• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Man U forum:
varpool.jpg
Damn your forum game is strong thanks for the links :) I love it too love to see redcafe and bluemoom blowing up lol... Some of the prize ones saying we have paid off the league and that there is an agenda to get us to win it lol
Very impressed by Lovren today. He usually does play well when he doesn't have any brainfarts during the game.
this is it, on his day Lovren is great but the bad days live longer in the memory
Lovren of okay at home but I wouldn't play him away from home. At Anfield he gets charged up from the home crowd, but away from home he has brain farts. Definitely go with Gomez away from home for me if Matip hasn't recovered.

100% we’ve criticised our players for not doing it, someone like Kane constantly does it with no media criticism. Sometimes when you’ve been fouled you need to exaggerate to get the decision, you’re a mug if you don’t because everyone else is.

I had to snigger when it was pointed out to Alan Shearer on "Match of the Day" that there had been contact on Mané, Shearer shrugged and said "it's a physical game."

I'm sure that Shearer didn't express this opinion when he was tripped in the penalty area in his playing days! :D

Damn your forum game is strong thanks for the links :) I love it too love to see redcafe and bluemoom blowing up lol... Some of the prize ones saying we have paid off the league and that there is an agenda to get us to win it lolLovren of okay at home but I wouldn't play him away from home. At Anfield he gets charged up from the home crowd, but away from home he has brain farts. Definitely go with Gomez away from home for me if Matip hasn't recovered.

Read the Arsenal one - some very happy we won that game, they have a desire for top 4. Someone even posted about getting Rodgers over to Arsenal because of what they think he is capable of doing with their front 3.

Just adding someone in the United Forum had this to say about our win:

The only silver lining is the better Liverpool do, the worse it is for Woody et al.

Last edited:
I had to snigger when it was pointed out to Alan Shearer on "Match of the Day" that there had been contact on Mané, Shearer shrugged and said "it's a physical game."

I'm sure that Shearer didn't express this opinion when he was tripped in the penalty area in his playing days! :D
Exactly. Contact on the leg and prevention of further play is a penalty anytime. BR would fume I am sure if he didn't get a penalty if his players were "contacted" in the box too.

I wonder how many Newton’s there are between being normal contact in a contact sport and a foul in Mr Shearers world and would that figure change if he was watching Newcastle?

Looked to me like he went down way after contact and wasn’t a pen but that just makes it’s funnier.

What a man Mane is. Scores one, wins the peno.

He was amazing today.

And props to Lovern he was exceptional
Albrighton's knee clearly pushes into Mane's leg and although it might not be enough to bring him down it obviously stops him moving forward (try it with your partner!) and is therefore a foul. Had Mane not gone down to emphasis this however, I doubt a penalty would have been given. Playing on (or trying to) wins you nothing these days, not even respect.

The ref gave a foul AGAINST Mane earlier when in an attacking position for less contact than that. So it goes. It is a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom