• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
[article]

Speaking to reporters, Lallana said: “I’ve got a year left on my contract. I’ll be back, I’ll be training through the summer.

“I am as eager as ever to get fit because I know when I’m fit I’ve got a lot to give and I can get in this team.”

When pushed on his future and whether it remains at his current employers, Lallana ensured Reds fans and dampened rumours of a departure by confirming he intends to stick around at Anfield.

He continued: “Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues.

“I know my ability and I know what I can give. And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that.

“No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next.”
[/article]

Can't say I blame him, his resale value I would imagine being no more that of £5m, let's see what he adds.

Last edited:
Yeah we've seen him play well and struggle with injuries, we've seem him stay under a manager who has a good track record with players.

When are you gonna give this shite up Modo? I'm surprised you didn't fucking top yourself when Henderson lifted number 6 last week.
I'm not gonna go back and forth with you about this. If you want a high earning, under performing, injury prone Lallana taking a spot in the team ahead of some younger talent or a better player that could help improve us, sure.

I think I speak for most here when I say that we've seen what Lallana offers.

This isn't a Hendo thread either.

We won the CL only slightly over a week ago. You were there too weren’t you ? I remember all of us being ecstatic, including you.

Please, go enjoy your summer.
This is ultimately about improving the squad, just like people are talking about replacing Moreno, Lovren etc in other threads. Still ecstatic about winning the CL but we can also talk transfers right?

Lallana had nothing to do with it.

He needs a run of games to establish himself back but he won’t get that here and is behind the ox. If we get double figures for him then we should cash in

"And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next,"

is it me or does this sound like "I know I'm a backup and I'm cool with it. I'll be a cool mentor to the kids..."

Even when fit, he needs at least 3 to 5 game to get "up to speed" to contribute. But he breaks down every other week so I don't see the point of him.

Rather have Lallana in the squad as backup contributing to squad harmony than someone else to make up the numbers tbh. I don't think we can discount how happy the squad is with the likes of him and Lovren in it

Shame. Was hoping we’d off load him and bring through some youth or sign another player to challenge the current lot.

He’s not worth his place for what he offers with his injuries.

Can’t blame him mind. I wouldn’t want to leave either.

I don't see the here in Lallana. We've got Shaqiri, Chamberlain and Keita to be the creative player in the middle, and Lallana is too slow to be played wide.

We can't afford someone to be in to be a cheerleader. If he doesn't go,n one wants to pay.

There are still flaws in our squad and in our first team in certain games.

Last edited:
I don't see the here in Lallana. We've got Shaqiri, Chamberlain and Keita to be the creative player in the middle, and Lallana is too slow to be played wide.
We'd struggle to find anyone to take him on the wages he's on, so he'd go for next to the nothing, & according to people close to the club he & sturridge are two of the most influential players in the dressing room in terms of morale etc. Whilst that alone doesn't mean we should keep him, I'd be surprised if it weren't a factor.

He's also one of those players who klopp seems to just have a thing for. All managers have a player or two they favour whenever possible, despite all signs being they shouldn't play, & Lallana certainly seems to be Klopp's.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you about this. If you want a high earning, under performing, injury prone Lallana taking a spot in the team ahead of some younger talent or a better player that could help improve us, sure.

I think I speak for most here when I say that we've seen what Lallana offers.

This isn't a Hendo thread either.

You've "seen" what you've chosen to see about Lallana from the moment he arrived, regardless of how he's actually performed. Fortunately for LFC the manager isn't in the grip of your brand of mindless vendetta about him. If we keep him and if he's selected there'll be a reason for it.

And that last sentence is rich coming from someone who's stunk out countless threads by regurgitating his personal obsessions, of which this is just one.

We'd struggle to find anyone to take him on the wages he's on, so he'd go for next to the nothing, & according to people close to the club he & sturridge are two of the most influential players in the dressing room in terms of morale etc. Whilst that alone doesn't mean we should keep him, I'd be surprised if it weren't a factor.

He's also one of those players who klopp seems to just have a thing for. All managers have a player or two they favour whenever possible, despite all signs being they shouldn't play, & Lallana certainly seems to be Klopp's.

I think that certainly was the case, especially when Klopp first joined. Lallana was one of his disciples and the stamina and will to showcase to other players what Klopp expected on the pitch, but I just think we've moved on from that now. Lallana needs 3/4 games into form and then he just breaks down again and again. We've already taken a risk with the Ox's injury record and having two injury prone AM's on high wages just seems a bit needless. I'm hoping Southampton come in for him and we can put the money to better use.

Last edited:
I could see Lallana being used especially in Cup games to provide senior leadership and ball control with younger players coming in. He could be useful in sparing the key players in early rounds.

He also would provide injury cover when Klopp wants us press high.

While he is on a “big” salary, not relative to many salaries of a new signing. Would be interesting to compare wages oh him and Shaq

Klopp keep choosing him for a reason so I assume he is a good asset to push people on training as he don’t do it in games.

Klopp keep choosing him for a reason so I assume he is a good asset to push people on training as he don’t do it in games.

He keeps choosing him because where we are technically deficient is identical to lallanas skillset. That is exactly why it's stupid to pay for a player that is barely available and finished at the top level. We just can't get rid.

I agree with @Modo here. There is simply no excuse for an attacking player to finish the season with 0 goals and 0 assists in all competitions. It might be difficult to tell him to leave since he is best mates with the captain, but we can’t afford to be too sentimental. He simply takes too long to get himself into the kind of form where he is on par with the rest of the team and even then his contribution was negligible.

For the kind of money we’re spending on his salary, a much smarter strategy would be to attract a budding star player, someone who will be here for years and improve (and increase in value) under Klopp’s tutelage rather than spend it on someone who will leave after his contract expires in a year anyway. All the best to Lallana, he got his CL medal as a reward for his contributions to LFC, but now would be a good time to leave IMHO.

Last edited:
I agree with @Modo here. There is simply no excuse for an attacking player to finish the season with 0 goals and 0 assists in all competitions. It might be difficult to tell him to leave since he is best mates with the captain, but we can’t afford to be too sentimental. He simply takes too long to get himself into the kind of form where he is on par with the rest of the team and even then his contribution was negligible.

For the kind of money we’re spending on his salary, a much smarter strategy would be to attract a budding star player, someone who will be here for years and improve (and increase in value) under Klopp’s tutelage rather than spend it on someone who will leave after his contract expires in a year anyway. All the best to Lallana, he got his CL medal as a reward for his contributions to LFC, but now would be a good time to leave IMHO.
He is not going to leave, and you can't really force a player to leave if he doesn't want to. The club can loan him out and get couple of mills in loan fee's plus knocking him off the wage bill.

Rather have Lallana in the squad as backup contributing to squad harmony than someone else to make up the numbers tbh. I don't think we can discount how happy the squad is with the likes of him and Lovren in it

i Can See Modos Point Here Too, Although His Persistence In Negativity Towards Team Players Who Do Not Deserve It Is Tiring ...
Season Before Last I Remember Many Of Us Were Concerned That A Key Player And Excellent Gegenpresser And Link Between Attack And Midfield Was Missing .... But That Problem Was Solved Without His Return And Although He Is A Highly Capable Player He Is Made Of Glass.
A Midfield Studge And Although He Does Seem Like A Good Fella He Will Be Drawing A Reasonable Wedge...
Really Very Good Dead Wood...

Decent squad player. We've finally got to a place where players who were bought to be first teamers are happy to be decent back up. Good stuff.

He keeps choosing him because where we are technically deficient is identical to lallanas skillset. That is exactly why it's stupid to pay for a player that is barely available and finished at the top level. We just can't get rid.
I Misread This At First And Thought You Were Harshly Criticizing Lallanas Technical Ability But After Re-Reading Can See Your Actual Point ....
It Plays Into The Broader Debate, Which Is Certainly The Most Pleasant Debate Ican Think Of, Supporting A Team Who Tallied 97 Points And Are The Current European Champions , Who Or What Do We Need? Reading About Coutinho For 80M .... What Do We Need?
Im A Big Fan Of Pace And Like The Pepe Gossip And Ido Feel We Should Increase Depth Up Front .... But How Good Is Brewster?
Its Not An Easy Call Is It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom