• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Chelsea UEFA Super Cup - Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
68692536_10158168791552573_7815104427169153024_n.jpg

Why don't they wear their CL winning Medals?

He's the last person I wanted to see injured/reinjured.

Still has it all to prove.

Looking forward to this tonight. Lets pick up another trophy. Time to get used to the feeling of winning one-off matches like this.

I'm on a downer about Naby - but i trust our medical team will get him fit, just hope he doesn't get called up in the next international break once rested. Ox or Shaq in that midfield please!
My concern too, i'll be furious if we take care of him, and then Guinea fuck around again.

It doesn't sound like the Naby situation is too serious if he's planning to train again today? Fucking hope it isn't, this guy can succeed with a run of games.

My concern too, i'll be furious if we take care of him, and then Guinea fuck around again.
It's always been a risk with players.

Thankfully English players seem to be less at risk now, their medical staff seem to defer to ours a lot now, but smaller nations always think they're quacks know better & fuck players up.

I've said for decades that there should be an independent medical board working for uefa/fifa, paid for jointly by the biggest clubs & fa's, that assesses players in the event of an injury that is disputed.

It's not a big game - it's the European charity shield. Great to qualify for it, nice to win it, no biggie if we lose it
My acid test for a big game is how likely we are to remember the events around the game and on the pitch in ten years time.
I have zero recollection of the 8 super cup games we've qualified to play so far. Zero.

Maybe he just walked off down the tunnel unhappy because he felt he trained badly?

:bag:

Chelsea are there for the taking, I hope klopp plays a strong team.

Naby has replaced studge as the sick note in the squad. Frustrating for everyone.

I may be being wildly arrogant, but I full expect us to beat them comfortably.

Who will get their goals? Abrahams?? Giroud?? Against VVD!? Lol.

Maybe one of their midfielders could score from range, but that's about it.

Lampard is a novice manager too.

2 or 3-0.

I may be being wildly arrogant, but I full expect us to beat them comfortably.

Who will get their goals? Abrahams?? Giroud?? Against VVD!? Lol.

Maybe one of their midfielders could score from range, but that's about it.

Lampard is a novice manager too.

2 or 3-0.

Puuki scored against us the other week? :/

If Pedro and Willian play they could cause some trouble.

My acid test for a big game is how likely we are to remember the events around the game and on the pitch in ten years time.
I have zero recollection of the 8 super cup games we've qualified to play so far. Zero.

Riise scoring in 01 in one of his first games.

Chelsea actually looked alright going forward, had some good chances & hit the woodwork a few times.

Their defence was shocking obv. United only had 5 shots & scored 4.

On another day that game could have been a 3 or 4 all draw easily.

Chelsea actually looked alright going forward, had some good chances & hit the woodwork a few times.

Their defence was shocking obv. United only had 5 shots & scored 4.

On another day that game could have been a 3 or 4 all draw easily.

Chelsea should have scored early, and United scored totally against of play after 16-17 minutes. So we should be careful to read the result and think this is a walkover.

Not sure how he should rectify the defence in such a short timeframe, but Zouma was absolutely horrendus and I would be amazed (and extremelly pleased) if he starts tonight.

I like Naby, but never understand why a fully grown man and professional footballer of high standing didn't assert his right to recommended recovery (as per his top level football team) over the demands of a less professional national manager.
Because the manager was a cunt. If the manager wants to play him then the player has no say if he's been cleared to play by the national team doctor.

Last edited:
Not really. It’s a little more cautious than the Norwich game but then that’s to be expected. We should have this

Slightly strange team. I always worry about our creativity when Trent isn't playing. Firmino not playing too.

Mane up top then?

Why the fuck do we have 2 keepers on the bench?! We got no more outfield players??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom