• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

League won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real reason the Premier League is any different I suppose is because of what's gone on at Chelsea and City. Otherwise, it'd still be Utd winning the title each year. Maybe we'd have had one or two (probably not).

We would, because we came second to City once. And Spurs would have too.

So basically Pep has devised a style of play that is horribly effective at beating weaker sides who want to defend and not attack them.

When they come up against teams that attack them in Europe they come up short.

So basically Pep has devised a style of play that is horribly effective at beating weaker sides who want to defend and not attack them.

When they come up against teams that attack them in Europe they come up short.

Yes, pretty much. Barca was the same, with the addition of the genius of Messi and a couple of strong characters in defense (some of whom Pep tolerated, but didn't truly like) who got them over the hump against stronger sides as well. The only way we can win the league is to be similarly effective against the bottom fodder and win key head-to-head battles against the rivals.

Oh dear. Try and remove the emotion and instead look at the data points.

Your post generated 2 likes. Mine generated 10.

While by no means conclusive, it indicates that my post is five times better than yours.

While I can't be arsed entering this debate, I'm pretty sure the post i made on here that generated the most likes was when I called you a dick in a Frim topic. Thirty odd.

It defo wasn't my best post but it was clearly a popular opinion.

The stats on the season that Leicester won the league was quite bottom heavy. This season the top 4 teams have pretty much maraudered the bottom 10 for maximum points.

It depends on which season we look at.

In other leagues the top 2 or 1 team may be a constant presence but the rest of the league mixes up quite well.

To say one league is more competitive than other is hard to prove unless statistics for last 5 or more season is combined and analyzed.

Yes, pretty much. Barca was the same, with the addition of the genius of Messi and a couple of strong characters in defense (some of whom Pep tolerated, but didn't truly like) who got them over the hump against stronger sides as well. The only way we can win the league is to be similarly effective against the bottom fodder and win key head-to-head battles against the rivals.

It also makes me laugh that people say shit like, he only did what Mancini and Pellegrino did.

Mancini won the league on the last day of the season with two injury time goals.

Pellegrino won it on the last day of the season after we threw it away.

Neither were super convincing.

This city side had the league wrapped up in November and hadn't lost a game til long after the point where it mattered.

And they did it playing the style of football only we can argue to match.

Hatred and jealousy aside what's he's done is superb.

They've won a double with 5 games to spare and blown away all the competition.

The stats on the season that Leicester won the league was quite bottom heavy. This season the top 4 teams have pretty much maraudered the bottom 10 for maximum points.

It depends on which season we look at.

In other leagues the top 2 or 1 team may be a constant presence but the rest of the league mixes up quite well.

To say one league is more competitive than other is hard to prove unless statistics for last 5 or more season is combined and analyzed.

Well the arguement I'd make is what top flight league is more competitive?

England has the biggest budgets, more of the best players, biggest fan base and best managers.

While some may think it's shite, all the other leagues are worse so by default it's the most competitive and best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom