• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

League won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya he's only won the league but they are arguably the best side to win it since us in the 80's.

He's a fantastic manager. If it wasn't for Klopps magic they'd be in a CL final too

They have a CB issue after spending 200m over the last 4 years to sort it

Otamendi, mangala, stones, laporte, and I'm sure there's another cunt.

There shouldn't BE a CB issue if they just didn't pick a name out of a hat
He doesn't stick with players.

We slag klopp off for it, but Lovren is just one, & a prime example, of how he sticks with a player so much longer than fans would, & how it can pay off, even if just in the short to medium term.

Guardiola has rotated his CB's almost every time they make a couple of fuck ups in a row.

Ya he's only won the league but they are arguably the best side to win it since us in the 80's.

He's a fantastic manager. If it wasn't for Klopps magic they'd be in a CL final too

It seems that you cant be a fantastic manager and spend a lot of money.

Get to fuck

Mourinhos first Chelsea

Bacon face a few times

Early wenger.

All played attractive football.

Don't be making him out as some genre defining manager.

Are we that far off? The only thing really holding us back is the slow progress in the back line and keeper positions (that are starting to come good) and a distinct lack of depth. Don't forget, for all of City's £450m spent, our "terrible" midfield had them in both games. We got battered in one half, they got battered in one half, over the two legs. There's not a million miles between us, and while there are some obvious areas for improvement (we need a new centre half, a keeper and some reinforcements in midfield in attack), we're not far behind the top two. The thing both Manchester sides have over us is depth, our first XI give or take one position or two, is a match for anyone.

The biggest thing that has held us back this season has been the delay in getting VVD and incorporating Robertson. Had those two started the season we'd have been much closer to City.

The "problem" areas of the team aren't terrible, Lovren is good enough to be back up, Karius is still learning and the main midfield 3 or 4 are good enough for a title challenging squad. People have really overstated our flaws as terrible, we've built well and gradually eased the shite out of the squad. Get rid of the likes of Moreno and Mignolet in the Summer and the rest can stay as far as I'm concerned. A few quality additions to bulk out the squad and we'll be laughing.

I can't name a player Guardiola's actually improved though; Sane and De Bruyne were always going to be excellent. That cunt Sterling is still shooting blanks etc. If he is touted as some genius coach who improves his players, where are the Trents, Ox and Robbos?

His whole blue print is buy 50M players and make them play as they should. If X player fails buy another one. It's always easier being surrounded by another 50M player.

Sterling's been alot better this season and is starting to hit the heights he did when Suarez was here, he's had a great season. He might miss chances but his return this season has been excellent for a young player. I don't like the prick but he's performing under Guardiola.

Get to fuck

Mourinhos first Chelsea

Bacon face a few times

Early wenger.

Also, there is no apostrophe required in 80s unless you choose to put one before it. '80s. Drives me fucking mad.

Last edited:
Sterling's been alot better this season and is starting to hit the heights he did when Suarez was here, he's had a great season. He might miss chances but his return this season has been excellent for a young player. I don't like the prick but he's performing under Guardiola.

To me, he only turns up when his team are playing well, as when he was with us. He gets shit load of chances nowadays but he misses loads, as per. He could have had a hattrick against manure in the first half alone.

He hit a purple patch earlier in the season which bumped his numbers up, he had that with us as well. He is still shit for England. He still runs like a girl.

On the point of spending, I think this transfer window, we need to be net +100m gbp or more. Anything less means that we are being had by the owners.

1. We have made very little net outlay in the past 3 transfer window.
2. Increasing revenue and we are in the black.
3. Additional source of income from competing well in the championship
4. Lastly and very fucking importantly the manager and the scouting team have proven that they know what they are doing when spending cash.

We absolutely need to break our transfer record again, and this time it should not be because we sold our best player. I don't care we get the Dybala or a fagola, we need to show intent to keep our best players.

We are more than ready for the first time in a long long time for a World class player who is on top of his game to take the next step...we don't need to shop for kids and bargain basement signings anymore.

The league has effectively been over for months now - that coupled with the style in which they've won it is impressive irrespective of money spent.

They need to keep winning the league but ultimately the CL is the goal, as has been said.

The fact that Pep couldn't do it with Bayern means it becomes all the more important for him personally in my opinion. I do think he's an excellent manager but he needs to back that up with some more success in the CL.

Get to fuck

Mourinhos first Chelsea

Bacon face a few times

Early wenger.

At least Dreamie isn’t telling us how great Mourinho is... I’d call it progress and keep quiet in case he reverts to normal Dreamie mode.

Not when you've spent £1billion. You'd have to be a total mug to NOT to win the title at the Emptyhad.
My comment was more related to the relative positions of us, United, and Arsenal more than to regale Gladiola. With City’s net spend, I could’ve won the league, and I know next to fuck all about football.

At least Dreamie isn’t telling us how great Mourinho is... I’d call it progress and keep quiet in case he reverts to normal Dreamie mode.

Guardiola and Mourinho jousting for titles, the beauty of Pep's glorious, pure footballing vision vs Jose's win-at-all-costs crushing totalitarianism....Dreamy's fantasy of a Mancunian football utopia has finally come to pass.

CFA97670-832B-4B13-82AB-8FAF258F8DB0.png

Fucking BOKE!

Mourinho has spent an equivalent fucking fortune, and didn't come close to winning the league or getting his team to play the exhilarating way Guardiola's side did.

It's ignorant to claim money alone bought the title. The construct of his side - Kompany, Fernandinho, Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, etc were all there when he arrived. He's simply improved them.

It's fashionable to mock them cos well they're very fucking mockable, and their recent min-implosion has taken a bit of gloss off their magnificent season, but they're still deserved champions.

Mourinho has spent an equivalent fucking fortune, and didn't come close to winning the league or getting his team to play the exhilarating way Guardiola's side did.

It's ignorant to claim money alone bought the title. The construct of his side - Kompany, Fernandinho, Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, etc were all there when he arrived. He's simply improved them.

It's fashionable to mock them cos well they're very fucking mockable, and their recent min-implosion has taken a bit of gloss off their magnificent season, but they're still deserved champions.
I don't think anyone thinks they didn't deserve the league, and that he's not got them playing well.

It's more the media belief that he's reinvented the wheel while spending infinity pounds.

We are quite lucky that our front trio have been pretty fit/injury free: Firmino and Salah have 33 and 32 (out of 34) league appearances and Mane would probably have 28 instead of 25 without his red card. The former 2 scored 58% of our goals and the trio, 70% (and then there's their assists).

Lallana, Clyne, Matip (and to a lesser extent, Henderson and Gomez)'s fitness record don't inspire confidence.

Sturridge is probably gone. Milner and Klavan will be 33. Can may leave on free transfer. And of course we lost Coutinho.

Transfer Deadline day has been brought forward to 9 August(that said, window opens on 9 June) may make things even more challenging (esp. when dealing with foreign sides). One positive may be our ability to attract players (thanks to the team and Klopp's showing).

As mentioned, Chelsea's new manager, Sven Mislintat's impact on Arsenal though his transfer dealings, Man Utd's expected splurging and Tottenham's continued progress should makes things more challenging.

This has probably been mentioned time and again, year after year - but, this window is a crucial one (of course, each one is, in various aspect). A standstill could undo the good work done and the whole cycle/trend of losing our best players and playing catch up will repeat again.

We're on an upward trajectory and we'll go very very close next season in my view. With the right recruitment and with a bit of luck etc, we've got a decent chance.

Hes won one more champions league than Roberto Di Matteo.
In a decade of managing 3 of the biggest clubs in the world.

Thats not a very good argument. Di Matteo has won 2 trophies in his entire coaching career, Guardiola 23.

Fuck that. Im a fan, not an analyst.
Hes a malteser headed cunt and hes got a team full of 50m cunts who still cant win in Europe.

Are we that far off? The only thing really holding us back is the slow progress in the back line and keeper positions (that are starting to come good) and a distinct lack of depth. Don't forget, for all of City's £450m spent, our "terrible" midfield had them in both games. We got battered in one half, they got battered in one half, over the two legs. There's not a million miles between us, and while there are some obvious areas for improvement (we need a new centre half, a keeper and some reinforcements in midfield in attack), we're not far behind the top two. The thing both Manchester sides have over us is depth, our first XI give or take one position or two, is a match for anyone.

The biggest thing that has held us back this season has been the delay in getting VVD and incorporating Robertson. Had those two started the season we'd have been much closer to City.

The "problem" areas of the team aren't terrible, Lovren is good enough to be back up, Karius is still learning and the main midfield 3 or 4 are good enough for a title challenging squad. People have really overstated our flaws as terrible, we've built well and gradually eased the shite out of the squad. Get rid of the likes of Moreno and Mignolet in the Summer and the rest can stay as far as I'm concerned. A few quality additions to bulk out the squad and we'll be laughing.

I think you have a few very good points in your post, and clearly the introduction of VVD fixed out defensive stability almost over night. I think Moreno played a good first few months but Robinson have done exceptional well.

I think we should not underestimate the developments over the whole line.... a lot of players are performing at their best when we need it and that is the biggest strength of this team for me... players getting to a level above themselves. All credit to the management team for that, as it seem to have learned from last season. This season we got better and better while we last season ran out of steam....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom