• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Burnley - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is an escape from reality.
Even when we're poor, it's that.
This was a great team, and we've fucked ourselves, along with the help of ridiculous refereeing decisions.
Klopp may struggle to rebuild a team if he doesn't get us in the CL next year ... and the way we're going, we may be a few points away from 4th by the time the next round ends.
Then you have fucking :D telling us how it's ok and we're not close to 10th - Arsenal are going to be on our tail soon, the same Arsenal that were 4 points off relegation 3 weeks ago.

How is football an escape this year. Cancelled my Airbnb for the parade when this started, now it's empty stadia, no atmosphere, and one player after the next unavailable.

We tried something different tonight, it's just that Origi is shite. Minamino must be wondering what the fuck is going on.

Yes we did and I actually thought 1st half was somewhat promising – even with the drop-off of individual quality at least there was a bit of unpredictability. Then Firmino and Salah came on and it was the same shit all over again.

We tried something different tonight, it's just that Origi is shite. Minamino must be wondering what the fuck is going on.

Plus Shaq is starting too. Klopp's trying something different.

Yeah, Origi wasn't the greatest, but his shot that hit the post was probably our best shot on goal we've had in these recent games. That's how poor our shooting has been!

Yes we did and I actually thought 1st half was somewhat promising – even with the drop-off of individual quality at least there was a bit of unpredictability. Then Firmino and Salah came on and it was the same shit all over again.

Fair enough. I just don't see why he didn't go with a similar setup to the palace game, as that worked and nothing since has

How is football an escape this year. Cancelled my Airbnb for the parade when this started, now it's empty stadia, no atmosphere, and one player after the next unavailable.

Would you rather I focus on the news of the a new COVID strain from ___ (insert country here)?
Sports is, and always will be, an escape from shit ... but right now, I feel like I don't even want to watch this shit ... and I'll just watch movies or youtube clips of snakes killing mice.

BTW, people are going to criticize Thiago and I don't think it's fair, given that the front 3 can't hit a barn door and the delivery from full-backs has turned to shit. Yes, there are things to nit-pick, but Thiago is clearly not the problem here.

BTW, people are going to criticize Thiago and I don't think it's fair, given that the front 3 can't hit a barn door and the delivery from full-backs has turned to shit. Yes, there are things to nit-pick, but Thiago is clearly not the problem here.

I'd release him out of respect so he can return to Bayern and win the treble again.

Would you rather I focus on the news of the a new COVID strain from ___ (insert country here)?
Sports is, and always will be, an escape from shit ... but right now, I feel like I don't even want to watch this shit ... and I'll just watch movies or youtube clips of snakes killing mice.

No, but in this game sometimes we are the snake and sometimes we are the mouse. I didn't really buy into the dynasty shit. The league isn't like this, nor is our financial muscle. If you aren't enjoying this struggle switch it off, but you've seen much worse, because you've been at this a while.

No, but in this game sometimes we are the snake and sometimes we are the mouse. I didn't really buy into the dynasty shit. The league isn't like this, nor is our financial muscle. If you aren't enjoying this struggle switch it off, but you've seen much worse, because you've been at this a while.

Yah but I'm a Liverpool fan, I enjoyed torture for 30 years!

Yah but I'm a Liverpool fan, I enjoyed torture for 30 years!

I didn't, I was just programmed to endure it in the hope of some future reward. I've found it incredibly hard this season to care. Not only is the whole thing shit and meaningless, but it was decades dreaming of a moment. Then the celebration of it was destroyed. I feel like I'm wandering around in zelda after I beat the game.

Today should have been the wake up call that Klopp clearly needs. Forget the title this season its gone. We need to finish top 4 and focus on the inevitable rebuild.

We won't beat Leipzig ... Fucking Pat and his bullshit cursed us there too, he'll probably make good money on that too.
Ha.

I expected a drop off this year but nothing like this and everyone else was so shit it felt like we could canter home to another title.

CL will have to do.

I didn't, I was just programmed to endure it in the hope of some future reward. I've found it incredibly hard this season to care. Not only is the whole thing shit and meaningless, but it was decades dreaming of a moment. Then the celebration of it was destroyed. I feel like I'm wandering around in zelda after I beat the game.

Yah fair point.

What was the Bill quote?

We are in woeful form but don’t discount us yet.

I can only see what's in front of me - if we were to invest in a CB that could give us Fabinho in the middle, or ensure HEndo isn't a CB again, I may be a bit more confident.
Honestly though, from what I see, the team is in serious shit.
Yes, we can come out of it and still challenge for the title but what we're seeing now with our FBs, with out front 3 - it's very very worrying.
Maybe it really is just a blip but we'll be 7 points from 10th and 7 points from 1st once City win their next game ... we are in a precarious position ... and if we don't finish 4th, this team is in serious serious shit considering our investment when were *were* in the CL.

I can only see what's in front of me - if we were to invest in a CB that could give us Fabinho in the middle, or ensure HEndo isn't a CB again, I may be a bit more confident.
Honestly though, from what I see, the team is in serious shit.
Yes, we can come out of it and still challenge for the title but what we're seeing now with our FBs, with out front 3 - it's very very worrying.
Maybe it really is just a blip but we'll be 7 points from 10th and 7 points from 1st once City win their next game ... we are in a precarious position ... and if we don't finish 4th, this team is in serious serious shit considering our investment when were *were* in the CL.
This season above any has seen big gaps wiped out. City were 5 behind us not so long ago.
It could well be as simple as a lack of appetite. It’s really hard to go back to back.

Whilst we've clearly been shit, for a great many reasons, it's also not unfair to say we've been unlucky.

We've had nearly 90 shots in five matches & not one has gone in. That's not one ball slipping into a forwards path from a keeper, not one lucky bounce from the woodwork, not one deflection taking a shit shot past the keeper, the chances of that are beyond fucking extreme.

As I said, there's a myriad of reasons why we've been shit, but it's extremely hard to imagine that run of shite luck continuing.

Ignoring the constant shite crosses & lack of variety, we're not playing that badly that we shouldn't be able to beat the sides we've been struggling against, & the last couple of matches it's been the forwards being off their game that would have made the difference in key moments, despite us not being anywhere near our usual standard.

90 shots and the only one I can remember is the Origi one, that tells me that they weren't exactly gilt-edged chances, unfortunately :(.

90 shots and the only one I can remember is the Origi one, that tells me that they weren't exactly gilt-edged chances, unfortunately :(.

Don't forget the Newcastle chances, but the main problem has been positioning at the right moment or lame shots (ah hem,, Bobby)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom