• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now obviously, I am incredibly biased, but this notion of TAA's not being in a "natural" position is somewhat flawed, considering:

1) The ball travels from not a great distance
2) There isn't so much reaction time
3) The ball deflects his way
4) Look at the other players! And their arms. Aguero, Sterling, Lovren all have their arms out.

That's what happens when you are running and try to stop suddenly on the half turn. They all have their arms out, which suggests it is a pretty natural body shape.

Like I said, i am perhaps I being biased here.

Now obviously, I am incredibly biased, but this notion of TAA's not being in a "natural" position is somewhat flawed, considering:

1) The ball travels from not a great distance
2) There isn't so much reaction time
3) The ball deflects his way
4) Look at the other players! And their arms. Aguero, Sterling, Lovren all have their arms out.

That's what happens when you are running and try to stop suddenly on the half turn. They all have their arms out, which suggests it is a pretty natural body shape.

Like I said, i am perhaps I being biased here.

Just seen the incident on MOTD2 - fuck me we got away with that one, don't give a fuck about natural positions or whatever, that was a pen !!! - makes this even sweeter

Just seen the incident on MOTD2 - fuck me we got away with that one, don't give a fuck about natural positions or whatever, that was a pen !!! - makes this even sweeter

No, it isn't. The ball bounced off Silva's arm onto Trent's.

No, it isn't. The ball bounced off Silva's arm onto Trent's.
And they said that the initial touch to Silva's arm does not count because of some reason, and Trent's handball will have been looked in isolation - they just said that on MOTD2 after reading out something that akin to a rule.

Lovely moment.

These sorts of moments were necessary, because in my mind last season away - they really made some shitty tackles on our players, when we goto their place I really hope we show the same amount of aggression. Fuck them.

And they said that the initial touch to Silva's arm does not count because of some reason, and Trent's handball will have been looked in isolation - they just said that on MOTD2 after reading out something that akin to a rule.
Proving yet again some twat on MOTD is a twat that knows fuckall.

Motd said they contacted the professional referees assoc and they said it didn't matter that it hit Bernardo's arm before it hit Trent's.
So yh it looks a pen and it shudda be given I think but that just makes it even better.

I'll be sleeping with a smirk on my face ala Robbo just thinking about Pep screaming twice as he stares up at the sky.

7.30am.Good morning! What a lovely feeling waking up with 3 points after having to be awake up to 3am.

Dont care about handball or not. Don't care about offside or not. 3 points. 3 points. 3 points. It is all that matters. Mentality intact. Move on. Long long way to go. Play like this till May and let's hope we will see the title coming home! YNWA.

Last edited:
Btw
Can I just y'all some committed motherfunkers waking up at 3am to be nervous as heck and have mini heart attacks.

Why wouldn't the touch off Silva count? My understanding is any handball, intentional, unnatural, or otherwise, automatically waives off a goal in the VAR era. I've listened to commentary repeat this over and over.... except today when they decline to discuss it at all.

7.30am.Good morning! What a lovely feeling waking up with 3 points after having to be awake up 3am.

Dont care about handball or not. Don't care about offside or not. 3 points. 3 points. 3 points. It is all that matters. Mentality intact. Move on. Long long way to go. Play like this till May and let's hope we will see the title coming home! YNWA.

You fucking tell them Y1!!!!

Cunts!!!!

Reactions: Y1
Why wouldn't the touch off Silva count? My understanding is any handball, intentional, unnatural, or otherwise, automatically waives off a goal in the VAR era. I've listened to commentary repeat this over and over.... except today when they decline to discuss it at all.

Yep. That’s my view. It hit his arm first, intentional or not, and it led to them having a potential goal scoring chance (penalty off trents arm) Correct decision, fuck them.

CUNTS.

Love it when everyone in the outfield team can score a goal.

I will rewatch and enjoy the whole game without the jitters. It was a great game for neutrals. Pep and everyone saying it was a fantastic game is maybe a snide remark against other teams (especially Man U) not coming to play at Anfield?

Watched the highlights several times since the game finished.

Just want to point out one detail I noticed for our first goal.

When Mane has the ball and is dribbling forward - watch him closely - he does a small signal to Firmino telling him to change his run ... Mane notices Firmino is going to come short for the inside ball well outside the box. Mane signals to Firmino to instead make a forward run into the box.

Firmino sees the signal and then runs full throttle into the box - draws a City defender near post - ball gets played behind them, half cleared by City and Fabinho smashes it home.

If Mane doesn't make that signal to Firmino to change his run - we would not have scored, only Salah was in the box at the back post.

Watched the highlights several times since the game finished.

Just want to point out one detail I noticed for our first goal.

When Mane has the ball and is dribbling forward - watch him closely - he does a small signal to Firmino telling him to change his run ... Mane notices Firmino is going to come short for the inside ball well outside the box. Mane signals to Firmino to instead make a forward run into the box.

Firmino sees the signal and then runs full throttle into the box - draws a City defender near post - ball gets played behind them, half cleared by City and Fabinho smashes it home.

If Mane doesn't make that signal to Firmino to change his run - we would not have scored, only Salah was in the box at the back post.

lol that’s a bit of a stretch.

lol that’s a bit of a stretch.

Watch it again.

If Firmino continued with his run to receive a short pass 25 yards out from goal, Mane would not have driven forward with the ball and put in the subsequent cross because Salah was the only player in the box and City had the defensive numbers to deal with it.

If Firmino doesn't make that run, Mane would have instead had to play the ball to him inside, or made a pass to another player not in a position to be an attacking threat.

Mane realises this very quickly - it's brilliant awareness.

Watch it again.

If Firmino continued with his run to receive a short pass 25 yards out from goal, Mane would not have driven forward with the ball and put in the subsequent cross because Salah was the only player in the box and City had the defensive numbers to deal with it.

If Firmino doesn't make that run, Mane would have instead had to play the ball to him inside, or made a pass to another player not in a position to be an attacking threat.

I mean it’s a stretch to credit it with influencing the goal.

Players make those kinds of gesture 1000 times a game. Even then there’s no goal if gudnagon clears properly of another 50 things that happened in that passage before the goal

Also good to see us what not 5 pts better off than last season against the same opponents?

Watch it again.

The intention was for Firmino to draw the defender so Salah could run free to the penalty spot for the pass. It failed completely and Man City cleared it... to Fab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom