• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool to be awarded PL title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One interesting nugget to chuck into this will be players contracts and the transfer window. A small number of players (eg Lallana) are contracted to June 30th Transfer window is supposed to open July 1st (I think).
I think eufa will ask for all players & clubs to agree to an x day extension to those contracts as a blanket rule on existing terms, anything else is too messy.

One interesting nugget to chuck into this will be players contracts and the transfer window. A small number of players (eg Lallana) are contracted to June 30th Transfer window is supposed to open July 1st (I think).

There was a time, you know, when the transfer window never closed and football was able to exist.

[article]At a conference call scheduled for 10.30am on Thursday representatives of all 20 Premier League clubs are expected to restate a determination to get the current season finished if at all possible, ideally by 30 June. That extended date has been made possible by Uefa’s decision to postpone this summer’s European Championship until 2021 principally to make more time for club seasons to be completed.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-expected-to-push-for-30-june-season-finish

[/article]

Fuck you West Ham and Spurs.

[article]At a conference call scheduled for 10.30am on Thursday representatives of all 20 Premier League clubs are expected to restate a determination to get the current season finished if at all possible, ideally by 30 June. That extended date has been made possible by Uefa’s decision to postpone this summer’s European Championship until 2021 principally to make more time for club seasons to be completed.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-expected-to-push-for-30-june-season-finish

[/article]

Fuck you West Ham and Spurs.

With 10 games left to play that would require the league to restart some time in May, that doesnt seem likely at the moment

I've accepted the fact that this season will be voided.

It'll hurt less that way when it's inevitably confirmed.

There are far too many issues arising from voiding an underway competition particularly for teams in both promotion, relegation and qualifying positions, not to mention whether TV revenues would be paid (which are no doubt in all clubs budgets).

Why would you risk lawsuits when future tournaments can be rescheduled? Better late (matches to play) than never. After all, if it were safe to start a new competition why wouldn't it be safe to complete the current one...

It may be wishful thinking on our parts but doesn't it make sense to complete this season as its over 70% completed than to start a new season? If we complete this season at least we have winners and losers and a new season can emerge off the back of this.

It may be wishful thinking but it's also correct IMO. This is going to be tricky enough for the football authorities to sort out without the sheer faff of deciding how to round off an incomplete season.

Possibly not the latter with the way things are and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

Possibly not the latter with the way things are and probably will be for the foreseeable future.
2.5 months for C-19 to run is course in China. Similar in South Korea. Disney and all the parks open in Shanghai. Yep there'll still be a parade. I'm guesstimating end of July early August.

Provided we win it & the parade is before the end of August.

Cos I'm in Spain from 30th August & I do not want to be out of the country when it happens. I couldn't handle that.

2.5 months for C-19 to run is course in China. Similar in South Korea. Disney and all the parks open in Shanghai. Yep there'll still be a parade. I'm guesstimating end of July early August.
Difference is.. China and S.Korea are all about the collective good in the majority of their citizens.

Over 70s here have been told to stay inside... and I swear, it's like a big fuck you.. they are all out..

People here have been told to stay away from pubs.. but again, it's like Christmas eve down the pubs at the moment.. they are all rammed.

I fear unless there is a breakthrough in a treatment.. France and US suggest there may be one using Malaria treatment. Then we will be longer than 2.5 months from even now..

Provided we win it & the parade is before the end of August.

Cos I'm in Spain from 30th August & I do not want to be out of the country when it happens. I couldn't handle that.

Hopefully by August we can actually leave the UK and visit other countries. That would be nice.

Difference is.. China and S.Korea are all about the collective good in the majority of their citizens.

Over 70s here have been told to stay inside... and I swear, it's like a big fuck you.. they are all out..

People here have been told to stay away from pubs.. but again, it's like Christmas eve down the pubs at the moment.. they are all rammed.

I fear unless there is a breakthrough in a treatment.. France and US suggest there may be one using Malaria treatment. Then we will be longer than 2.5 months from even now..

yep. For any form of plan from the government to work, the public need to buy into it. Which they don’t seem to be at the moment in many places. They either need to change the plan, or enforce lockdowns etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom