• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starts for Pitaluga, Bradley (earned a penalty), Balagizi and Williams. Lewis on the bench for Newport. HT now.

Wrexham 2-0 Macclesfield Town

Ipswich 1-1 Bolton

Carlisle 1-0 Crawley

Blackpool 1-0 Reading

[article]Rovers are delighted to announce the season-long loan signing of Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton.

The 19-year-old becomes Jon Dahl Tomasson’s second summer signing, following the permanent capture of Barnsley full-back Callum Brittain, who made his Rovers debut in Saturday’s 1-0 victory over QPR.

An England Under-20 international, Morton broke onto the scene last season at Liverpool, who claimed a domestic cup double, whilst also finishing as runners-up in both the Premier League and Champions League.

The talented teenager, who signed a long-term contract at Anfield in January 2021, has been at Liverpool since the age of seven, making his Under-23s debut during the 2020-21 season.

He made his first team breakthrough last term, making his Liverpool debut in a 3-0 victory away to Norwich City in the Carabao Cup, before starting his first game for the club in the fourth round victory away to Preston North End.

The all-action midfielder, who can operate in both deep and attacking areas of the pitch, then started back-to-back Champions League ties against FC Porto and AC Milan, helping the Reds to victory in both games, before being handed his full Premier League debut in the 2-2 draw away to Tottenham Hotspur last December.

Morton, who has made nine appearances for Jurgen Klopp’s star-studded side, follows in the footsteps of Harvey Elliott and Leighton Clarkson in making loan moves from Anfield to Ewood Park, and will enhance Rovers’ options in the centre of midfield.

Rovers’ Director of Football Gregg Broughton said: “We have had to wait patiently for Tyler, as he has been so close to Liverpool’s first team for the whole of pre-season, but after seeing what he did in some big games for Liverpool last year, we believe he was worth waiting for.

“Strategically we knew we needed to add another central midfielder to the squad for this season and a loan suited us ideally to ensure we didn’t block the medium-term pathways of some of our own young midfielders who have done so well for us over the last eight weeks.

“We are very grateful to Liverpool for trusting us with the continued development of a player who is rated so highly at the club.”

Morton, who will train with his new team-mates for the first time tomorrow, is eligible to play for Rovers in both cup competitions this season, but not in any game against his parent club.[/article]

Good for him. When I think about midfielders like Morton, I always think of Xabi Alonso’s career trajectory: went on loan at Eibar at age 19 (I think), then gradually improving for several years at Real Sociedad before his big move to Liverpool at age 23-24. Even if Morton has comparable talent to Alonso (I think he might!), it will take years of patient growth to get to the world-class level he would need to achieve to start in Liverpool’s midfield - a successful loan at Blackburn could be that first step.

[article]Ian Evatt is pleased with how Conor Bradley’s first taste of League One football went – and backs the youngster to be a big player for Wanderers this season.
The Northern Ireland international played 90 minutes as the Whites kicked off the new campaign with a 1-1 draw against Ipswich at Portman Road.

Bradley was a main target for Evatt during the January window, and the Bolton chief reckons regular football will have a big impact on the youngster’s development.

“I thought he was excellent,” he said. “I think it was a real big test for him. I think physically now he’ll understand the demands now of playing in that position for us.

“Second half we got into some really good crossing positions and we just needed him to make that back post, but the physical energy that it takes to relentlessly do that is really challenging.

“He’s going to improve immensely playing regular football with us this season and we’re delighted to have him.”
[/article]

[article]The second signing of the Jon Dahl Tomasson era is here and the Rovers Head Coach is delighted to have Tyler Morton on board for the 2022-23 campaign.

The teenager arrives at Ewood Park with Champions League experience having featured in Liverpool's games against AC Milan and Porto last term, with Tomasson believing it's a real coup for Rovers to land a player of Morton's calibre.

He follows in the footsteps of Leighton Clarkson and Harvey Elliott in being the third Reds player to join the club on loan in as many seasons, and Tomasson has high hopes that Morton will be a key part of his plans during his first campaign in charge.

“Tyler’s a young boy with a lot of talent," the boss said to RoversTV when discussing his newest Rover.

“He’s played Champions League football for Liverpool and that shows the trust that Jurgen Klopp has in him.

“He played against AC Milan last season, he also played against Porto and did a good job in both games.

“He’s still a young boy and is one of the players who Liverpool want to get in their team in the years to come. For Liverpool, this is an important loan, and he has to deserve minutes with us.

“He has quality on the ball, he wants the ball and is equally comfortable playing in defensive midfield or central midfield positions," Tomasson added.

“He’s good at reading triggers, he knows when to press and when not to press, he sees the right passes and takes very few touches. He sees the game and is a clever player.

“If a manager like Klopp, an excellent manager who’s one of the best in the world, trusts someone at Tyler’s age, that’s really positive.

“I’ve spoken with the assistant manager at Liverpool, a Dutchman (Pep Lijnders), who has only said positive words about him.

“We know all about his personality, how he is as a person, the family situation, it all sounds perfect to us."[/article]

[article]Ian Evatt believes Conor Bradley will 'blossom' at Bolton Wanderers this season on loan from Liverpool and believes the defender has embarked on a 'huge' learning curve.

The 19-year-old full-back is spending the 2022/23 campaign on loan at Wanderers from Premier League side Liverpool. It his his first loan move away from Anfield and he will spend it vying for the right wing-back position for Ian Evatt's side.

The defender has also played five times for Jurgen Klopp's side across the Champions League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup. All of these appearances came last season.

The teenager, having featured regularly for Wanderers in pre-season, made his competitive debut for the Whites over the weekend. He played the entirety of his loan club's 1-1 draw on the road against Ipswich Town.

He impressed during the encounter, winning the penalty scored by Aaron Morley which put Wanderers ahead at Portman Road. Lee Evans equalised before half-time as the spoils were shared from the League One opener.

Evatt was pleased with what he saw from Bradley in the first game of the new campaign and believes it is the start of a big learning curve for the youngster this campaign. The Bolton boss believes Bradley has 'huge potential' which he must realise, but feels the time with Wanderers will serve him very well in the early stage of his senior playing career.

Evatt told the Manchester Evening News: “It’s going to be huge for him and I just think he’s got huge potential, but he has to realise that potential and this will do him the world of good. He’s a brilliant kid, wants to learn and is a sponge.

“He wants to take in knowledge all of the time. His attitude and work ethic is relentless really and he’ll give himself the best opportunity to have the best career possible.

“I think he’s going to really blossom here and that’s a great start for him with a point away from home at Ipswich.”[/article]

Bradley with the assist for Bolton's 1st goal. They are leading Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 at HT.

Clarkson came on as a sub in the 12th min to replace injured player and got Aberdeen's 3rd goal before HT against St Mirren who went down to 10 men after 23 mins.

Morton is on the bench for Blackburn. Williams and Balagizi started for Blackpool and Crawley respectively again.

Another defeat for Crawley but glad he had a good game

Clean sheet for Pitaluga

Last edited:
Clarkson needs to star for Aberdeen this season or his career at Liverpool is over abd ge becomes another Ben Woodburn.

Last season at Blackburn really hurt his chances of making it.

I hope he does well.

Clarkson needs to star for Aberdeen this season or his career at Liverpool is over abd ge becomes another Ben Woodburn.

Last season at Blackburn really hurt his chances of making it.

I hope he does well.

His Liverpool career is over anyways. This is so he gets a good move.

[article]Jim Goodwin insists the sky's the limit for Liverpool starlet Leighton Clarkson after watching his new signing write his name up in lights as Aberdeen dismantled ten man St Mirren.

The Dons boss secured the services of the 20-year-old midfielder by pushing through a loan deal on Saturday morning before throwing him into action as 12th minute substitute for the injured Hayden Coulson. A double for Bojan Miovski and Clarkson wonder strike as well as a late Duk strike did the damage despite Jonah Ayunga's consolation penalty for the Buddies who had Declan Gallagher red carded.

But it was Clarkson who shone on his debut and he was given a glowing report by Goodwin. He said: “If he has ambitions to go and play for the Liverpool first team, then he’s got to come here and play and excel. It was a really quick turnaround from Leighton. He came up the road last night from Liverpool and his mum and dad drove his car up. Myself and the director of football and medical team were at Cormack Park until about 10pm getting everything sorted.

“It was only about half 11 this morning that we got the international clearance. We would have liked him to have come into the game in different circumstances. It was always my intention to give him 30 minutes at the end.

“We’re disappointed for Hayden Coulson who took a nasty one. It doesn’t look great so we need to wait and see what the scans show.

“But Leighton was excellent. People will talk about the goal but I thought his overall performance, he is really confident on the ball and suits the way we want to play. Him and Ramadani complemented each other.

“I’m delighted for him to come in. He’s had a great education at Liverpool. He knows how we want to play, hence why he’s here."[/article]

Bradley with the assist for Bolton's 1st goal. They are leading Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 at HT.

Move for Bradley's assist started from 0:09.

[article]Ian Evatt believes Conor Bradley can improve all aspects of his game at Bolton Wanderers this season and has been tracking the Liverpool youngster since undertaking his coaching licences in Northern Ireland.

The 19-year-old is spending the season away from the Anfield club on loan at Wanderers. He has caught the eye with his early performances for the League One side at right wing-back.

Bradley won a penalty in the opening game of the season against Ipswich Town which ended in a 1-1 draw. He then notched an assist from open play over the weekend in Bolton's 3-0 victory versus Wycombe Wanderers.

Evatt wanted to bring Bradley to Bolton in January, but with the Northern Ireland international in Liverpool's first team squad at that time, the move had to be put on the back burner. But a return this summer was successful and Bradley will be at Wanderers for the campaign.

The Bolton boss undertook his coaching qualification and all the relevant licences in Bradley's home nation of Northern Ireland. During his time there, Evatt became aware of Bradley being a player to watch moving forwards.

Evatt discussed Bradley's potential and how he feels that the 19-year-old can improve all aspects of his game over the upcoming year. He believes this will be key for his aims of being a regular for Liverpool and Northern Ireland.

The Bolton boss said: "I did my pro-licence and all my coaching licences in Northern Ireland and very early on the relationships there were saying ‘Conor’s one to keep an eye on’. We started watching him and were very impressed with what we saw. Last January we tried to get him but he was very much in Liverpool’s first team plans.

“Then the opportunity became available this summer and we grabbed it with both hands. There’s a long season and a long way to go but we’re really pleased with what we’ve got so far.

"I just think you should always be looking to improve all aspects of your game. His athletic profile is perfect for that position. He obviously needs to do a lot of work in the gym but he’s 18, 19 years old and that’s going to come as he grows and develops as a young man, but to get to that elite level and the top of the game we’re talking about here - Liverpool and international football, Champions League - he has to be the best or one of the best in that position.

“He has the potential to be but it’s only potential at the moment. It’s about realising that potential but the most important thing for me is his attitude and work ethic and if he keeps that up and stays humble, he’s got a really bright future.

“He needs to constantly improve all aspects of his game, but he does and he works on it relentlessly, so we’re really pleased with him. We’re not surprised at all because we do a lot of due diligence on these players and our relationship with Liverpool is a strong one, so we’re pleased and hopefully he’ll continue to develop throughout the year.”

Evatt feels Bradley has been a 'good fit' automatically at Bolton due to the teenager's coaching at Liverpool. He believes the way Jurgen Klopp wants his full-backs and wing-backs to play is similar to how they are asked to operate at Wanderers.

And he believes the move is good for both clubs for that very reason. He said: "Going back to the recruitment and the work that myself and Chris Markham and the analysts do, when you’ve got a philosophy and identity, it becomes easier to recruit to and we know the way Jurgen and Liverpool coach their full-backs and wing-backs is very similar to what we require from ours so it’s automatically a good fit.

“It’s a good fit for Liverpool because they know he’s going to come here and be played and taught the same way and also a good fit for us because we don’t have to work on him from scratch and from day one. He’s already used to doing it and I think we’re seeing the benefit of that.”[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom