• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Loves Bobby and Mo Too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treboeth

Very Active
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...-jurgen-klopp-makes-17676687#comments-section
[article]
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes Roberto Firmino claim and addresses Mohamed Salah accusation
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has saluted Roberto Firmino and spoken about recent comments regarding Mohamed Salah.
Jurgen Klopp has hailed the "unique" Roberto Firmino has he dismissed suggestions Mohamed Salah has been too selfish for Liverpool this season.
Firmino contributed three assists as the Reds romped to a 4-0 home win over Southampton on Saturday to open up an astonishing 22-point gap at the top of the Premier League
It continued his fine form of recent months, with the Brazilian having netted winners in both games in the FIFA Club World Cup along with deciding goals at Tottenham Hotspur and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
While still without a goal at Anfield this season, Firmino has 10 on the road and has now created 12 for his team-mates, surpassing his tally for last season and only five behind his total for 2017/18.
And asked if he had ever seen a number nine like Firmino, Klopp said: "No. Arsene Wenger said he is unique? He is. He is just exceptional, a very football smart person, obviously.
"In the first half, in between a really tight formation of Southampton, the way he drops and keeps the ball, how he makes things happen is very special, absolutely.
Then even a player like Bobby needs an address where he can send the ball, because he can not take the ball and turn and run alone.
"How he uses the skills of his mates is special. I do not know a player like him, that is true.
"A selfless number nine? Yes but surprisingly he had to catch up assist-wise with the other boys. Until Saturday I think he was behind the other boys and now he has more.
"The good thing is he never stops being greedy to score himself in the right moment, or to pass to the guy in a better position."
Firmino created goals for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jordan Henderson and Mohamed Salah's second of the game, helping take the Egyptian on to 18 for the season.
Salah was criticised recently in some quarters for being too greedy, but Klopp has dismissed such accusations.
"People were talking about Mo Salah," he said. "Mo was never selfish, or more selfish than he should be.
"A striker in the right position... we have seen goals from Mo where he scores in between four players and finds the roof of the goal. Then when you do not score people say you should have passed here or there.
"Life is not that easy. On Saturday he was very unselfish and he got the balls (passes) back, so he could score. Offensively - all around - it was really tough game. I was not angry at half-time, thinking, ‘how can it be we struggle against Southampton?’
“They have a super set-up and if we had some problems other teams would have a lot of problems because what they do now is pretty special.”
[/article]

Bobby is so fucking amazing.

Unmentioned in the goal from Salah to make it 3-0 (i think) is the beautiful dummy Firmino plays dragging the player to him and opening the channel for Henderson to run into from Alisson's kick. Just a marvelous player for us.

Bobby is so fucking amazing.

Unmentioned in the goal from Salah to make it 3-0 (i think) is the beautiful dummy Firmino plays dragging the player to him and opening the channel for Henderson to run into from Alisson's kick. Just a marvelous player for us.
You mention Ali, what a GK he is. I wonder how many goals he has had an involvement in? Best GK since Schmeichel, probably even better.

You mention Ali, what a GK he is. I wonder how many goals he has had an involvement in? Best GK since Schmeichel, probably even better.

This team is just incredible when you think about the fact that Firmino is the first line of defence and Allison is the first line of attack.

1 to 11 everybody is always looking to do more than their traditional role, no passengers. We have fullbacks that can play as wingers, midfielders that are auxiliary centre backs one minute and breaking into the penalty area the next. We have centre backs that can hit 50 yard defense splitting passes or surge upfield and provide an extra attacker. We have the most dangerous front 3 in the world and they will still chase you all the way back to their own corner flag to put a tackle in, and a goalkeeper who is playing as a quarterback.

How the fuck do you even begin to think about stopping a team like that?

This team is just incredible when you think about the fact that Firmino is the first line of defence and Allison is the first line of attack.

1 to 11 everybody is always looking to do more than their traditional role, no passengers. We have fullbacks that can play as wingers, midfielders that are auxiliary centre backs one minute and breaking into the penalty area the next. We have centre backs that can hit 50 yard defense splitting passes or surge upfield and provide an extra attacker. We have the most dangerous front 3 in the world and they will still chase you all the way back to their own corner flag to put a tackle in, and a goalkeeper who is playing as a quarterback.

How the fuck do you even begin to think about stopping a team like that?
Well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom