• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keep your fucking BILLIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos not very much, I’ve just returned today from a trade mission to Boston where I had a meeting with city mayor, Marty Walsh. I managed to weave JWH into the conversation and the mayor told me the owners have moved from seeing the club as just another part of their portfolio to having a genuine passion for it. Apparently Henry has told the mayor he has never experienced fan support of this kind and nothing he’s involved with compares to match day at Anfield. He said the support is ‘another level’ and they want to be here to reward it.

Perhaps just a bit of Boston PR and nothing terribly interesting but I thought I’d share it anyway.

It's nuts. We're on pace for 100 points. City are similar.

It can't be sustainable can it ?

If it is, what does that say about the rest of the Premier League

It's really scary Rosco - cannot believe how hard it is at the moment - I think those in 3, 4, 5, 6 - really want the CL spots and will fight fucking hard as fuck to get those spots - there is just too much money involved and the pressure on the coaches/managers is just on another level. That said - I think City's win and their starts to the league season has meant that everyone who is a potential contender has to raise their game and consistency to another level. So strange though - I mean Arsenal have not lost a fucking game since their Chelsea/City defeat.

I know it is serious fun to enjoy our top spot for this week for the very least - but I think in December we have been in this position before under Klopp - sadly it was the year in which Chelsea won it and after leading for all of December I think - injuries screwed us up and we ended the season in 4th spot.

Klopp deserves a huge amount of respect. In terms of rebuilding a squad alone his work is as close to perfect as you get. There's only been one failure in Karius and the rest have either met or greatly surpassed our wildest expectations. Being close to the Man City machine is an achievement. Being ahead of them is mental.

There is a massive reluctance in the media to truly portray how unfair having teams like City compete for the league, but that shouldn't stop Klopp receiving a fuck tonne of praise if we fail to win it this season. I've said it before, but this team we have now would cruise the league title in much of the leagues over the last 10/15 years, IMO.

Last edited:
We've scored seven away goals in the last four days, beat Everton in the last second a week ago, top of the league after our best start since forever.

Tough crowd, I am tumescent

Liverpool are a tough crowd. The toughest maybe. Anfield has been quiet this year because it has been expectant rather than entertained. It hasn't been bewitched by bewildering footy. It has seen a top team grinding the fuck out of games for maximum points. The way we used to win in the winning days for the most part. Chelsea have seen that shit for a good while. We're not used to that at all.

We've scored seven away goals in the last four days, beat Everton in the last second a week ago, top of the league after our best start since forever.

I get what the doctor is saying - it's because we are not hounding or give the appearance of a full throttle attack from front to back that goes after the opposition and rips into teams - you know the crazy motherfucking football we have become accustomed to under Klopp in the last 2.5 seasons. Clearly it is evolution of style for the rights reasons that we have changed our ways - and I think what the good doctor is saying is that despite winning nothing under Klopp - the football has been a joy to watch in most games.

The classic feeling is that loss against United last season at Old Toilet. We lost the game - but we had them pinned back like pussies for most of the game to get an equaliser and their crowd were shitting themselves, that we would equalise we were all over them - and even after the loss the fans kept singing in the stadium. That was cool - even after losing. The current season is like we are the silent ninja's - but what is different from other seasons is the type of luck we seem to be getting - I mean the Everton game - fucking hell !!! - that goal - and the way the ball was spinning in the sky as it came down and Origi scored - that could be almost a moment like Dudek's unintended save that stopped Adre's shot in the Istanbul CL final.

How can u not get the fuck in its mad I've been going all bells in the pub

... and just 6 conceded.

So hard to take that our lead is just one point with those stats

I think this is key. The front 3/4/5 whatever may be seen as misfiring but a defence is the backbone of any league win. We tore through teams last season at times but they also tore through us. This feels different. Even our last ditch is now solid.

Anyway, one game at a time. Beat these Naples c*nts first and we'll worry about facing those other c*nts next Sunday after it.

Home Away
table.jpg

I was surprised when I saw the Away table, we are joint top scorers. Looking at City's away record gives me the small glimmer of hope that we might be able to win number 19

Now we've scored the exact same amount of league goals as at the same point last season – but conceded 14 less...

17/18 P16 W8 D6 L2 GF34 GA20 GD14 Pts30
18/19 P16 W13 D3 L0 GF34 GA6 GD28 Pts42

Breakdown of goals:
17/18: Salah 13, Firmino 5, Mane 4, Coutinho 4, Sturridge 2, Ox, Gini, Hendo, Matip, Can all 1 each, own goal 1.
18/19: Salah 10, Mane 6, Firmino 4, Milner 3, Shaqiri 3, Sturridge 2, Trent, Gini, Matip, Origi all 1 each, own goals 2.

Last edited:
I feel like At about this point last season we started quite well there was all the circus around Coutinho leaving about now that was distracting everyone. Klopp was continually asked about the defence and the keepers and if they would cost us. He defended them as well as he could but it frustrated him.

We've let in six goals so far that's ridiculous one of them was Alisson being a spaz which hasn't happened again. Until yesterday, we were the only team to stop free scoring city scoring.

Again this week is massive but over the next six games we play city, united (h) and arsenal (h). This is the real test of resilience and how we bounce back after challenging results.

The other thing that is worth noting, few seasons back with the tiny squad and injuries messed us up and we stumbled over the line. Last season we kept expecting people to break down because of the break neck speed we were playing.. And we didn't.
We've had a slow start due to the world cup but for the rest of the players Klopps intensive pre season will help them out during phases like this where it gets tough.

Its worth picking up on that point actually about us scoring the same amount, maybe the second half of last season clouded the perception of our form overall across the season, it seems that way. I seem to remember that Klopp started rotating quite heavily around the same time, we battered West Ham around the same time and then it was onwards and upwards in terms of form and goals scored. Hopefully that's a sign in terms of fitness combined with form, maybe that's just naturally when we really start to click, based on training, familiarity with new players, etc (I know it's not an exact science).

42 points from 16 games is insane.

Yeah. I keep looking at the table and smiling at the 'Loss 0' column, because I'm childishly delighted in staying unbeaten.

But 13 wins from our first 16 league games is astounding.

Haha! What a great weekend so far!

Last season, if I remember rightly, City had the title won around this time last year when they beat United to go 11 points clear.

This season, they're 1 point behind us!

Haha! What a great weekend so far!

Last season, if I remember rightly, City had the title won around this time last year when they beat United to go 11 points clear.

This season, they're 1 point behind us!

And 15 points ahead of United :D:D

Now we've scored the exact same amount of league goals as at the same point last season – but conceded 14 less...

17/18 P16 W8 D6 L2 GF34 GA20 GD14 Pts30
18/19 P16 W13 D3 L0 GF34 GA6 GD28 Pts42

Breakdown of goals:
17/18: Salah 13, Firmino 5, Mane 4, Coutinho 4, Sturridge 2, Ox, Gini, Hendo, Matip, Can all 1 each, own goal 1.
18/19: Salah 10, Mane 6, Firmino 4, Milner 3, Shaqiri 3, Sturridge 2, Trent, Gini, Matip, Origi all 1 each, own goals 2.
@rurikbird - what has been our league position at this time under Klopp in previous seasons ?

Martin keown

"I think city will be too strong for Liverpool over the season but I'm sticking with my prediction that Liverpool will win the league"

What a pundit
Didn't he actually say Liverpool was his first choice but he felt over the course of a season, Man City would be too strong? And he is sticking to that prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom