• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlv

Active
1 We have more injuries than any other team not just this season but consistently
2 Too much reliance is then made on the medical team for when they should play, we seem overly cautious, but he still doesn't help
3 Playing players not match ready why haven't the likes of Jones and Ox played for the U23's
4 Too much rotation 5 changes every game is a joke and therefore no consistency
5 Failing to bring in players. We have no players aged 24/29 in midfield everyone saw the problem that was coming apart from him so it would seem. It is an absolute joke to say no players were available that could have helped us as.
6 The players are continually going out with the wrong attitude. The selection today was arrogant and the whole team was complacent and just thought they would win without putting in a performance and it has happened to many times this season.

1 We have more injuries than any other team not just this season but consistently
2 Too much reliance is then made on the medical team for when they should play, we seem overly cautious, but he still doesn't help
3 Playing players not match ready why haven't the likes of Jones and Ox played for the U23's
4 Too much rotation 5 changes every game is a joke and therefore no consistency
5 Failing to bring in players. We have no players aged 24/29 in midfield everyone saw the problem that was coming apart from him so it would seem. It is an absolute joke to say no players were available that could have helped us as.
6 The players are continually going out with the wrong attitude. The selection today was arrogant and the whole team was complacent and just thought they would win without putting in a performance and it has happened to many times this season.
Have you looked at the trophy cabinet? Have some respect. We know the club fucked up in the summer, nothing can be done about it till the winter. We've lost 3 strikers within the space of a few games. We have a DM a shadow of himself and a RB who seems he can't run 5 yards, and shrugs his shoulder alot.
He rotates the squad because the games are coming thick and fast.
I told you whinging shitbags expect more results like this until Klopp gets two MFs and a RB at least.

It has nothing to do with respect.
Klopp is not above criticism, and he has to take some liability for the attitude of the players.

Klopp is not above criticism, and he has to take some liability for the attitude of the players.
They knew they needed a MF, even bid close to €80m on one instead we end up with a crock who was already injured during the transfer.
As I said there is fuck all that can be done about it other than changing who starts the match thread

1 fair point and possibly due to overly hard pre season training

2 contradictory towards 1

3 they’re needed in the first team asap

4 needed due to fixture list

5 blame the owners

6 not sure about attitude being an issue. But yes, mentally there’s an issue

One complain I have about Klopp is he's too much of a yes man to FSG (or at least it appears to be). They are not infallible - he doesn't have to do a Rafa but always coming out with reasons/excuses for them (remember the injured player comes back = like a new signing quote repeated ever so often?) doesn't help. I wonder if he regrets signing the contract extension.

E.g.: (I don't think Klopp is inferior to arm chair fans. Surely, he didn't really 100% mean it when he said things like these?)
[article]“He was the most consistently available player. I don’t think you have to hide the relationship I had with Gini and how much I love his way of play and how reliable he was. But he’s not here anymore,” Klopp said in his pre-match press conference.

“So you tell me if you would sign a midfielder and tell me the name and I’ll think about it.

“I am really interested. We can count our midfielders and you can tell me if we need to replace Gini Wijnaldum.

“We have so far, Thiago and Henderson have not been involved in pre-season, we played quite a few games with Milner, Naby Keita and Harvey.

“We have another midfield which played the second game [vs. Osasuna] with Oxlade, Fabinho and Curtis Jones – another player who can and will make the next step, an exceptional talent.

“Now you tell me which player we need. I am not angry or annoyed – I am really interested – which kind of player do you think we should sign?

“Should he score more goals than Gini, should he defend better than Fab, should he be more creative than Naby, Curtis, Ox, Harvey? What do you want?”[/article]

Another e.g.: (and we went scrambling on transfer deadline)
[article]“I cannot go to the owners and say: ‘Without that we cannot win anything.’ We have to make the best of it, and that is what we have always done. It’s not that nobody wants [a new central defender]; the question is if we can.”

Klopp insists Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owner, shares his desire to strengthen in central defence but should not jeopardise the club’s finances in the notoriously difficult January market.

“In good times everybody thinks our owners are really generous and in bad times everyone thinks they are really tight, but they are not,” he said. “They are absolutely concerned about the club and the success of the club and understand how we have it.

“They see exactly the same things I see about the necessity to sign players and things like this.

“It is not that I say: ‘A centre-half would be really nice,’ and they say: ‘Wow, a centre-half? Really? Why?’ It’s all clear. It’s all on the table. We work on it, as you can imagine, but January is not the easiest transfer window and on top of that it is not having the money exactly as you want.”[/article]

Last edited:
Surely The word is responsibility not liability

Yes this is what we need, more let's start threads pointing the finger at klopp. Another idiot shout that "klopp should fuck off" in the match and anyone could have picked a stronger side than he did... If results don't pick up soon these same idiots will soon be the first ones shouting for his head. Can you imagine the shit show if we finish 7th or 8th this season... Let's be honest that is a distinct possibility atm

Reactions: Raz
Another thing we've been missing is lack of consistency. Jarring changes from match to match. Those who have impressed should have a proper chance to earn their place on merit, not dropped immediately for the same lacklustre starters who flatter to deceive. What kind of message are we sending? Enough is enough.

Bluebell to start the next match thread.

Biggest issue with Klopp this season is his substitutions. They are atrocious, I don't know what he's doing but they've directly cos us points in multiple games.

That's the only complaint I have of Klopp really. His way of managing the squad this season has cost us points no doubt. It does look like we going all in on the CL.

More people seem to venture on this forum when we lose than when we win..strange as fuck imo.
Amazin how people relish a good fucking moan

More people seem to venture on this forum when we lose than when we win..strange as fuck imo.
Amazin how people relish a good fucking moan

It's not strange at all. People need to vent. That's just human nature.

I probably read / post a more when we win because I just can't deal with football when we play badly or lose - particularly when it's the same 'ol story and there isn't much left to be said about it.

But I absolutely get the need to get pissed off and rant.

Surely The word is responsibility not liability

Yes this is what we need, more let's start threads pointing the finger at klopp. Another idiot shout that "klopp should fuck off" in the match and anyone could have picked a stronger side than he did... If results don't pick up soon these same idiots will soon be the first ones shouting for his head. Can you imagine the shit show if we finish 7th or 8th this season... Let's be honest that is a distinct possibility atm

Bless, have a ‘like’.

I agree with everything but the last point. I think the players are trying their best [emoji817] but you can see that confidence is at a low point and they are second guessing themselves now rather than playing on instinct.

One complain I have about Klopp is he's too much of a yes man to FSG (or at least it appears to be). They are not infallible - he doesn't have to do a Rafa but always coming out with reasons/excuses for them (remember the injured player comes back = like a new signing quote repeated ever so often?) doesn't help. I wonder if he regrets signing the contract extension.

E.g.: (I don't think Klopp is inferior to arm chair fans. Surely, he didn't really 100% mean it when he said things like these?)
[article]“He was the most consistently available player. I don’t think you have to hide the relationship I had with Gini and how much I love his way of play and how reliable he was. But he’s not here anymore,” Klopp said in his pre-match press conference.

“So you tell me if you would sign a midfielder and tell me the name and I’ll think about it.

“I am really interested. We can count our midfielders and you can tell me if we need to replace Gini Wijnaldum.

“We have so far, Thiago and Henderson have not been involved in pre-season, we played quite a few games with Milner, Naby Keita and Harvey.

“We have another midfield which played the second game [vs. Osasuna] with Oxlade, Fabinho and Curtis Jones – another player who can and will make the next step, an exceptional talent.

“Now you tell me which player we need. I am not angry or annoyed – I am really interested – which kind of player do you think we should sign?

“Should he score more goals than Gini, should he defend better than Fab, should he be more creative than Naby, Curtis, Ox, Harvey? What do you want?”[/article]

Another e.g.: (and we went scrambling on transfer deadline)
[article]“I cannot go to the owners and say: ‘Without that we cannot win anything.’ We have to make the best of it, and that is what we have always done. It’s not that nobody wants [a new central defender]; the question is if we can.”

Klopp insists Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owner, shares his desire to strengthen in central defence but should not jeopardise the club’s finances in the notoriously difficult January market.

“In good times everybody thinks our owners are really generous and in bad times everyone thinks they are really tight, but they are not,” he said. “They are absolutely concerned about the club and the success of the club and understand how we have it.

“They see exactly the same things I see about the necessity to sign players and things like this.

“It is not that I say: ‘A centre-half would be really nice,’ and they say: ‘Wow, a centre-half? Really? Why?’ It’s all clear. It’s all on the table. We work on it, as you can imagine, but January is not the easiest transfer window and on top of that it is not having the money exactly as you want.”[/article]
I actually think Klopp sees no benefit, publicly at least, to have a go at the owners. That’s for armchair fans and talking heads.

I’m also coming round to the idea that Klopp was genuinely blindsided by the injuries and disastrous start to the season and would have done something about it such as move Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita on, for example and replace them with more likely-to-be-available replacements— doesn’t suit the conspiracist in me, I know …

Last edited:
I actually think Klopp sees no benefit, publicly at least, to have a go at the owners. That’s for armchair fans and talking heads.

I’m also coming round to the idea that Klopp was genuinely blindsided by the injuries and disastrous start to the season and would have done something about it such as move Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita on, for example and replace them with more likely-to-be-available replacements— doesn’t suit the conspiracist in me, I know …

You think Klopp was genuinely surprised by injuries to the likes of Matip, Thiago, Ox and Keita? That doesn't seem credible. The only one that's a surprise as such is Diaz and even then the guy was massively overworked to the point that he was at risk of breaking down.

FSG is not even buying him a mirror. The right mirror will be available next summer only.

What do you mean…. We have plenty of mirrors - that one that keeps falling off the wall and cracking is fine - pretty sure it’ll stay on the wall this time.

We don’t need younger mirrors - mirrors last longer these days.

Remember Bielsa's Leeds team? They were one team that tried their best to do an impression of a Klopp team. It worked when they were in the championship but when they got to the premiership they couldn't keep it up because they lacked quality players and they lost key players to injuries.

Same thing is happening to us but on a lesser scale. We are playing an intense brand of football that requires everything to be perfect otherwise it falls apart.

Unlike Klopp's Dortmund days, he has at Liverpool the resources to build another great team. It will take a little while (this summer and the next one) but I think it won't be long till we are back on top of the league.

Remember Bielsa's Leeds team? They were one team that tried their best to do an impression of a Klopp team. It worked when they were in the championship but when they got to the premiership they couldn't keep it up because they lacked quality players and they lost key players to injuries.

Same thing is happening to us but on a lesser scale. We are playing an intense brand of football that requires everything to be perfect otherwise it falls apart.

Unlike Klopp's Dortmund days, he has at Liverpool the resources to build another great team. It will take a little while (this summer and the next one) but I think it won't be long till we are back on top of the league.
It was working just fine for Bielsa. Leeds were having a difficult second season after injuries to key players and the owners panicked. I'd bet they'd be in better shape now if they'd given Bielsa some more time to correct things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom