• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kasper Schmeichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's massively improved over a short period of time, I think he's better than what we currently have - and he could end up as a real top drawer 'keeper -

24373bb7780b5d4c964eed9421362ee6.png

ec8a6706a896ebe0b226e663040f7a16.jpg

745f51b5eb9ba2fc2e1b21482f076de5.jpg

4d8081489e58be810b33910420ee1d9d.jpg

Type of goalie we need.

One that oozes confidence, makes a minimum of mistakes, a leader on and off the pitch and brilliant with his feet and long throws. Makes his fair share of world class saves too.

Will move to a top club soon and they'll be set in that department for the next 5-6 years.

Don't understand why anyone would be against this..

His dad was a big Liverpool fan who practically begged the club to sign him (Peter) when he was a teenager, so it would be rather ironic if we now signed his son. I'm a bit surprised the reaction is so lukewarm, he looked really strong last season - very commanding and decisive in his area, a good organiser of his back four, and pretty quick and good distribution, too. I wouldn't mind at all if we went for him.

Not sure about this one at all.

He's carved out a decent career but i don't think he's a significant enough improvement on Mignolet. In fact they're probably similar enough keepers too - shot stoppers, not great on crosses and if you care about distribution, Kasper doesn't seem to find many teammates with the ball.

He's conceded plenty this season already and all the advanced metrics (in particular Expected goals) pointed to Leicester being the luckiest team team in the league. So i am hesitant to read anything into his form last season.

I think he's a really good keeper, far better than what we have now, but I take a bit of a North Korean approach to manc crimes.

Leicester did magnificently well last season but that was partly the result of every last little thing lining up in their favour, leading to a number of their players having the season of their lives. I'd be concerned that Schmeichel might have been one of them. He's a more than decent keeper but I'm not at all persuaded that he's enough of an upgrade on what we've got (if indeed he's an upgrade at all) to make this a deal we need to do.

I think he's a really good keeper, far better than what we have now, but I take a bit of a North Korean approach to manc crimes.

What do you mean? You want to execute him by tying him to a stake and throwing hand grenades at him? If so, I say that's extreme.

What do you mean? You want to execute him by tying him to a stake and throwing hand grenades at him? If so, I say that's extreme.

I could be persuaded, but I was more on about how dissidents children and grandchildren get jailed for life for their ancestor's crimes.

Type of goalie we need.

One that oozes confidence, makes a minimum of mistakes, a leader on and off the pitch and brilliant with his feet and long throws. Makes his fair share of world class saves too.

Will move to a top club soon and they'll be set in that department for the next 5-6 years.

I think you're talking about his old man, aren't you?

Unless you hate your children / grandchildren.

Yes but it's no less of a deterrent than it was before - I suppose you could say it's an incentive.
The more I think about it the better the idea - if they said to me if you don't don't wear your seatbelt we will massacre your family , I would probably start wearing it.

Type of goalie we need.

This is not 1992, you know. Souness dropped that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom