• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich pre match chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon545660

don't make me get the hose...
So our only confirmed available CB is Matip. Lovren has travelled to the Marbella training camp so fingers crossed.

Hopefully Trent is back.

Do we stick with the Fabs/Naby/Gini midfield?

33ac52f6b5bbf3123357d996cf8454ef.jpg

Current Bundesliga table.

So our only confirmed available CB is Matip. Lovren has travelled to the Marbella training camp so fingers crossed.

Hopefully Trent is back.

Do we stick with the Fabs/Naby/Gini midfield?
If lovren and trent are fit to play then its fabinho, milner and gini as the three i hope. Or he may save fabinho for the mancs and play hendo.

If lovren and trent are fit to play then its fabinho, milner and gini as the three i hope. Or he may save fabinho for the mancs and play hendo.
Keita does know that Bayern team though having played plenty of times against them. Whether that’s a positive or negative I don’t know, but I can imagine him starting that one, with Milner coming in against the Mancs.

Keita does know that Bayern team though having played plenty of times against them. Whether that’s a positive or negative I don’t know, but I can imagine him starting that one, with Milner coming in against the Mancs.

I think so too – we need to put Bayern under constant pressure and control the tempo, Keita is the best midfielder we have at doing that (when he's playing in his right position and playing well).

Against United it will be a bloodbath, a battle of wills and nerves. I would be much more comfortable with Milner and/or Hendo there.

After the 10 day break I can see him playing our strongest team in both matches.

Any rotation will come against Watford e.g. playing an alternate midfielder or two.

Can't see Lovren not being back for Bayern - and he's the kind of character who would fight to be involved. Same front 6 as Bournemouth given Naby's experience against Bayern (might do him some confidence) with Trent and Lovren back in the defence. Shaq will be eager to have a good impact against his old club but I can't see him starting over Naby.

Lovren didn’t travel to Marbella and it’s a tight race for him to be fit to play Bayern. It’s looking like Fabinho and 50p head at the back.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com in Spain: “Dejan is not here and Joe [Gomez] is not here.

“That’s never a good sign, I would say, but we will try everything to make Dejan available for Munich. It will be a tight race.

“For him, it makes sense in the moment to be in another place to do what he has to do. It wouldn’t have helped if he was here, so we will try everything – that’s clear.”

Phillips has gone to the training camp so might be a suitable back up with Matip if Degsy can't make it.

Lovren didn’t travel to Marbella and it’s a tight race for him to be fit to play Bayern. It’s looking like Fabinho and 50p head at the back.

That's worrying, playing a crucial CL tie with our 4th and 5th choice CBs. Fabinho did well next to Van Dijk, but it might be a different story if it's him and Matip.

Matip has actually been very good of late. I've felt his last few performances have gone under the radar slightly. I wouldn't swap him for a returning Lovren, even if he was fit TBH. I just hope Trent is good to go for 90 minutes. He'll be vital.

I wouldn't take a loss in any circumstances right now. We need the momentum after this month. We think too often about fitness and resting, but never enough about confidence. Winning breeds winning and beating Bayern would aid our league push.

Matip has actually been very good of late. I've felt his last few performances have gone under the radar slightly. I wouldn't swap him for a returning Lovren, even if he was fit TBH. I just hope Trent is good to go for 90 minutes. He'll be vital.

I wouldn't take a loss in any circumstances right now. We need the momentum after this month. We think too often about fitness and resting, but never enough about confidence. Winning breeds winning and beating Bayern would aid our league push.

Matip can be good next to a commanding defender, but he doesn't seem to have leadership qualities. I would worry about him trying to guide Fabinho playing out of position against a striker like Lewandowski who doesn't forgive any mistakes.

Fortunately Bayern have problems of their own; most of all the rather flat and listless football they are playing for under the new manager. We have what it takes to beat them if we avoid self-inflicted disaster at the back.

I’d swap Lovren for Matip in a heartbeat.

He’s been caught out up the field heaps and is weak as piss.

No coincidence we’ve looked more vunerable with him in the team.

.......Fortunately Bayern have problems of their own; most of all the rather flat and listless football they are playing for under the new manager. We have what it takes to beat them if we avoid self-inflicted disaster at the back.
After poor mid season form, inc. a spell of 2 draws and 2 defeats, they have picked up again and the last 12 games for Bayern have produced 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat (at Leverkusen), scoring 35 goals (nearly 3 per game) and conceding 13 (though 10 of those came in three games, Ajax, Dortmund and Hertha).

I think they'll score, the positive is they can be got at as especially Ajax and Dortmund have shown. With 2-3 CBs out I think we'll edge it 3-2.

We should not show up for the game and rest our players for United. We lose 3-0 or what? Then we hammer United and stay on top and beat Bayern 4-0 in the second leg.

Easy.

With potentially 19 games left we have a lot of football to play. 2 games in two weeks is a good rest for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom