• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kane out for 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) their defense, despite two bloody dodgy fullbacks, is still probably the best in England ... They'll be tough to beat.
b) Janssen is a good player ... We'll see how good he is in the coming 2 months.

Good news for us.

Might get Sturridge fired up to take the striking position for England too.

Great news.

Kane has scored 20+ Premiership goals in each of the last two seasons, twice as many as our top goalscorer has managed in a season, and they usually finish above us every year, so anything to weaken them is most welcome.

Great news.

Kane has scored 20+ Premiership goals in each of the last two seasons, twice as many as our top goalscorer has managed in a season, and they usually finish above us every year, so anything to weaken them is most welcome.
Usually finish above us every year?
They have finished above us 5 times in 20 years.
So not 'usually' every season then.

Couldnt care less to be honest. Just concentrate on our own team. This sort of stuff is jinxy bollocks.

Happy days

He scores so many match winning goals for them.

To finish top four we are going to need teams to suffer, West Ham already look goosed, Leicester are off the pace and Utd are starting to wobble.

Usually finish above us every year?
They have finished above us 5 times in 20 years.
So not 'usually' every season then.

Except for the season where we challenged for the title, I think they finished above us every year since 2011. So usually they finish above us is quite correct.

Except for the season where we challenged for the title, I think they finished above us every year since 2011. So usually they finish above us is quite correct.
OK so the league started in 2011 then.
Wipe the record books whilst we're at it.

OK so the league started in 2011 then.
Wipe the record books whilst we're at it.

Actually they finished above us 6 times in the last 7 seasons. I think in that context, Spurs finish above us usually can be used.

Actually they finished above us 6 times in the last 7 seasons. I think in that context, Spurs finish above us usually can be used.
Any statement can be used in context.
But in terms of top division football they usually don't.

Thing about Spurs is I thought their midfield scored loads of goals, but last season Kane scored as many as Erikson, Lamela, Dele Ali and Chadli added together. So this is good.

Thing about Spurs is I thought their midfield scored loads of goals, but last season Kane scored as many as Erikson, Lamela, Dele Ali and Chadli added together. So this is good.

Ali Delli Alli got 10 Premiership goals, which is very impressive for a 20 year old midfielder in his first season. In any seaosn really. Eriksen got 5 or 6. Lamela about the same.

I think Dembele and Sissoko should contribute more, but there's certainly an awful lot of pressure on Kane to get goals. Wonder how good the Jansen bloke is?

Alli has also looked a bit out of sorts so far. Seems to be a bit of a cunt so you wonder if he has started to believe his own hype.
Will be interesting to see how he develops during the season.
Eriksen will certainly get some goals and Lamela the same.
Sissoko scored 1 goal last season.

I havent been that impressed by Janssen yet. His hold up play has been good but his finishing has been poor.
They will be dependent on him for the next 2 months so he has to step up. No doubt that he's talented mind.

Janssen had an excellent goalscoring record in Holland, and as we all know, sometimes that translates, and sometimes it doesn't. Let's hope he's a Kezman rather than a Suarez.

I'd be more happy if Aguero, KDB and Silva were out for that length of time. It's gonna be such a bitch if we come 2nd again with a high points total, because Pep just had to come in and win the title in his first season (same with Pellegrini's first season). We'll be saying "in any other season, we'd have won it" again. Urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom