• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Legs, Longevity, League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's witnessed us allow late pressure and concede and open matches enough to know he needs his match winners on for th majority or entirety of the match in most instances

One thing I would like Klopp to do is, where feasible, get his substitutions in early. Around the 60 mins mark if we are 2 or 3 goals clear. He doesn't seem to do this anywhere near enough. His 60 mins substitutions generally seem to be tactical purposes and Salah or Mane etc. only seem to get pulled off in the final 5-10 mins.

His record of 3 losses in last 60 league games and still squeezing a big ear in there suggest otherwise....

I remember him saying he wanted to be in a position to rotate the mids, and he's doing it apart from Fabinho.

Our ability to run past any midfield means having two CMs on the top of the game - so it seems it's more important to Klopp to have 6 midfielders than anyone to replace the front 3... Let's see if he's right

My biggest worry is Firmino, and VVD - both look exhausted. Of Mane I have no worry, and Salah is just lacking a bit of form, but does not to me look exhausted - his overall play is taking a hit with the obvious dilemma of either to go for goal or pass the ball.

I really think the biggest let down is that we are not giving enough playing time to Shaq, and sometimes I think Klopp should sub two of our front two to play Shaq and Origi, even in the big games, both proved they can perform on that stage in the biggest game of last season against Barca and under the most pressure. So for people that argue our bench warmers are not up to it are fucking deluded.

As for midfield - I don't know about this area and what Klopp is trying to do - we seem to need Fab to play in all our big games and every PL game, the PL is so difficult but we managed to win games without him for most of the early part of last season but then the defence were in better shape. It is a strange area for us because our midfielders so far are worker types, while our attack is given most support by LB/RB. I have this feeling that both Ox and Keita are being drilled and trained so that they are conditioned to perform in the second part of the season much like Fab was last season.

Play the second string and kids in the League Cup, FA Cup and World Club Cup. First team on R and R for all those matches. The WCC was a complete farce last time we were in it. We took it seriously but the reffing was shite. Traditionally we never took it seriously. With the League on the line , don't see any reason to take it seriously now. Fuck it.

His record of 3 losses in last 60 league games and still squeezing a big ear in there suggest otherwise....
That misses the point. What has his record got to do with when he makes substitutions to rest players this season? We are not talking of history, we are concerned from here on for the rest of this season, and the effects of the almost continual football (on at the very least some of them) over the past two years.

Last edited:
That misses the point. What has his record got to do with when he makes substitutions to rest players this season? We are not talking of history, we are concerned from here on for the rest of this season, and the effects of the almost continual football (on at the very least some of them) over the past two years.

Nah. I don't miss any point.

His record has everything to do with his actions. It build up a trust in the guy and his team that they maybe knows what they are up too. You claim he doesn't use his bench as active or as good as he should, and are concerned we burn up our firepower to early. His record proves that he has got his actions right so far and it is a chance that he will get it roght going forward. So why would he change it. Let us look at some suggestions:

1. He and his backroom staff is incompetent and random frogs and fishes at internet actually knows better what they should do?
  2. By taking off our best players (Salah/Frim/Mane) he believe we risk that the opposition has to worry less about the treath the pose and allow them to attack us in a different way, hence it is better for our game to keep them on to ensure we win the game and secure three points?
  3. He believes that the players actually wants to play the games and excell in their profession. It might of course sound egoistic by them, but maybe they actually want to win individual honours in parallell with club honours. Maybe this also help lift the team status. Having the "best individuals" make us more feared? Mane seemed very unhappy being subbed when he could add to his tally.
  4. He believe that by chopping and changing our best players we loose the rythm and is less efficient and that might even burn out the remaining players even more?
  5. He actually believe these players (like Messis and Ronaldos of the world) is capable to play even through peaks? Maybe he even have some fitness coach dude that back him up?'
I don't have the answers, nor the statistics for how many late goals Salah, Mane and Firmino actually has scored. But dismissing the record that took us to a record tally in the league as well as 2 CL finals is brave mate.

I don't really understand this sort of statement. "We only had 1 starting against Barca at Anfield"? So? It doesn't really prove anything.
If we had all three fit and available, they'd have started. Does that mean we'd have lost? Or won more easily?

And Firmino very clearly wasn't 100% for the final, but he started, did fuck all, and we still won.

So what's the point you're trying to make? We can rotate in one-off games and still win? Based on one game?

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything, I was suggesting that we should play our best and fittest team with an adage that we can still win when not at full strength, we did it more than once last season, I used the most stand out example.

Best doesn't always mean fittest, fittest will probably never mean best, but there's a line and Jurgen makes that call and balances between the two, whether that be with his choice of starting line up or the substitutions he makes.

Nah. I don't miss any point.

His record has everything to do with his actions. It build up a trust in the guy and his team that they maybe knows what they are up too. You claim he doesn't use his bench as active or as good as he should, and are concerned we burn up our firepower to early. His record proves that he has got his actions right so far and it is a chance that he will get it roght going forward. So why would he change it. Let us look at some suggestions:

1. He and his backroom staff is incompetent and random frogs and fishes at internet actually knows better what they should do?
  2. By taking off our best players (Salah/Frim/Mane) he believe we risk that the opposition has to worry less about the treath the pose and allow them to attack us in a different way, hence it is better for our game to keep them on to ensure we win the game and secure three points?
  3. He believes that the players actually wants to play the games and excell in their profession. It might of course sound egoistic by them, but maybe they actually want to win individual honours in parallell with club honours. Maybe this also help lift the team status. Having the "best individuals" make us more feared? Mane seemed very unhappy being subbed when he could add to his tally.
  4. He believe that by chopping and changing our best players we loose the rythm and is less efficient and that might even burn out the remaining players even more?
  5. He actually believe these players (like Messis and Ronaldos of the world) is capable to play even through peaks? Maybe he even have some fitness coach dude that back him up?'
I don't have the answers, nor the statistics for how many late goals Salah, Mane and Firmino actually has scored. But dismissing the record that took us to a record tally in the league as well as 2 CL finals is brave mate.
Sorry mate but you are clearly continuing to miss the point by referencing the CL, goal scoring records and the effect our players have on the opposition - none of that has any relevance whatsoever to this situation. It's not just me, look at how many others on this forum (inc. FFF who started the thread, otherwise why start it) have noticed how leggy some of our players are already, and we've only played 8 PL and 2 CL matches. The season it not even 25% through and some of our players already look knackered.

You can keep saying trust Klopp and the fitness team all you like - but NONE of them have been through this before (WC, ACN, Euro qualifiers, WCC, FAC, CL, PL) where demands on players and their fitness is being stretched to the absolute limit. Hence why saving players 20-30 mins every match or two could save them from injury or burnout.

Nothing that has gone before matters or is relevant, we are in uncharted waters. It's not above winning matches per se, Salah, Mane et al are not going to be scoring or winning us anything if they are injured, or totally shattered, as the season progresses. It's all about how to manage all of the players' fitness throughout this season.

I couldn't understand against Salzburg when we were 3 - 0 up and coasting, he didn't make 2 or 3 changes then ( 2 of the front 3 definitely should have come off ). I think it was an ideal opportunity to rest players, and if we had have done this, I doubt very much we would have taken out foot off the pedal to the extent that we let them right back into the game. Fresh legs would have given fresh impetus and we may have seen the game out 4 or 5 - 1. If Klopp isn't going to take opportunities like that to rest key players, I'm not sure where exactly he is likely to do it.

I couldn't understand against Salzburg when we were 3 - 0 up and coasting, he didn't make 2 or 3 changes then ( 2 of the front 3 definitely should have come off ). I think it was an ideal opportunity to rest players, and if we had have done this, I doubt very much we would have taken out foot off the pedal to the extent that we let them right back into the game. Fresh legs would have given fresh impetus and we may have seen the game out 4 or 5 - 1. If Klopp isn't going to take opportunities like that to rest key players, I'm not sure where exactly he is likely to do it.

So he should have made 2-3 changes before the intervall?

Sorry mate but you are clearly continuing to miss the point by referencing the CL, goal scoring records and the effect our players have on the opposition - none of that has any relevance whatsoever to this situation. It's not just me, look at how many others on this forum (inc. FFF who started the thread, otherwise why start it) have noticed how leggy some of our players are already, and we've only played 8 PL and 2 CL matches. The season it not even 25% through and some of our players already look knackered.

You can keep saying trust Klopp and the fitness team all you like - but NONE of them have been through this before (WC, ACN, Euro qualifiers, WCC, FAC, CL, PL) where demands on players and their fitness is being stretched to the absolute limit. Hence why saving players 20-30 mins every match or two could save them from injury or burnout.

Nothing that has gone before matters or is relevant, we are in uncharted waters. It's not above winning matches per se, Salah, Mane et al are not going to be scoring or winning us anything if they are injured, or totally shattered, as the season progresses. It's all about how to manage all of the players' fitness throughout this season.

Foxy being a dramaqueen and winding you all up creating a chaos of hysteria and panic doesn't make me miss the point. These are well trained guys in a period were they are loading up with training and games. I don’t think they have looked So knackered as you pan out, they even have won a few games late on. I still think out management know what they are up to, and I base it on their record. It is hard to ignorer that. The same way I say Uniteds players don’t look knackered and I still doesn't think Ole can lift them based on his record.

We have won 8 games in the league and 2 in the cups out of 11 games. You say We should have rester players more. So out of those 11 games which one would you pick to maybe loose points? I saw above a bizarr suggestion to take off 2-3 players when we were 3-0 jo against Salzburg, who themselves Scored after 42 mins or so. Salah won us that match in the end.

Jesus Foxy, you created a teeniegirl of a thread here. What were you thinking???

Hahaha. I was just trying to see who, if anyone, thought Klopp may try to keep playing this strongest side, & how long for, & how exactly people thought we should rest players.

Apologies for creating drama!

Foxy being a dramaqueen and winding you all up creating a chaos of hysteria and panic doesn't make me miss the point. These are well trained guys in a period were they are loading up with training and games. I don’t think they have looked So knackered as you pan out, they even have won a few games late on. I still think out management know what they are up to, and I base it on their record. It is hard to ignorer that. The same way I say Uniteds players don’t look knackered and I still doesn't think Ole can lift them based on his record.

We have won 8 games in the league and 2 in the cups out of 11 games. You say We should have rester players more. So out of those 11 games which one would you pick to maybe loose points? I saw above a bizarr suggestion to take off 2-3 players when we were 3-0 jo against Salzburg, who themselves Scored after 42 mins or so. Salah won us that match in the end.

Jesus Foxy, you created a teeniegirl of a thread here. What were you thinking???
You definitely are still missing the point mate. Not sure how much clearer I can be ! It's not about the matches we've played. It's going forward this season !!

You definitely are still missing the point mate. Not sure how much clearer I can be ! It's not about the matches we've played. It's going forward this season !!

I hear you. Loud and clear!! "He doesn't seem to do this enough" is not about the games we have played, but about the games we shall play. Appoligize for not catching that one :D

I hear you. Loud and clear!! "He doesn't seem to do this enough" is not about the games we have played, but about the games we shall play. Appoligize for not catching that one :D
Yeah my point being he's not exactly renown for making early subs. I did make that clear with other comments in my 3-4 posts so there were enough hints :D :D :D

One thing I would like Klopp to do is, where feasible, get his substitutions in early.
What has his record got to do with when he makes substitutions to rest players this season?
The season it not even 25% through and some of our players already look knackered.
... but NONE of them have been through this before (WC, ACN, Euro qualifiers, WCC, FAC, CL, PL) where demands on players and their fitness is being stretched to the absolute limit.
Nothing that has gone before matters or is relevant, we are in uncharted waters.
It's all about how to manage all of the players' fitness throughout this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom