was true, But Utd Have a very good front three partnership with in Rashford,Greenwood and Martial ,and a strong midfielder in Fernandes, and players like Lingard, James, Fred and Pogba, and are still trying to bring in players

Chelsea have alreay sign Werner, Ziyech and soon to have Kia Havertz and a host of new young talent in Reece James, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic,Abraham,Mount, Gilmour, Loftus-Cheek All young playing well and will only get better

Playing againt these two teams next season will will have to be at our very best to take points of of them with the players we have now fully fit

Lingard.....lol

It is not about being "hysterical"... Spus,Utd,Chelsea, Arsenal,City all being linked with players, some of them making pre- transfer window deals to sign, and even "IF" Liverpool are linked to a player we sound drop out of the running say that we do not value the player at that price (That's transfer talk for saying that we do not have that amount of money in our transfer budget)

Instead the news LFC puts out there to deflect from our lack of movement in the transfer market is Elliot signs a long term deal , or Jones sign a long term deal.
I could understand If we were locking down Mane,VVD or Salah to long term deals then report it, but both Jones and Elliot new contracts hardly seem that bigger news

You are being hysterical. Being linked to a player means absolutely fuck all. It’s silly season where gobshites say player X is linked to club Y to get clicks/likes. Who knew about Fabinho before we signed in.

Why are you arsed about the club announcing new deals for players? That’s part of the clubs social media interactions. We are one of the top clubs with that and will push what we can.

We can’t spend what we don’t have so don’t worry about not buying 28 players in the close season. Just wait and see what happens.

Calm down will you.

Amen. People need to just chilax. The window is open for a few months I'm sure once things become clearer as to how much money we project to have for nxt season.

Kante Jorginho? Kovacic Ziyech Havertz Werner.

On paper looks good but will that front 3 come in straight away and perform to their high standards they've been doing in other leagues? Who knows.

Where does that leave Pulisic? Is Ziyech an upgrade over Willian?

Yes iT is a head, the choice of players, but It is a ggod head to have, just like City strength in dept and game changers

Think they are also sell Kante for big money to PSG... Could be wrong

That's the point. Most club do, yes not all the time, but they get money, or extra money from the owners, Utd have been doing it for decades and planing to do it this coming window

Who spends tens of millions that they don’t have and stay at the top table? I’ll list them for you.

City
PSG

The two biggest cheats who got away with it because of UEFA’s ineptitude.

The only thing Man U get from their owners is rinsed through dividends.

Who spends tens of millions that they don’t have and stay at the top table? I’ll list them for you.

City
PSG

The two biggest cheats who got away with it because of UEFA’s ineptitude.

The only thing Man U get from their owners is rinsed through dividends.

I won't depute that, but I thing you missed the point... FSG could advance LFC/klopp funds and take it back from the gate receipts over the next two or three seasons. Let Klopp buy the likes of Kia Haverts, Sancho, Werner etc, at this rate we will end up with a team of old players. Mark my words it 3rd or 4th place at best next season

..............................Kepa
Azpilicueta.....Zouma....Rudiger.....Alonso
............................Kante
...............Havertz.......Mount
Ziyech.................Werner............Pulisic

You'd assume they'll be in for 1 or 2 defenders aswell. Abramovic obviously fancies another go at the league with that backing. Few players there that Klopp wanted.

Mark my words it 3rd or 4th place at best next season

Why would the team with:-
  1. the best goalie in the world
  2. the best centre half in the world
  3. fullbacks as good as any in the world
  4. an attack as good as any in the world
  5. the best defensive midfielder in the league
  6. the best defence in the league
not be challenging for the league again?

I won't depute that, but I thing you missed the point... FSG could advance LFC/klopp funds and take it back from the gate receipts over the next two or three seasons. Let Klopp buy the likes of Kia Haverts, Sancho, Werner etc, at this rate we will end up with a team of old players. Mark my words it 3rd or 4th place at best next season

Getting a loan to fix lost income isn’t a reasonable strategy. This could fall foul from FFP (sniggers). The further issue is reducing future spending. Repaying a loan over 3 or 4 years would impede our spending on those seasons.

As a whole or first 11-13 players are sound. Would easily make top 2. Our issues lie with the squad players. This is why we should wait to see how the market reacts. Other clubs may need to offload certain players that would improve our overall squad.

There is no need getting knickers in a twist over not getting the top top players now. I’d rather have as much available in 2-3 years when Mané and Salah will have to be replaced.

Chelsea need to buy as many players as they can before Abromovich and his money gets banned from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom