• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Liverpool being good always have to coincide with the worst type of tory snide cunt of a govt being in power? Why is God like this?
Did you see what I said above?

I woke up this morning and I was like oh fuck, someone made a deal

Quite a few of our key players will be past their prime by 2022.
Perhaps it would have been difficult for Klopp to recruit replacements if he only had a short time left on his contract.
He should be in a position to pretty much rebuild the current team by 2024 and not leave us in a mess similar to Ferguson did with Man U
Yes, I've been worrying about precisely this. Really looking forward to see how Klopp (ably assisted by Edwards) reshapes this team over the coming years.

Mentioning Edwards, I hope we've also given him an ace contract. Klopp's words here suggest he has been a big part of him feeling supported at the club, and he's just negotiated Klopp's extension after a hit list of superb deals for the club. Thank you Michael, you legend!

Now we all know why the Pep having exit clause news broke today...... I guess our club had already informed them first about Klopp's extension before making it public. :)

Yes, I've been worrying about precisely this. Really looking forward to see how Klopp (ably assisted by Edwards) reshapes this team over the coming years.

Mentioning Edwards, I hope we've also given him an ace contract. Klopp's words here suggest he has been a big part of him feeling supported at the club, and he's just negotiated Klopp's extension after a hit list of superb deals for the club. Thank you Michael, you legend!
I'm not overly worried about this. Top players tend to be productive till they're about 31-32.

Our best players (van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Alisson, Matip) are all in the 27-28 age bracket, so you'd expect that they have another 3 very good years left to give.

Fabinho is 26, Chamberlain is 26, Robertson is 25, Origi and Minamino are 24, Trent is 21.

So that looks like a core that should be solid enough till 2024.

The ones we need to think about replacing within a year or 18 months are Lovren, Wijnaldum, Henderson who'll all be 30 soon.

Though we do have a nice crop of youngsters who might be able to step up in those positions - Gomez, Hoever, Grujic, Curtis Jones and Elliott.

All in all, what you'll see over the next year or two in terms of signings will be a CB to replace Lovren, a CM to replace Henderson / Wijnaldum and a top class young wing-forward to eventually take over from Salah / Mane.

I think how City managed their squad through this decade should be a model. 4 titles in a decade. A core of Kompany, Yaya Toure, Silva and Aguero were the initial constants. But they were smart enough in 2014 and 2015 to add top young talents in De Bruyne and Sterling, who became the main catalysts for the later two titles.

So hopefully in 2020-21, we will add our own de Bruyne (Aouar perhaps) and our own Sterling (Sancho perhaps).

He's unbelievable. How on Earth did get over 30 million from Bournemouth for Ibe and Solanke?

So hopefully in 2020-21, we will add our own de Bruyne (Aouar perhaps) and our own Sterling (Sancho perhaps).
Not sure why the need for Sterling when we have Mane and Salah, and now Minamino. We don't have to add those types of players, we only need Klopp to be Klopp.

He already instructed his staffers to leak out the news about him having a secret exit clause by end of this season. Do you think he's ok with this news? :)
I thought I heard someone screaming from the Manchester area this morning but I wasn't sure if it was a blue or a red Manc.

[article]Jurgen Klopp once said he could never be Liverpool's Sir Alex Ferguson or even their Arsene Wenger as he set out his future vision.

Instead he will be their new Bob Paisley, with his new contract making him the club's longest-serving manager since the three-time European Cup winner retired in 1983.

If he fulfills the two-year extension he will become the joint-fourth longest-serving boss in the club's history.

He is the 12th manager at the club since Bill Shankly took charge in 1959. The Scot managed for 15 years as he transformed the club into a powerhouse of English football.

He handed the reins over to his assistant, Paisley, who continued the work of his predecessor between 1974 and 1983.

But since Paisley's nine-year stint, no Liverpool manager has gone over the six years that Kenny Dalglish oversaw between 1985 and 1991.

Both Gerard Houllier and Rafa Benitez matched that total but failed to kick on as their tenures reached a natural end.

Unsurprisingly it's Roy Hodgson who is the shortest-serving manager in the club's entire history, sacked after just 31 games in charge between 2010 and 2011.

Speaking to Liverpool's official website, Klopp said: 'For me personally this is a statement of intent, one which is built on my knowledge of what we as a partnership have achieved so far and what is still there for us to achieve.

'When I see the development of the club and the collaborative work that continues to take place, I feel my contribution can only grow.

'People see what happens on the pitch as a measure of our progress and although it is the best measure, it's not the only measure. I have seen the commitment from ownership through to every aspect and function of the club you can think of.

'When the call came in autumn 2015, I felt we were perfect for each other; if anything, now I feel I underestimated that. It is only with a total belief that the collaboration remains totally complementary on both sides that I am able to make this commitment to 2024.

'If I didn't I would not be re-signing. This club is in such a good place, I couldn't contemplate leaving.

'I must also highlight the role of our sporting director, Michael Edwards, in this journey so far. His input and collaboration has been just as important as anyone else's in getting us into a position to compete for the game's top titles.

'For anyone in football who aspires to compete in an environment where every element of the organisation is at its very best – from the support of the supporters to the vision of the owners – there can be no better place than this.' [/article]

Why does Liverpool being good always have to coincide with the worst type of tory snide cunt of a govt being in power? Why is God like this?
images

This bit is absolutely fantastic and we really do need to applaud our owners (sorry, Lizards to some) :

'When the call came in autumn 2015, I felt we were perfect for each other; if anything, now I feel I underestimated that. It is only with a total belief that the collaboration remains totally complementary on both sides that I am able to make this commitment to 2024.

Woke up this morning to the most miserable day, having fallen asleep around 3am with a glass of whisky not believing what I was watching on BBC.

Then this news - wow!

And then I got a call and a job offer

So all in all there are two very bright silver linings to what started as the shittest of shit days.

And now I can genuinely tell people who ask how I'm enjoying my @retirement@ to fuck off ... there's life in this old git yet

Edit - and I can afford a keyboard that doesn't have an @ where the " is meant to be!

Last edited:
Heard the news in the car at around 11.30 on the way to pick up my son from Nursery.

I think a little bit of sex wee came out as I said YESSSS at the top of my voice..

Yesterday Milamino
Today Klopp
Tomorrow?

Woke up this morning to the most miserable day, having fallen asleep around 3am with a glass of whisky not believing what I was watching on BBC.

Then this news - wow!

So all in all there are two very bright silver linings to what started as the shittest of shit days.

And now I can genuinely tell people who ask how I'm enjoying my @retirement@ to fuck off ... there's life in this old git yet
Great news mate! well in!

I think that Chris Bascombe tweet makes a lot of sense and I bet it's true. If the Reds are making enquiries about certain players then it would be perfectly natural for the player to ask how long is Klopp staying for. I mean he is the best manager in the world. He is a massive part of the pulling power we now have. I might be reading into it a lot but that sort of assurance would almost certainly come from top top players. World class players. Exciting times.

Wow today has been a good day. I sold a script to a theatre production company. Earlier on my buddy just signed his first record contract on the strength of an album I played on and then Klopp signing up just plonked a massive cherry on top of it all. :)

Then this news - wow!

Edit - and I can afford a keyboard that doesn't have an @ where the " is meant to be!
Friday the 13th man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom