• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Clarkson managed to get himself canned for 2 games for a bad tackle.

Only yellow carded during the game - but sent to review at disciplinary panel and they banned him.

Least he’s getting stuck in.

[article]Bolton Wanderers fullback Conor Bradley says he's been assured by Jurgen Klopp of his future with parent club Liverpool.

The Northern Ireland defender moved to Wanderers in the summer to play more senior football and says Klopp keeps in regular contact.

“I didn't really speak to him myself before I went out on loan, but I had texts from him, just saying go out and enjoy it, do your best and get as many games as possible," he said.

“We've got a group for all the loanees and he texts into it when I get an assist or I score or have played well.

“He and the coaches are always texting in, wishing us all the best for the games and saying well done if I score.

“That's been massive that they're still keeping in contact and want to know how I'm doing and settling in. It's reassuring to know they are still thinking of you and Liverpool have been great that way."[/article]

Fair fucks to Bradley, he's been brilliant for them so far. Just wonder how he'll get in the squad with Trent ahead of him, and money invested in Ramsay (who's close to being the new illori)

From the Beeb

Conor Bradley: Northern Ireland defender on Klopp, Bolton and Fifa ratings

"Do you know your Fifa rating before the game is released?"

"Nah," Conor Bradley replies with a laugh.

"What do you want it to be?"

"...99 maybe," he responds before unleashing another grin.

It's a sign of the confidence that the 19-year-old possesses despite only finding his feet at senior level with Bolton Wanderers.

On loan from Liverpool, where he made his Champions League and FA Cup debuts under Jurgen Klopp last season while starring for the Under-23s, Bradley has made a flying start with the League One club.

With three goals and three assists this season, his all-action displays from right wing-back have earned him rave reviews from the Bolton support.

"It's been a really good start and I feel I'm learning and developing every day. I'm just enjoying playing as many games as I can," he said.

"That's something I want to add to my game this season, getting in to the box and scoring a few goals. I feel like I've done that so far this season and hopefully I get many more.

"It's been a step up for me playing twice a week, which can be quite difficult at times, but it can only benefit me long-term. If you were to compare me now to six to 12 months ago, I feel I am a miles better player."

Bradley adds the loan came at the "right time" and that the move was one he had to make, even if County Tyrone native sees his long-term future with Liverpool.

"I didn't really speak to Jurgen one-to-one, but I have received text messages from him just saying go out and enjoy it, and do your best. He just wants to see me get as many games as possible," he added.

"We have a group there with all the loanees and they text in to it when someone scores or gets an assist, or even when you play well.

"It's been massive that they have kept in contact and still want to know how I am doing.

"Liverpool have been great that way and I can't thank them enough."

'NI prepped me for Bolton switch'

Bradley has had a whirlwind experience on the international stage thus far and has won eight caps since making his debut as a 17-year-old in May 2021.

Northern Ireland will end a difficult Nations League campaign at home to Kosovo and away to Greece. Ian Baraclough's side are bottom of League C Group Two and have yet to win any of their 14 matches in the competition.

However, a bright point under Baraclough has been the introduction of young talents such as the highly-rated Bradley.

"You can see things are developing and performances are getting better. Hopefully the results will come with that, too.

"We keep believing in what we're doing. We will just keep working hard. You always go through a tough spell as a footballer."

Bradley added playing for Northern Ireland prior to his senior club debut helped him adapt to the physicality of men's football.

"It's been a massive challenge. Obviously I am not used to that playing U23s football with Liverpool.

"Stepping up and playing against proper men has been difficult, but it's something I'm getting used to and I'm improving every week.

"Playing senior football for Northern Ireland, and in front of fans, has been a big benefit.

"It helped me prepare for situations and first-team football. It was a massive help.

"I want to bring that momentum and confidence with me in to the Northern Ireland squad. Hopefully I get the chance to play a couple of games."

'My family keep me grounded'

Despite his superb start to life at the University of Bolton Stadium, there appears little danger of Bradley getting swept up in his own hype.

"I feel like with the family I have behind me it's easy to keep my feet on the ground, they make sure of that. It's not too hard, to be honest," he said.

"There's always going to be expectation on you and even when I went to Bolton I knew there was going to be expectation then.

"There's always going to be that bit of pressure but hopefully I'm able to keep producing good performances."

Players also ensure the youngster remains grounded, including Bolton and Northern Ireland team-mate Dion Charles who believes he has "all the tools to go on and have a very successful career".

"I've been winding him up the past few days," Charles joked about Bradley spurning a gilt-edged opportunity in Saturday's win over Peterborough after being played in by the striker.

"There was actually another one later on in the game where he has mis-hit it and said to me, 'I'll have to cut you a bit of slack, it's harder than it looks'.

"He has been great for us. He has been scoring goals and playing well.

"It's great to build relationships with players [at club level]. Things become second nature.

"You know the movements they make and where they want the ball, so me and Conor have quite a good relationship."

Untitled.jpg

Fair fucks to Bradley, he's been brilliant for them so far. Just wonder how he'll get in the squad with Trent ahead of him, and money invested in Ramsay (who's close to being the new illori)

I thought he was being played further forward by Bolton?

He'll get games when Trent moves into midfield and Ramsey will be the new Keita (or Ilori).

It's great he's doing well but there is a fair old gap between League 1 and the top end of the Prem.

It's great he's doing well but there is a fair old gap between League 1 and the top end of the Prem.
In his few games for us he showed that he might have something though. However he was never going to get enough games to progress with Trent & Gomez around. If he's showing quality in L1 then maybe he'll come back ready to take the next step up (and not out of the door).

[article]
Schalke have confirmed Liverpool defender Sepp van den Berg has been taken to hospital with a suspected ankle injury.

The 20-year-old is currently on a season-long loan spell with the Bundesliga club and has had a bright start to life in Germany. He's started four league matches so far following his move late in the transfer window.

However, during their 3-2 defeat to Augsburg on Sunday, he suffered a serious injury not long into the second-half. Van den Berg attempted to block a shot from Mergim Berisha but sustained a nasty ankle injury in the process.

The youngster received treatment on the pitch before he was stretchered off and the club has since confirmed he has been taken to hospital. Schalke shared in a tweet: "Sepp van den Berg is on the way to the hospital with a suspected ankle injury. We keep our fingers crossed for you, Sepp!"
[/article]

[article]Crawley Town Football Club can issue the following update on the injuries of Ellery Balcombe and James Balagizi.

On the 6th of October, the club reported that James had returned to Liverpool for tests after the midfielder was forced to withdraw from training on his return from international duty. The medical tests revealed an injury, and last week, James had successful surgery for an inguinal-related groin pain. James’ recovery time is currently set at five weeks. The midfielder will spend that time with his parent club before returning to the Red Devils for training.

Ellery Balcombe returned to training this morning after missing the majority of the season through injury. The Brentford shot-stopper was forced off with an injury in the first half of Crawley’s opening Sky Bet League Two match against Carlisle United. Ellery is available for selection for Saturday’s match against Mansfield Town.[/article]

our next squadie. taking over from cujo

Given his position it's really Bajcetic he's competing with for a spot I'd imagine. He's getting rave reviews at Blackburn so it's clear the loan is working for him, if they can get promoted I'd imagine we would let him go back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom