• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Brighton - Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not playing at our best but we keep winning,40 out of 42 points is not too bad,I'll take a heart stopping 2-1 EVERY game if it means winning that bloody title,who's with me ;)

Think we got a little to relaxed after going 2-0 up, and the midfield was unable to take back control after that.

Will be interesting to see how we line up against Everton. They also have a day less rest and loads of injuries.
That will be another brutal game to watch..

Pity about Alisson being out but, given the actual quality of the opposition, you could argue this is one of the games in which we'll miss him less than we might have.

I missed the match - was the formation the normal 4-3-3, and who played DM?

Also - 40 points means we can relax on the relegation issue for another year

Just putting things into perspective here,we have double the amount of points as the team in 5th place,we have a point a game more than the team in 4th place,ALMOST a point a game more than the 2 teams in 2nd and 3rd place and almost 3 times as many points as our friendly neighbours across the park and we're 23 points ahead of Man Utd,not a bad season so far :)

We grind out 40 of 42 points in what people claim to be the toughest league in the world and people complain we don’t make it look easy...... hello darkness my old friend!

That`s what happens when we have a quality team.expectations are High.

109 point finish if we keep it up :eek:

Got some stick for posting this in the match tread...

"Bit disappointed that our two goals have come from set pieces...Aside from a couple half chances we have not really produced that much."

Now i am as happy with the win and where we are in the table as much as anyone else. But here is my concern...

We don't seem to be doing as much to produce chances in and around the box in many games as we have did last season and seeming to be, I said "seeming to be" relying on set pieces for our goals which is a concern to me...

This is the second game in a row we have won with both sets of goals coming from set pieces, and as nice as it feels to win those game, it would be even nicer to have won them with a few goals from open play as well as those set pieces

I know that teams are wise to the ways of Salah now, and Bobby is running a bit hot and cold at present and Mane can not carry the team by himself...

Still it is another five points gain vs City so i will check my concerns at door...

I would like to ask a question...

Was it just me, or did Salah look pissed off at being substituted today?

@Donavan Ried it would be more of a worry if Salah didn`t look worried to be taken off.

Set piece goals still count but I would like to see us taking more goal scoring opportunities than we are at present.
Finishing seems to be an ongoing problem for us, creating opportunities is great but we need to be ruthless and score more.

"Bit disappointed that our two goals have come from set pieces...Aside from a couple half chances we have not really produced that much."

Now i am as happy with the win and where we are in the table as much as anyone else. But here is my concern...

We don't seem to be doing as much to produce chances in and around the box in many games as we have did last season and seeming to be, I said "seeming to be" relying on set pieces for our goals which is a concern to me...

This is the second game in a row we have won with both sets of goals coming from set pieces, and as nice as it feels to win those game, it would be even nicer to have won them with a few goals from open play as well as those set pieces

I know that teams are wise to the ways of Salah now, and Bobby is running a bit hot and cold at present and Mane can not carry the team by himself...

Still it is another five points gain vs City so i will check my concerns at door...

We're no longer the entertainers. Just winners. With as little energy expended as possible because we have more things to win.

@Donavan Ried it would be more of a worry if Salah didn`t look worried to be taken off.

Set piece goals still count but I would like to see us taking more goal scoring opportunities than we are at present.
Finishing seems to be an ongoing problem for us, creating opportunities is great but we need to be ruthless and score more.
Dont worry the bad finishing is catching on ... even city are suffering from it.

Perception is key. We may have struggled through a couple of games recently but we didnt falter. City lost to us in a game they needed to win and then drew against Newcastle in a game they needed to win.

The pressure on them now is to win every game or the title is gone, they wont, they know this.

Momentum is a funny thing. If we were to lose a couple City would come to life.

We simply have to keep extending our lead until our inevitable wobble won’t matter

Bit concerning to read Jurgen's comments about how cold Adrian was. Surely the club could fund a sleeping bag, a blow heater, heat-for-feet socks, or some hand-warming sticks ?

5 point gained?

no they lost 2 points and we gained 3 so thats the 5 points.

On a wind up :D you sir are surely the King of the Wind Up and I bow down in your presence :p

Ha ha ha. It still amazing to see them constantly drop the ball.

Last year they dropped the majority of their points in quick succession over Xmas but this season they are sputtering all the time. They needed to win 9/10 in a row after losing to us but again have dropped points.

We’ve now won 5 on the bounce since Utd.

We are getting in the territory of an unassailable lead.

18 points is the marker for me to actually really believe it’s going to happen so a bit to go yet.

Oh and Lewis Dunk should be playing for England. I saw him play in the championship and was surprised that no premiership team signed him.

Hi All,

I just don't get it anymore, we have been winning games - by very small margins - it is crazy and scary, now I know some of you have said that is what title winning teams do - but week after week ? - give me a fucking break, - it goes as far as the Leicester/Spurs game, where we play stutter and stutter and then eventually win. I don't remember previous title winning teams becoming champions by playing as crap as we have of late. Let's be honest - we have moments of like 10-15 minutes of dominance followed by "something" which amounts to some kind of win. We keep conceding goals - no clean sheets this season to even talk of.

Right now with no Fabinho in our team - I worry when we come up against genuine quality - if we can win those midfield battles, his tall presence alone gave us good control of games, going into the December period - I have no idea what to expect but right now, Salah does not even look half the player he was last season let alone the season before, and what the fuck was Alisson thinking when we did that to get sent off.

It's fucking mental and my biggest fear is that if we throw away this lead we have - and don't end up with a title - they will talk about the ultimate bottle job in history since Keegan's Newcastle. Personally I don't give a shit if we play like the way we are and win games, but at some point our luck will run out.

MORON

Yeah well he fucked up once today against arguably the best player in the world. I think I'll give him a pass for that. The first goal wasn't on Dunk.

He’s looked solid in fairness anytime I’ve seen him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom